Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2014, 08:12 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

, Kentucky
The Single Newb Club...:)

Not sure this is the right Place but here goes...
I'm New to this AS life and hope to be an owner this Spring. I know I'm not the Only person New to this so I thought I would start a thread for other Newbs so we can possibly learn together! It would be Great to meet up once I have my New to me AS and travel and learn as we go, the old saying, "2 Brains are better than 1" applies here. I live in the Lexington, Ky area but plan on AS Full time starting next June. I'm single with no kids or pets just me, myself, and my TV with AS in tow.
"One Day Closer To My Dream!" :-)
Retired U.S. Navy
silbull02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:05 PM   #2
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Welcome. There is great depth and breadth hereabouts. I'd wager you'll find what you desire within your entreaty. To that end, good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 06:13 PM   #3
Sbb
begorragirl

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Denville , New Jersey
Welcome, what a great idea, in the beginning I felt my questions were so basic, I was afraid to post, and to this day I still can't get a photo on here in correct direction! Soon enough you will learn a wealth of knowledge from these great folks.

Full time...good for you, so exciting.
2001 Teardrop, Mountain Hardware Tent
For some perfection takes a little longer...
Sbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:56 PM   #4
Everyday is a GIFT !!

2015 30' Classic
Collins , Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Nelson428
Hey everyone, i too would like to travel with other newb's. Single here too.
AirForums # 66116
Nelson428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:48 AM   #5
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by silbull02 View Post
I know I'm not the Only person New to this so I thought I would start a thread for other Newbs so we can possibly learn together! It would be Great to meet up once I have my New to me AS and travel and learn as we go, the old saying, "2 Brains are better than 1" applies here.
If you start a "single newbie" club, what happens when the members aren't newbies anymore?

There is already a singles group here on the Forums. Check out "Solo Streamers." They're not all newbies, and not all of them are unmarried, either. Some have stay-at-home spouses who just aren't into Airstreaming. Regardless of background, they're a great bunch of folks.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:41 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

, Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson428 View Post
Hi Nelson, it's good to know I'm not the only Newb haha! I'm stoked about becoming an AS owner and look forward to the day I bring her home! I think it's an awesome idea and look forward to travelling with other Newbs and sharing that feeling of accomplishment when myself or another in our caravan learns something new and constructive that can be shared! As time goes on us older salts will be able to pass on our Newly found experiences with other Newbs and so on. I say we start to think of a name for our New club, post suggestions here and at some point we will vote and that will be are Official Title...
Retired U.S. Navy
Old 11-05-2014, 06:44 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

, Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbb View Post
Welcome, what a great idea, in the beginning I felt my questions were so basic, I was afraid to post, and to this day I still can't get a photo on here in correct direction! Soon enough you will learn a wealth of knowledge from these great folks.

Full time...good for you, so exciting.
Thanks Sbb, and Welcome to the latest Newb Club lol. We are in the process of naming it so give us your suggestions Please as you are an Official Plankowner!!!
Retired U.S. Navy
Old 11-05-2014, 07:30 AM   #8
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by silbull02 View Post
Thanks Sbb, and Welcome to the latest Newb Club lol. We are in the process of naming it so give us your suggestions Please as you are an Official Plankowner!!!
Since I'm not a newbie, I don't qualify, but how about the Bauxite Club as a name? Bauxite is what aluminum starts out as before it's refined, so it seems appropriate for people who are in the process of developing the Airstream disease known as aluminiutis.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:12 AM   #9
2 Rivet Member

, Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Since I'm not a newbie, I don't qualify, but how about the Bauxite Club as a name? Bauxite is what aluminum starts out as before it's refined, so it seems appropriate for people who are in the process of developing the Airstream disease known as aluminiutis.
Not Bad, Aluminum Ore lol. I also like "The Children of the Mothership:, "The PeeWee SR's:, :The Travelling Twinkie Squad:, to name just a few. The first is my Favorite so far, it has a nice ring to it. Having been stationed in Fallon, NV. years ago I'm somewhat partial to the other wordly cues! I have my fair share of stories I assure you. Anyway, keep the ideas coming and to reiterate, everyone who is single and New to ASing is Welcome here and would be Considered a genuine "Plankowner" to our Club!
Larry
Retired U.S. Navy
Old 11-05-2014, 08:48 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
According to the WBCCI, one MUST own an Airstream to be a member; so, Larry, until you have made your purchase the club should be put on hold. Yes, this is the Forum and not WBCCI.
Just a suggestion/ thought.
mike
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:11 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

, Kentucky
Thanks Mike for setting me straight! I guess my enthusiasm got the better of me! Kind of reminds me of the days in Navy when this young kid, yours truly, would suggest something beneficial and soon find myself being "Schooled" by the Old timers, who I guess, felt Stupid for not thinking of ideas like mine themselves, so this is nothing New. I apologize and promise to be good Boy from here on out.
Retired U.S. Navy
Old 11-05-2014, 11:01 AM   #12
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Larry; this was NOT mint to be a hand slap; just trying to get the horse in front of the cart.
This is a good idea, I/we just don't qualify.
mike
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 11:18 AM   #13
Glamper Girl

2008 23' International
Sunny San Diego , California
Red face Soar My Aluminum Friend Soar!!

Larry
Don't put your dreams on hold becuz you're not in the WBCCI!! That's nonsense!! The Forums aren't based on WBCCI membership. There are a lot of Airstream owners who use the forums to form their own membership, one based on friendship not clubs and dues.

So I say Soar! Think freely and think out loud to the group. Ask questions, use the forums to conduct your research and connect with others who are looking or have newly found their dream AS. Remember we all have one thing in common (or hope to have one some day) and that's the beauty of owning and caring for our Aluminum Home on Wheels. That's what brings us together, not the WBCCI.

Best of luck in your journeys!!
Old 11-05-2014, 12:33 PM   #14
2 Rivet Member

, Kentucky
It's all Good! I'm determined to make my Dream come True one day and as in Life absorb the Tiny bumps along the way! I just contacted Lauren at Colonial AS and had a wonderful Conversation! She is so Patient and outgoing and really made me feel like being New to this wonderful world isn't a bad thing, as well as getting Hot on my plan to trade in my Can Am Side by Side to make My Dream come True! I haven't been this excited about anything since the Birth of my Son 25 yrs ago! I'm thinking due to my service-connected disability, I should be looking at the Dinkey Twinkies as I affectionately like to call them and would be just as Proud to own one as I would with a larger model AS. I'm just concerned that 16' even for a disabled Newb might become cramped in a very short time. I do like the 19' and 20' AS with the 20 catching my eye at the moment. I do realize once I see them in Person everything will probably change lol. I want to thank this Forum and everybody for all the informative Posts and Pics sharing your adventures and experiences as they have already proved to be invaluable! I will keep you guys posted as my journey into Ownership continues.
Retired U.S. Navy
Old 11-06-2014, 08:52 AM   #15
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Barrie , Ontario
Welcome Larry. I too am single AS owner have had mine for about 12 years but just started going on longer trips the last 5 years ,,, the job got in the way lol.
I live near Toronto Ontario, Canada and this year I went to Whitehorse YK and Skagway AK about 7000 miles round trip. Just had my own 1 Tincan caravan.
I'm going to Louisiana in Jan for a couple of months.
Bev1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 04:57 PM   #16
Everyday is a GIFT !!

2015 30' Classic
Collins , Mississippi
Hey Bev, Remember me, we chatted at the Campground in Whitehorse the day you arrived, we were leaving the next day. I took your photo once you got parked. Where in Louisiana are you going to be in January? I work in New Orleans and Baton Rouge sometimes.
Here is your picture :-)[ATTACH]225904[/ATTACH

J. Nelson
TAC # MS-12
AirForums # 66116
🇺🇸
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1415318208.279963.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	939.7 KB
ID:	225904  
AirForums # 66116
Old 11-07-2014, 06:51 AM   #17
3 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Barrie , Ontario
Whitehorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelson428 View Post
Hi Nelson, Small world ,huh? I'm going to Thibodaux LA I'll be on a build there for Feb 1st, maybe see you on the road
Bev1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:34 AM   #18
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Hampton , Virginia
If you aren't single would the club be called Pairstreamers?
Getaways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:52 AM   #19
Everyday is a GIFT !!

2015 30' Classic
Collins , Mississippi
Bev,
Thibodaux is a nice pace to winter. Lots of good food there as well. I lived there while working on my MBA . If I get over that way I will let you know. You should drive up LA 308 and check out all the Old Plantations. Hope you have a safe trip down south and enjoy you time. It will be warmer than Ontario.

J. Nelson
TAC # MS-12
AirForums # 66116
🇺🇸
AirForums # 66116
Old 11-10-2014, 01:37 AM   #20
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' International
2014 30' Flying Cloud
Los alamos , New Mexico
Once you have your VIN number if awaiting a new build, you can use that to join up with WBCCI, of course forums are always there for everyone.
Luigi123 is offline   Reply With Quote