Old 05-25-2009, 09:45 AM   #57
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Would any singles be up for a SINGLES CHAT NIGHT here on Forums?? Im game.. Anyone else???

Old 05-25-2009, 11:49 AM   #58
1 Rivet Member

2009 20' Flying Cloud
Charlotte, , Vermont
It feels like the run up to Christmas morning, if you know what I mean. I will post a bunch of photos very soon. Can't wait. Your daughter likes the FC 20' too? I think it is an awesome floor plan. It seems to fit what I envisioned as my needs/wants. Spent enough time (I hope) at the dealer between the FC 20' & and the FC 23'. Something about the floor plan of the 23' just didn't make as much sense. The only thing I liked was the greater tank capacity of the 23'. I'll just have to work out my "system" as I go along. Is there a singles thread on the Forums? Seems like their ought to be one no? Anyway, thanks for pumping up the excitement factor. Man, just can't wait for tomorrow afternoon to get here!!!!!

Old 05-25-2009, 08:07 PM   #59
3 Rivet Member

1994 21' Sovereign
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceGirl View Post
As a few others have suggested, perhaps a singles column is in order here... for Airstream enthusiasts only though.

I have the house, the family, and the man. The sad part is that my man hates traveling so much that the thought of doing it in a "trailer" makes him cringe. Whenever I talk about having found an Airstream I might be interested in looking at further, he starts up with the "trailer trash" comments. It's not very nice.

My kids would love to hit the road with me. And I'd love to ditch this big house that never stays the right temperature. Home is a comfortable bed and love right?

I hope you find what you're looking for and I hope you see it when you do.
My wife wasn't thrilled about my desire to get an Airstream over the years, and was very quiet after being informed 3-1/2 years ago that I had sent a check for $12,000 to a dealer in New York State for a used Bambi that I had only seen in photos.

I figured that you only live once, and that the worst case would be that I would always have the Bambi to live in even if my wife left me over it.

The story has a happier ending though, my wife has learned to love the Bambi, perhaps even more then I do, and now, after we average about 2 months out of the year on the road. We are always thinking about or planning our next getaway.

But the drama continues, I haven't told her yet, but this morning I agreed to the purchase of yet another Airstream, a nice little 21' Sovereign.

Life is good.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:00 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Singles thread is the one we are on here..LOL...yes she is crazy about the floorplan of the 20 also..I told her about tank space in the 23 but she likes the 20 better too..LOL.. Good luck tomorrow...oops today getting it!!!
Old 05-26-2009, 05:23 AM   #61
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Jupiter , Florida
Hey ya'll!
Yes,l I'm still here. Finally got a job (sound of knocking on every piece of wood around me). It's absolutely HELL out there. Still single - still looking - definately in a better frame of mind to even THINK about that stuff. Just adopted a 10 month old registered choc lab - he's absolutely gorgeous, but wtf was I thinking about? He's 90 lbs of ridiculous energy!
Well, off to get ready for WORK! That's a four letter word I like!

I like the idea of a chat Airboss. Have no idea how to make that happen, so I'll leave the technical issues to you!!

x0x0x0x0 to all who like this thread!
Old 05-26-2009, 08:35 AM   #62
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Anyone have a idea of a night to have it? Tuesdays are the regular chat night. How about Monday nights??? Ideas???
Old 05-26-2009, 08:39 AM   #63
3 Rivet Member

2008 27' Classic FB
Anytown , Massachusetts
I can't imagine there are not MORE singles with AS...or an interest in ASing. (Don't you think...???)

I guess we are all just busy with life, working and traveling to meet someone who truely enjoys the same things (AS and traveling).
It would be great to meet someone however it seems more difficult than first thought.

Until then I will keep AS with great enthusiam and never look back to many places to go and see.
WBCCI #8701* TAC MA-1 * NEU UNIT
Gracie...A Liver & White GSP
Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
Whirlaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:22 AM   #64
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
There was a time when I wondered if were to remain single, but 23 years and one day ago my life changed, and so I haven't been single since.

My point, however, is you'll find someone when you are ready and if you are ready to make a commitment. The commitment may be short or long depending on what you're ready for.

Past experiences can scar people and it can take a long time to be ready, and there's always the problem of picking the same type person it didn't work with before. I finally got it right after much thought, many changes, and some luck. Good luck, many changes and a good attitude to all who are single and who don't want to be single.

Gene
Old 05-26-2009, 01:45 PM   #65
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
I don't know whether I'm single or not but definitely have more in common with those who are. Meet you in chat on Monday night?
Old 05-26-2009, 05:21 PM   #66
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
I can't imagine there are not MORE singles with AS...or an interest in ASing. (Don't you think...???)

I guess we are all just busy with life, working and traveling to meet someone who truely enjoys the same things (AS and traveling).
It would be great to meet someone however it seems more difficult than first thought.

Until then I will keep AS with great enthusiam and never look back to many places to go and see.
I know you would think more singles would be on here..
Old 05-26-2009, 05:22 PM   #67
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
I don't know whether I'm single or not but definitely have more in common with those who are. Meet you in chat on Monday night?
Well. Monday was my thought.. If someone else has a better idea..Im game ...
Old 05-27-2009, 05:11 AM   #68
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Jupiter , Florida
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday.........I've NEVER done a 'chat' (nor have I seen an episode of '90210'). Ever notice that certain 'days' have a feeling or purpose. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are obvious. Monday is blue, blah, crappy. Wednesday is 'hump day'. Thursday has, at least in SoFla, 'bike night' (I used to have a Harley). Tuesday never had a 'feeling', however, lately, it has become the day of the week that new music or DVD releases come out, so I guess someone, somewhere in advertising land, thought the same thing, so now every day has a 'mood'. Personally, I like the Monday idea. U never know if I'll be on-line waiting for the latest Star Wars DVD (............NOT!!)

Lets see how many AS'ers reply to this - I'm guessing most guy-guys will get my pun.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:12 AM   #69
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Yep with Monday a blah day maybe a chat nite will brighten it up a little...I get in the Tuesday chat and last night we talked alot about Cars of the 50s..
Old 05-27-2009, 07:35 AM   #70
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Gene
When ya get it rite its Fabulous, Ain't IT?? It took me 40 yrs and 4 tries and 3 small fortunes. I'm a slow learner.
I never look back. Life is short and we enjoy each other every day we have left.

7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
singles