Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > Other Clubs
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-11-2021, 06:31 PM   #61
4 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
City , West Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans627 View Post
How are reservations made at Top of Georgia AS Park?

Try the office phone number:

https://topofgeorgia.airstreamclub.n...-and-contacts/
AnnaBelle33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 09:13 AM   #62
4 Rivet Member

2022 28' Flying Cloud
GAINESVILLE , GA
My wife and I are, hopefully, taking custody of an Airstream this coming February/March. Is it kosher to go up to the park and talk to current owners? My wife and I are vaccinated with booster and will wear a mask.
Thanks.
Spaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 11:18 AM   #63
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaggs View Post
My wife and I are, hopefully, taking custody of an Airstream this coming February/March. Is it kosher to go up to the park and talk to current owners? My wife and I are vaccinated with booster and will wear a mask.
Thanks.
Hi

Is it sitting up in the park right now? ( I have a suspicion I've seen it ... nice trailer).

The "park" is used for camping by anybody who owns an Airstream. It is used by members of the local club for trailer storage. The trailer I'm thinking of is owned by a member and stored at the park. They are not normal there to show you the trailer. Folks are welcome to stop by the park. It is (or a month ago was) open for business.

There are folks there all the time. The campground host checks people in and helps with important questions like "where are the keys to the laundry?" . If meeting the owners up there is problematic, you might be able to arrange something with the host.

Enjoy !!

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 06:05 AM   #64
4 Rivet Member

2022 28' Flying Cloud
GAINESVILLE , GA
Thanks for the info. I’ll call the number for the park, today.
We have not taken custody, yet, but when we do, we are planning on camping at Top of Georgia for our maiden voyage.
Old 10-11-2021, 08:15 AM   #65
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Thanks for the info. I’ll call the number for the park, today.
We have not taken custody, yet, but when we do, we are planning on camping at Top of Georgia for our maiden voyage.
Hi

My guess is that it will not be very crowded in February

What model / year trailer did you go for?

Bob
Old 10-12-2021, 08:10 AM   #66
4 Rivet Member

2022 28' Flying Cloud
GAINESVILLE , GA
It will be a 2022 28’ Flying Cloud Queen with Dual A/C units, Awning Package and the factory Solar Package. Almost bought the 27’, but we plan on running a couple of Honda generators that will be boxed behind our Excursion, so we figured we better lay our heads down at the other end of the noise. Eventually, we hope to do more boondocking then not.
You don’t happen to live in North Georgia, do you?
Old 10-13-2021, 07:15 AM   #67
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
It will be a 2022 28’ Flying Cloud Queen with Dual A/C units, Awning Package and the factory Solar Package. Almost bought the 27’, but we plan on running a couple of Honda generators that will be boxed behind our Excursion, so we figured we better lay our heads down at the other end of the noise. Eventually, we hope to do more boondocking then not.
You don’t happen to live in North Georgia, do you?
Hi

Ok, that's a different trailer.

We spend a few weeks at Top of Georgia in August / early September. There was a trailer for sale straight across the lot from us. I was wondering if you bought that one. We spent a lot of time drinking beer .... errr ... watching them get it ready for sale.

Once you get up into the 26 to 28 foot range, you have hit the "sweet spot" for a lot of folks. The trailer is big enough to be comfortable, but not quite as long / quite as heavy as the bigger ones. If they still made a 27' Classic, I suspect we would have bought it.

You will have fun with it !!!

(... and no, we're not in North Georgia, we're up in PA )

Bob