Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2009, 03:51 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
jupiter , Florida
Searching for Airstream Soulmate

Wow - this is lame, but times are tough.

After once again searching the internet for a used Bambi, unsuccessful as usual, it dawned on me that given the times, my age(an extremely youthful 50 thankyouverymuch), my tired as hell of looking, single- status, that maybe there are men (guys, dudes, hombres,) who are in the same position. So, I thought, wtf? Let's cast a line out there and watch the bobber.

Here's my deal: I currently live in the warm, south and my lifelong desire is to live up north (don't question me on this - I know what I want), as well as Canada, England or France. You MUST have seen and 'get' Michael Moores' "Sicko" to know what I'm talking about or proceed ANY farther. I'm over explaining myself.

I'm looking for a best friend. Similar interests are key. Besides Airstreams,
read my "hobbies" and if you can relate, move to the next step. Suffice to say I'm unusual. Huge movie fan and do 'movie speak' (ie: drop classic movie lines at the appropriate moment) like nobody. I'm a huge animal person - ridiculously so. I'm creative, witty, stubborn, romantic, neurotic,
compassionate, hip and devoted. I prefer to nest, do home improvements, garden, and enjoy my better half, but have a wild side and clean up REALLY well! My child is in college, so it's time for ME to leave the nest.
I'm looking for someone like-minded. I'm 5'9 and prefer tall men, with Teddy Bears scoring high. However, a believer in chemistry, it's not the end all, be all. I want "forever after" so it's not a solid. But, NO mullets or fake hair.

OK, here's my Dream scenario: My guy and I, living in a wicked- cool old house, with charm , character and a detached garage (maybe 2-car) with an amazing workshop. In the driveway are a couple cars, a harley or 2, and our Airstream trailer. We have all the latest electronic gadgets, amazing kitchen with a viking stove, great home theater, a hot tub or pool. We love going to live concerts and theatre, garage sales/flea markets, sushi, exercising, volunteering for animal issues, and being in love. We have at least 2 dogs, who we love have sharing our bed. We maybe talk about adopting or fostering a child.

Realizing that dreams are not always realized, a more humble-er version of the above concerning "luxuries" could also work. However, the 'wicked cool old house with the detached garage and airstream' is NOT negotiable. AND....either scenario HAS to occur somewhere NORTH of Florida, in Canada, France, England, or possibly another european country.

If I'm upsetting any of you, just know that I've tried all the silly dating sites and don't want to go down that road any more. The chances of finding a really cool guy that loves Airstream's is better here than there. I'm tired of gushing over my love of them to people that just stare at me like I have 2 heads.

I hope to hear from ya'll. Opinions on my methods, potential suitors or just cool people to chat with. I've gotta warn you, I don't get on line as much as I should. I have a 2 story house and my computer is upstairs and it is SUCH a friggin pain in the ass! If I could, I would have a ONE story house. Or build a dumb-waiter (what a GREAT idea!! I love those things)

Ciao!
Media DV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Cleveland , Tennessee
Welcome Media DV8

Your dreams sound wonderful. The love of my life & I had a similar lifestyle at one time. Fate made it reasonable to give up our lovely home. We sold the minivan, El Camino, & '51 Chevy. We now live full time in our AS

You share a lot of our passions. We like live theatre, garage/yard sales, & auctions. We travel with our 3 dogs. Yup, they get on the bed. They are all rescue animals. We only take animals that need homes. We've never bought a pet from the store.

I love doing handyman projects while Tami is a gardener. No mullets here, heck there's hardly any hair at all!

If we ever meet up, maybe we double date to a show or flea market trip. We currently live in Cleveland, TN. Looking forward to setting up courtesy parking soon.

Ricky

AIR 22749 WBCCI 2349 NOVA TAC TN-6
1989 345 LE Classic Motorhome
3 Dog Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:11 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1970 27' Overlander
Espanola , Full Timer
Send a message via Yahoo to AIR-Quarius Send a message via Skype™ to AIR-Quarius
The Airstream community is loaded with star spangled wonderful people, artists (like me) eccentric and alive and living...professionals, builders, mechanics, seamstresses,carpenters,electricians, chefs,animal lovers,...so now you belong to us, and we are the ones who love you the most. I remember those tiny little mosquitoes that would get you before you knew it. The rest of 'em havent said 'hi' to you yet...Sincerely, Billy
Old 03-07-2009, 09:05 PM   #4

Currently Looking...
St Cloud , Minnesota
I am printing your dream so that I can realize the parts of it that are my own-

heart-
Katrina
k.gregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:06 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
I think adding a singles or personals section to airforums is totally in order!! i know a number of singles in the airstream community who could benefit from a designated area.

media dv8 - thanks for getting it going. good luck finding your soulmate. he is out there!
Old 03-08-2009, 07:33 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
I was reading with some interest until I saw "prefer taller men". Whoops ...

Singles page would be interesting to have here except I'm thinking it might be flooded with non-airstreamers. Though that's not necessarily a bad thing... I recall looking at a singles forum for those who are into horsing/ranching. I was so stumped when I read many of the intro's to find that most had never even been on a horse - just thought horses were neat. Not really gonna find cowboy there!
funkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:19 AM   #7
1972 Travelux Princess 25

Cobourg , Ontario
When you find that place you can adopt me LOL.

I actually have most of that stuff amazingly enough. I do live in Canada, in an old house in the country. It is wicked cool especially in February when the wind is from the west.It has a 3 car detached garage full of half built projects. I'm a huge, animal person. A little too animal for my own good especially at feeding time. I have a full head of hair, home grown not bought. A flock of cars in the driveway. No Harley ( I had my fill of them in the 70s) but a Triumph 650. No Airstream but a Travelux (similar but way cooler).

All my cool electronic gadgets date to the tube era. No swimming pool but a short walk to Lake Ontario.

And, I never had a girlfriend from Jupiter.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:45 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Just gotta post,,, think the Forum would benefit from a singles site,,, going down the road alone is not always fun,, think a singles rally would be a great idea,, or simply a site where those interested could meet and converse,,, Finally,, please see what the mods can do,, we are in this Streamin thing together,, Happy Trails,, donna
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:41 AM   #9
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Question

That's not fair.....What about us, happy married singles?

Robert C. & Sandra B.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:49 AM   #10
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
jupiter , Florida
Airstream Singles?

Maybe I've started something here. It was after a couple glasses of wine that I decided to "lay it all out there", then woke this morning thinking: "What the hell have I done?" But, from the few yet positive responses, I don't think that.

Yes, a single forum would be great! I'm guessing there's lots of issues with that, perv's, scammers, child molesters, etc. So, at this point, just pass the word to keep checking this forum for all your single/looking needs!

I've gotten a couple cool responses and the posts that are public have been very positive. Thanks to everyone for not dissing me in my chardonnay-induced state of desperateness! And, I posted a fairly recent pic on my profile. Don't usually get in front of the camera. I'm also a rabid Howard Stern fan, for those of you who are interested in communicating. I can't go without that show!
Thank God for satellite radio!!!
Old 03-08-2009, 10:39 AM   #11
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
Wow... what a dish! Lemme see... I'm 54, 6'5" tall, in pretty good shape, live in Iowa in a pretty cool 1960 FLW-inspired Usonian brick ranch house with attached garage and RV parking, had Airstreams for twenty years, have lived in my Airstreams twice, rode BMWs for years, love bicycling, have a passport and love to travel, enjoy cruises, and have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels that sleep in bed. I'm shopping for a new hot tub and gazeebo, have restored several Land Cruiser FJ-40s and a Datsun 260z, I 'get' Michael Moore... Stern, not so much... and I love fine wine, jazz, and classic movies.

The only hitch, as I see it, is that I doubt my wife would let me keep you.

Best of luck!

Roger
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:41 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
You sound like a really neat person (am I dating myself with the "neat"?) I hope you find someone to share your dreams and passions with. I found a great guy just a few years ago that the only thing we shared was a love of his fully restored, 1952, step-side, Ford F100 pickup. He never owned a trailer and his last pet was a cat he had in 1968, that he couldn't remember what happened to it. We now have an Argosy, an Airstream, seven (count um 7) cats, five dogs, a Chubby Frog named Roseilee and two large fish ponds. He loves everything I have introduced him to. He's a great guy and just didn't know what he was missing. However, the socialized medicine may not be as much of a bonus as you think. I hope all turns out well for you and you stay wicked healthy.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:48 AM   #13
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
jupiter , Florida
thanks!

Thanks for the encouragement! I'm getting great feedback from men AND women, so I guess I'm not so lame and 'out there'.

To all, please pass my original post to guys you think may 'match'. As far as the socialized medicine, at 50 years young (mentally 12), and not having insurance at this moment (hopefully that will change, but they still have you by the balls), Canada and Europe are looking good. I don't want to have to give up all I've worked for for co-pays and 'non-covered' medical necessities.

It's Sunday, so I'm actually coming upstairs often for house work - did I say how much I DESPISE this aspect of a 2-story house?, so I'm checking my computer more than normal.

You all ROCK!
Old 03-08-2009, 11:20 AM   #14
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
For the record, Canada does not have socialized medicine. The only industrialized country that does is Great Britain. All the others, including Canada, have a single payer system—i.e., the government is the insurer. In our many travels in Canada I never met a Canadian who wasn't pleased with their system and would never trade it for the US "system". Sure they had a few complaints—there's no perfect system. But Americans complain all the time. Media (sounds too close to Medea), you could emigrate and then find a Canadian. To get into their Medicare system (same name, but different) you have to pay into it just like here. We have always enjoyed our trips to Canada and we our lucky to have such a wonderful neighbor.

Good luck on your search and I'm sure you'll find someone when you are ready to find them. Besides being very and happily married, we have a two story house.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 11:54 AM   #15
1972 Travelux Princess 25

Cobourg , Ontario
Not to knock my own country but if you think the medical system in Canada is perfect think again. People die in our emergency rooms waiting for a doctor. A few months ago a man bled to death after waiting 14 hours for a doctor. Then laid on the floor dead for 10 hours before the staff took notice. This caused a bit of a scandal. It was in the papers for a few days then blew over. It's not like it hasn't happened before.

I recently was lucky enough to get a family doctor, but there are over 5000 people in this county alone who aren't so lucky. In the last 20 years I have had a family doctor for less than 5 years.

So, as far as medical care goes you are probably as well off where you are. The only difference is we don't get whopping big bills. We pay whopping big taxes instead.

And of course, if you have good medical insurance you are way better off in the states.In Canada you have no choice, there is only one system and everyone belongs to it, doctors and patients alike. There is no way for either to opt out.

And in view of the shortage of doctors and the huge amount of tax dollars we are spending to support an overloaded system, the last thing we need is more foreigners coming here to freeload.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:10 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Singles ad

Elegant, educated, mature lady with nice figure, and pretty face,
good job, new house. Loves to laugh, drink beer, and fish on my bass boat. Looking for serious relationship with serious minded man.

Please send picture of boat.
mandolindave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:01 PM   #17
Still wears a thong

loaner

I'll loan you Mr. Tin Hut for the summer.
Mrs. Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:12 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
you had me at "Wow"

[quote=Media DV8;674272]Wow -

Can you cook? I'll join you for the summer. I don't have a mullet and you didn't say anthing about wearin' tank tops. I can be your Message in a (beer) Bottle feller.

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:48 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Southern Pines , North Carolina
Hey, great letter. I'm a sometime employed writer and would love to keep up with your quest. There's a book in there somewhere. Would you stay in touch and let me know how it goes..... Cooter
cooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 24
Collierville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganaraska View Post
Not to knock my own country but if you think the medical system in Canada is perfect think again. People die in our emergency rooms waiting for a doctor. A few months ago a man bled to death after waiting 14 hours for a doctor. Then laid on the floor dead for 10 hours before the staff took notice. This caused a bit of a scandal. It was in the papers for a few days then blew over. It's not like it hasn't happened before.

I recently was lucky enough to get a family doctor, but there are over 5000 people in this county alone who aren't so lucky. In the last 20 years I have had a family doctor for less than 5 years.

So, as far as medical care goes you are probably as well off where you are. The only difference is we don't get whopping big bills. We pay whopping big taxes instead.

And of course, if you have good medical insurance you are way better off in the states.In Canada you have no choice, there is only one system and everyone belongs to it, doctors and patients alike. There is no way for either to opt out.

And in view of the shortage of doctors and the huge amount of tax dollars we are spending to support an overloaded system, the last thing we need is more foreigners coming here to freeload.
Waiting for Gene to explain how this is a big myth perpetuated by insurance companies.

Media DV8 good luck in Canada or Europe. Best of luck, break a leg, don't take any wooden nickels.

I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
Heinlein
mrmossyone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
singles