Old 06-16-2011, 08:32 AM   #113
3 Rivet Member

Well, I'll bring this thread back to the top of the page, I am a fairly young (39 for another month), single Airstreamer, been full-timing since October of 2010. I was born in Asheboro, NC and had never lived anywhere outside the county I was born in, I'd never even spent more than one week at a time outside of it. A few months ago I sold most of my possessions, bought my former boss's 1988 345 motorhome (that he bought new and I had lusted after ever since) did a little overdue maintenance on her while parked in my parents driveway, made a couple of short trips to make sure everything was in good operating order then I took off planning to see America. I am divorced and I am traveling with my two dogs Kirby and Suzie. They are a lot of company but you don't get too lonely Airstreaming. Right now I am staying at Penn Wood Airstream Park after leaving Alumapalooza 2011 and plan to stay here a couple of months before heading further into the North East then pointing this big silver bullet West. I have nothing but time and no real schedule, if I find a place I like I stay for a while. If a place I wanted to stay a while isn't all I expected it to be I leave. It's a great life so far and I hope I can see at least all 48 contiguous states before returning to NC (If I ever return!?!) I had long dreamed of life on the road and finally realized the only thing stopping me since the divorce were all my possessions so I ditched them, all but my Harley which is my toad and I am living out my dream and loving every minute of it! I hope to see the singles network idea pick up, unless I am missing something it doesn't appear that much has materialized since the start of this thread. Are people still interested in the idea of a singles network on the AIR Forums or is there one and I'm just not seeing it? Well, that's my story, I hope some of you can relate and I'll see you on the road! Added a few pics, First one of my Airstream, the "ALUMABUS" outside the service center at The Airstream Factory in Jackson Center, Ohio, the second one of Kirby riding calmly in my lap on the way to Penn Wood and the third one of Suzie relaxing on the engine hump.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0652.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	272.0 KB
ID:	132579   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0708.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	132580  

Name:	DSCN0660.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	281.6 KB
ID:	132581  

Old 07-25-2011, 03:39 PM   #114

Currently Looking...
Richmond , Virginia
Single airstreamers unite! Love it!

Old 07-25-2011, 06:53 PM   #115
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Seattle , Washington
Send a message via MSN to JulianneJ
Single and streamin' threw Colorado this month!

2003 International CCD
JulianneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:22 PM   #116
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
airstream singles?

Greetings MEANlowGreen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEANlowGREEN View Post
I hope to see the singles network idea pick up, unless I am missing something it doesn't appear that much has materialized since the start of this thread. Are people still interested in the idea of a singles network on the AIR Forums or is there one and I'm just not seeing it?
There isn't a specific sub-forum for Airstreaming singles here on the Forums, but there are at least two orgnizations out there for single Airstreamers. Probably the oldest and at least until recently, the most active, the Wally Byam Caravan Club Free Wheelers -- most large rallys have special parking for the Free Wheelers, and the Free Wheelers have nightly social hours much like the Vintage Airstream Club. There is also a Yahoo Group for Airstreaming Singles. The Yahoo group for Airstreaming Singles has never really taken off, and posts are infrequent at best to the group.

I was a Free Wheeler until October of last year when I found my soulmate. . . I enjoyed my 16 years as a Free Wheeler, but a new life chapter has opened for me that I had never anticipated.

Enjoy your adventure!

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC/Free Wheelers #6359
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400 VORTEC/4.11 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:46 PM   #117
1 Rivet Member

1976 25' Caravanner
Port Hueneme , California
Wonder if there are any rallies in the western U.S. (California Arizona, Oregon or Nevada this fall or winter. If there are let me know.

Thanks, WBa1
Old 07-27-2011, 06:18 AM   #118
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Single at the Slabs

I'll put together a Singles rally at Slab City in January. The last one was a blast!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SurSlabC7sticker.png
Views:	139
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	136119  
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:37 AM   #119
4 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtStream View Post
I'll put together a Singles rally at Slab City in January. The last one was a blast!
Thanks Michael I'll try to make it this year!
Will you be in Q this winter? Stopped by to see Mike & Tracy in Silverton the other day as I was passing threw. They'll be back in Q for the winter.
~Julianne

2003 International CCD
Old 08-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #120

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Atlanta , Georgia
Any ideas?

I am a very curious person who loves to try many new things.

Have seen many RVs and Airstreams on the road and have always thought that I would like to been a passenger/helper on a trip to see what it is like.

I am 71, male, live in GA, retired and have been in over 65 countries. I'd be willing to pay more than my share of the on the road expenses.
Any idea of how to meet up with someone who is interested.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:53 PM   #121
HCR
3 Rivet Member

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Full time traveler
JPK 2000,
I suggest you look up "WIN" (wandering Individuals Network) as well as "LOW" (Loners on Wheels). Many women who travel alone might enjoy your company. good luck.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:18 PM   #122
1 Rivet Member

Lakewood , California
Thanks HCR for your suggestion. I am still looking for a navigator's position. Just to update my status: single, 62 year old female without an Airstream, living on the west coast. I am willing to share in expenses. I can bring a lot to trailering. Retired and free to travel.
Old 08-13-2011, 12:55 AM   #123
2 Rivet Member

2010 23' FB Flying Cloud
Fayetteville , Georgia
Single streaming in Alaska. Loving it!!!! My 23 FB is too small for two!!!
WBCCI #1122
Top of Georgia Unit #52
I dont want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it; I want to have lived the width of it as well.
---Diane Ackerman (Author, poet, essayist, naturalist)
benjisgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:53 AM   #124
4 Rivet Member

Seattle , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjisgal View Post
Single streaming in Alaska. Loving it!!!! My 23 FB is too small for two!!!
That's how I feel about my 22! It's my space and I like it!

I was just recently camped on some family's property in Colorado and if I hadn't had my escape pod to go to every night there would be two people decomposing in Montorse After leaving their house I had to find a campground on a river without cell, internet or tv just for some peace & quiet.

2003 International CCD
Old 08-13-2011, 02:00 PM   #125
jdb
jdb

2005 22' International CCD
Somewhere , Currently moving east to west
And that's exactly the way I feel about my 22 footer. I sense a theme here...;-)
Old 08-14-2011, 01:20 AM   #126
1 Rivet Member

Lakewood , California
Yes, 21-23 foot trailer can be cozy. But two can manage well if you are good traveling companions. I wouldn't try it in a Bambi. A smaller trailer is much easier to deal with all around. My offer still stands if anyone is interested.

Tags
singles