Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > Solo Streamers
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-27-2009, 02:39 PM   #41
Rivet Master

Trailer trash?????????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirsDream
But seriously, that "trailer trash" image is one we cultivate with a lot of hard work. Why else do we lug around all those flamingos and palm trees and stuff? We wear that title like a badge of honor ... 'cause for many of us, it is one!
I take major offence to that ...I AM NOT TRAILER TRASH...
I am riff raff !!!!!
mandolindave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 02:43 PM   #42
3 Rivet Member

2008 16' Bambi
New York , New York
Or has she found the used Bambi that started this?
ITsIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:41 PM   #43
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
Soulmate has to "understand" this info

I figure that I'd be looking for the "one" who likes this.
Take Me Back To The Fifties
Melody Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 10:38 PM   #44
3 Rivet Member

2008 16' Bambi
New York , New York
I thought this thread was removed?
Old 04-11-2009, 10:50 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
removed?

Why? Oh, never mind! I'd never understand.
Melody Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:12 AM   #46
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
It was removed but it did come back!!! Love the link!!!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:29 AM   #47
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
jupiter , Florida
yeah, I"m back

Love all that 50's stuff - unfortunately, I was born in '58, but still remember many of those things. Even sported a 1953 Buick Special in the early 80's.
Media DV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #48
4 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Almost Always Sunny Sarasota , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media DV8 View Post
Love all that 50's stuff - unfortunately, I was born in '58, but still remember many of those things. Even sported a 1953 Buick Special in the early 80's.
Hey I had a 55' Buick Super when I was a kid. It was my first car. What a tank. But it had an enormous back seat, aah yes the back seat.

Mine looked similar to this one. This one belongs to Jay Leno.

Old 04-14-2009, 07:44 AM   #49
3 Rivet Member

2008 16' Bambi
New York , New York
Welcome back media dv8
Old 05-04-2009, 09:30 PM   #50
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Airboss Send a message via MSN to Airboss Send a message via Yahoo to Airboss
Hello fellow single Airstreamers.. Where ya at??? Has this thread died a slow death???
Old 05-25-2009, 12:10 AM   #51
1 Rivet Member

2009 20' Flying Cloud
Charlotte, , Vermont
How's your search going? Still available? I live in Vermont. Pretty close to Canada. Little over an hour to Montreal. About to pick up my Airstream this Tuesday and hit the trails soon :-) Can hardly wait. House, dog (check) House with amazing lake and mountain views bordered by state park...
FlyingClouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:51 AM   #52
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Hey FC What FC ya getting?? Sounds like your going to have some good times ahead!! Any singles going to Madison???
Old 05-25-2009, 08:02 AM   #53
1 Rivet Member

2009 20' Flying Cloud
Charlotte, , Vermont
Picking up an '09 FC 20' tomorrow!!!! I am really looking forward to this in a BIG way. Used to be a tenting guy. Always fascinated by Airstreams way back as a kid. Would love to find a sweet woman who loved Airstream travel and adventure...
Old 05-25-2009, 08:05 AM   #54
1 Rivet Member

2009 20' Flying Cloud
Charlotte, , Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by Media DV8 View Post
Wow - this is lame, but times are tough.

After once again searching the internet for a used Bambi, unsuccessful as usual, it dawned on me that given the times, my age(an extremely youthful 50 thankyouverymuch), my tired as hell of looking, single- status, that maybe there are men (guys, dudes, hombres,) who are in the same position. So, I thought, wtf? Let's cast a line out there and watch the bobber.

Here's my deal: I currently live in the warm, south and my lifelong desire is to live up north (don't question me on this - I know what I want), as well as Canada, England or France. You MUST have seen and 'get' Michael Moores' "Sicko" to know what I'm talking about or proceed ANY farther. I'm over explaining myself.

I'm looking for a best friend. Similar interests are key. Besides Airstreams,
read my "hobbies" and if you can relate, move to the next step. Suffice to say I'm unusual. Huge movie fan and do 'movie speak' (ie: drop classic movie lines at the appropriate moment) like nobody. I'm a huge animal person - ridiculously so. I'm creative, witty, stubborn, romantic, neurotic,
compassionate, hip and devoted. I prefer to nest, do home improvements, garden, and enjoy my better half, but have a wild side and clean up REALLY well! My child is in college, so it's time for ME to leave the nest.
I'm looking for someone like-minded. I'm 5'9 and prefer tall men, with Teddy Bears scoring high. However, a believer in chemistry, it's not the end all, be all. I want "forever after" so it's not a solid. But, NO mullets or fake hair.

OK, here's my Dream scenario: My guy and I, living in a wicked- cool old house, with charm , character and a detached garage (maybe 2-car) with an amazing workshop. In the driveway are a couple cars, a harley or 2, and our Airstream trailer. We have all the latest electronic gadgets, amazing kitchen with a viking stove, great home theater, a hot tub or pool. We love going to live concerts and theatre, garage sales/flea markets, sushi, exercising, volunteering for animal issues, and being in love. We have at least 2 dogs, who we love have sharing our bed. We maybe talk about adopting or fostering a child.

Realizing that dreams are not always realized, a more humble-er version of the above concerning "luxuries" could also work. However, the 'wicked cool old house with the detached garage and airstream' is NOT negotiable. AND....either scenario HAS to occur somewhere NORTH of Florida, in Canada, France, England, or possibly another european country.

If I'm upsetting any of you, just know that I've tried all the silly dating sites and don't want to go down that road any more. The chances of finding a really cool guy that loves Airstream's is better here than there. I'm tired of gushing over my love of them to people that just stare at me like I have 2 heads.

I hope to hear from ya'll. Opinions on my methods, potential suitors or just cool people to chat with. I've gotta warn you, I don't get on line as much as I should. I have a 2 story house and my computer is upstairs and it is SUCH a friggin pain in the ass! If I could, I would have a ONE story house. Or build a dumb-waiter (what a GREAT idea!! I love those things)

Ciao!
Hey Media DV8,
Still single?
FlyingClouds
Old 05-25-2009, 08:08 AM   #55
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingClouds View Post
Picking up an '09 FC 20' tomorrow!!!! I am really looking forward to this in a BIG way. Used to be a tenting guy. Always fascinated by Airstreams way back as a kid. Would love to find a sweet woman who loved Airstream travel and adventure...
Better keep a close eye on that 20ft FC.. My daughter Laura (Airedale here on Forums) Has her heart set on one..LOL Ur gunna love it!!
Old 05-25-2009, 08:42 AM   #56
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
FC, Be sure to post lots of photos for us,, We love photos!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 08:45 AM   #57
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Would any singles be up for a SINGLES CHAT NIGHT here on Forums?? Im game.. Anyone else???
Old 05-25-2009, 10:49 AM   #58
1 Rivet Member

2009 20' Flying Cloud
Charlotte, , Vermont
It feels like the run up to Christmas morning, if you know what I mean. I will post a bunch of photos very soon. Can't wait. Your daughter likes the FC 20' too? I think it is an awesome floor plan. It seems to fit what I envisioned as my needs/wants. Spent enough time (I hope) at the dealer between the FC 20' & and the FC 23'. Something about the floor plan of the 23' just didn't make as much sense. The only thing I liked was the greater tank capacity of the 23'. I'll just have to work out my "system" as I go along. Is there a singles thread on the Forums? Seems like their ought to be one no? Anyway, thanks for pumping up the excitement factor. Man, just can't wait for tomorrow afternoon to get here!!!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 07:07 PM   #59
3 Rivet Member

1994 21' Sovereign
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceGirl View Post
As a few others have suggested, perhaps a singles column is in order here... for Airstream enthusiasts only though.

I have the house, the family, and the man. The sad part is that my man hates traveling so much that the thought of doing it in a "trailer" makes him cringe. Whenever I talk about having found an Airstream I might be interested in looking at further, he starts up with the "trailer trash" comments. It's not very nice.

My kids would love to hit the road with me. And I'd love to ditch this big house that never stays the right temperature. Home is a comfortable bed and love right?

I hope you find what you're looking for and I hope you see it when you do.
My wife wasn't thrilled about my desire to get an Airstream over the years, and was very quiet after being informed 3-1/2 years ago that I had sent a check for $12,000 to a dealer in New York State for a used Bambi that I had only seen in photos.

I figured that you only live once, and that the worst case would be that I would always have the Bambi to live in even if my wife left me over it.

The story has a happier ending though, my wife has learned to love the Bambi, perhaps even more then I do, and now, after we average about 2 months out of the year on the road. We are always thinking about or planning our next getaway.

But the drama continues, I haven't told her yet, but this morning I agreed to the purchase of yet another Airstream, a nice little 21' Sovereign.

Life is good.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:00 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1997 30' Limited
1972 23' Safari
1965 17' Caravel
Howell , Michigan
Singles thread is the one we are on here..LOL...yes she is crazy about the floorplan of the 20 also..I told her about tank space in the 23 but she likes the 20 better too..LOL.. Good luck tomorrow...oops today getting it!!!

Tags
singles