Old 02-14-2017, 12:38 PM   #15
CAB & DAB

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Fayetteville , Texas
Dave and Harpo,
I lost my wife Loyce one year ago, it was sudden so we did not get the chance to discus the future much. We had traveled extensively in our cherished 17 Casita for about 5 years and as much as I liked it there were just to many memories. Sold it to a friend in town here and bought a 23D FC. Have been on a few trips in it and like it a lot, looking forward to many more miles this year and to continue with the travel plans we had made together.
I will say to you that as time passes things get more tolerable and the great memories help get you through the rough days, I even catch myself smiling at them these days!
Wishing you all the best,
David

dbdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 05:26 PM   #16

2003 22' International
Genoa , Nevada
I too lost my wife tragically three years ago Christmas Eve at 57 after 29 years of marriage. We were skiing not far from home in CA and a snowboarder crashed into her and launched her face on into a huge tree. I was about 12 feet behind her and watched in horror.

We have a 22 international which i keep garaged. I have nothing but happy memories the two of us having fun in western states exploring.

I will restart exploring again this spring.

Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 07:38 PM   #17
PKI
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California
Condolences for your loss. A boat got the wife and I through the loss of her sister. These things are memory makers and you show good sense in connecting the dots. Good luck on your transition. Can only say it gets better with time and sharing with family and friends. Keep it rolling along. The great thing about an AS is that someone will love it, like you did and will again. Hope to see you down the road. We'll try to flash our lights at you. Pat
PKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 11:57 PM   #18

2017 16' Sport
Kingwood , Texas
Losing our spouses really SUCKS doesn’t it? Take care and enjoy what you can. No matter what anyone says, the grief never goes away. It just changes. Take care.

casluis is offline   Reply With Quote