Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2011, 02:29 PM   #1
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
TAC Your Help is Sorely Needed

TACsters, We need some contributions for a news letter. Surely some of you have taken a trip and can tell us all about it. Maybe even include a few photos with it. Maybe you have an event you want to promote. Send in anything Jason can use. You can PM him, he is Winestream. Thank you all in advance.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:35 PM   #2
Certifiable

. , .
Frank; Jason:

My wife and 11-year-old boy should be home sometime this weekend. They've been traveling around the country since just before the Birthday Bash. (They're presently somewhere near Cleveland.) Donal has been writing a blog and taking some pretty decent pictures of his adventures along the way. I'm sure he'd be thrilled if you were to consider any of his stuff newsletter worthy.

Slįinte,
Don
Old 08-20-2011, 03:53 AM   #3
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Tell em to write an article. We need submissions and they can be about anything. Share your summer experience with your fellow TACsters.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:01 PM   #4
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Frank & Jason,
you are welcome to grab any pictures off our blog for use in the newsletter.

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:31 AM   #5
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I just put my money where my mouth is and sent in a contribution. Hope we can get some of you to contribute also!!!
Old 08-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #6
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
I just put my money where my mouth is and sent in a contribution. Hope we can get some of you to contribute also!!!
did you do a bash II article?

TAC OK-42

]
Old 08-21-2011, 11:16 AM   #7
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
No, hoping someone who was not a host might....
Old 08-22-2011, 03:05 AM   #8
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I was contacted and the Bash review is covered. The feller writing has a very interesting point of view since it was he and his wife's first rally. They came in a Scotty and left in an Airstream. That should be an interesting article!!!!

Perhaps you stayed in a campground that was the best ever this summer, how about writing a review for your fellow TAcers?

Perhaps you stayed in a campground that left such a bad stain in your head, you still cannot wash it out. Tell us about it.

Maybe you were sitting there minding your own business and you saw the perfect photo opportunity. Share the snap shot.

By chance, thinking of having a rally later this year and you want to get the word out, well yes, we would all like to know.

Please, pretend you are a writer and write something for the news letter. The TAC is 1000% volunteer and without YOUR (picture me in red white and blue top hat pointing at you through the screen) support we will not be a success.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:18 PM   #9
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
COMMON PEOPLE!!! Send in some contributions to our news letter. We need you. Part of keeping this free is volunteering something. This is a great way to do it.
Here are some ideas of topics;
---We stayed at the GREATEST campground. It was _________, and what made it so great was ________ .
---We stayed at the WORST campground. It was _________, and what made it so great was ________ .
--- We just found this ________ at _______ store. It has made out trailer experience so much better because ____________.
--- We just found this ________ at _______ store. It has made out trailer experience so much worst because ____________.
--- I was thinking about hosting a gathering __/ __/ 201_ . Anyone have any interest. You can contact me at ______ . net/ com/ info./ whatever.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #10
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
I think Jason might already have an article from me (upholstery). Where is Jason?

TAC OK-42

]
Old 08-30-2011, 03:18 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Denver , Colorado
I have PM'd Jason, I'll try to write something. And Frank, you have some good stuff on your own blog you could use ...
Old 08-30-2011, 04:20 PM   #12
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Not speaking for him, but Jason is on a working trip involving sombrero wearing and the drinking of distilled agave nectar. I am sure he will say, "send em in and we will deal with them."
I know he is working, and we need to compile some material. We need as much as you are willing to give. If too much comes, we have base for next month.

An other suggestion; just send your favorite photo. One of you with your Airstream would rock.

On a parting note, if we all give just a little to the cause, we all benefit. Keep it free by giving just a little on what ever you feel comfortable with.

and, PLEASE, go streaming and enjoy yourselves!
Old 08-30-2011, 09:56 PM   #13
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Yeah, sorry I've been aloof lately. I only get internet in my hotel, granted it's screamin' fast, but since I'm in central Mexico I don't have my smartphone on because I don't want to pay the ultra-exorbitant price of something like $0.99 per MB of data transfer. I've been busy learning how to say, "another beer please" and "where's the bathroom" in Spanish. Cerveza por favor and Donde el bano are now phrases engrained in my mind. I've had tacos that you will never get at taco bell, as a matter of fact, I think I'm never going to eat at taco bell again...not that I eat there much anyway. With work, I've been busy as all heck, so not much time for posting. I just got back to my hotel now tonight. I'm missing my family. I'm looking forward very much to flying home on Thursday, pulling out the Airstream on Friday, and going camping for the weekend down at the Wilds and visiting the Big Muskie Bucket in southeastern Ohio this Labor Day weekend. We're boondocking, and it's free. In the area / have no plans, stop in. I have a thread / calendar entry for it.

So yes, I'm alive, but somewhat disconnected. I still have Nicki's upholstery article. I still have some articles I'd like to do from myself, but I'd like to see others jumping in, too. I can't promise that I will get the newsletter out by mid Sept., but hopefully the end of Sept. I only have two weeks at home before heading to Germany for two weeks of work, then home just in time for the Fall Colors rally at PennWood. The moho is going to that one an as of right now, but the moho is still minus one window (removed for refurb.) So I've got to take some time to finish that.

Happy Airstreaming all. Look for a newsletter within the month of Sept.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:01 AM   #14
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
No need to promise a date. The point of this thread is to gather material for future newsletters, not force a newsletter out.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:10 AM   #15
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
Yeah, sorry I've been aloof lately. I only get internet in my hotel, granted it's screamin' fast, but since I'm in central Mexico I don't have my smartphone on because I don't want to pay the ultra-exorbitant price of something like $0.99 per MB of data transfer. I've been busy learning how to say, "another beer please" and "where's the bathroom" in Spanish. Cerveza por favor and Donde el bano are now phrases engrained in my mind. I've had tacos that you will never get at taco bell, as a matter of fact, I think I'm never going to eat at taco bell again...not that I eat there much anyway. With work, I've been busy as all heck, so not much time for posting. I just got back to my hotel now tonight. I'm missing my family. I'm looking forward very much to flying home on Thursday, pulling out the Airstream on Friday, and going camping for the weekend down at the Wilds and visiting the Big Muskie Bucket in southeastern Ohio this Labor Day weekend. We're boondocking, and it's free. In the area / have no plans, stop in. I have a thread / calendar entry for it.

So yes, I'm alive, but somewhat disconnected. I still have Nicki's upholstery article. I still have some articles I'd like to do from myself, but I'd like to see others jumping in, too. I can't promise that I will get the newsletter out by mid Sept., but hopefully the end of Sept. I only have two weeks at home before heading to Germany for two weeks of work, then home just in time for the Fall Colors rally at PennWood. The moho is going to that one an as of right now, but the moho is still minus one window (removed for refurb.) So I've got to take some time to finish that.

Happy Airstreaming all. Look for a newsletter within the month of Sept.
Ouch... you need some rest and relaxation!

TAC OK-42

]
Old 09-02-2011, 12:29 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Doing well so far...

I've gotten 2 submissions from people who have never contributed before...thanks!

I've also got 3 from some veteran contributors. It looks like when I get around to writing this up that there will be some good stuff. Not to thwart off any additional material, though. It will be at least toward the end of Sept. before I put this all together. Keep additional stuff coming.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:00 PM   #17
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Doing well so far...

I've gotten 2 submissions from people who have never contributed before...thanks!

I've also got 3 from some veteran contributors. It looks like when I get around to writing this up that there will be some good stuff. Not to thwart off any additional material, though. It will be at least toward the end of Sept. before I put this all together. Keep additional stuff coming.
Take your time Jason, It will be worth the wait...

Folks, common and send us in some more stuff. PHOTOS PHOTOS PHOTOS....
Old 09-02-2011, 03:02 PM   #18
Addicted

1971 27' Overlander
Currently In: Skowhegan , ME
Jason, we still have tons of photos and stuff, and I think you still have an article from Nicki that you've haven't used as of yet.

Visit our crazy full-timing blog (us,kids and dogs living the dream): https://www.airstreamingdreaming.com/

Join us at the TAC Walt Disney World Rally, November 4th - 10th, 2012: https://www.theairstreamersclub.org/rallies/tac-fw-wdw
exthemius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:21 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by exthemius
Jason, we still have tons of photos and stuff, and I think you still have an article from Nicki that you've haven't used as of yet.
Yup. I got your pic they you sent. I still have Nicki's article from some time ago. I know a blog or two that I can harvest from, too :-)
Old 09-02-2011, 09:36 PM   #20
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
Yup. I got your pic they you sent. I still have Nicki's article from some time ago. I know a blog or two that I can harvest from, too :-)
Harvest away. 3 months worth... gracious.. 3 months on the road... a bit unbelievable.

TAC OK-42

]