Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2005 19' International CCD
Niantic , Connecticut
TAC Rally in Canada -- August, this year?

I saw in an earlier TAC newsletter that there was to be a rally at Amazing Rocky Park Campground in Ontario this August 7-9. Is this still happening?
I'm in the area at that time and would love to come on up.

Old 06-02-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
x

XXXX , XXXX
Hi that was last year but I would love to have another one again this year.
I'll get in contact with the previous organizers and see what we can whip up. I suggested Wednesday August 8th or Thursday August 9th until Sunday August 12th for this year. I own the campground so I am not really supposed to organize rallies that I would financially benefit from although that didn't happen with last years rally I still enjoyed it immenselyand would do it again in a heartbeat. I can't attend any rallies elsewhere because I am always here all season so it is fantastic if the rally can come to me.
Here is the link to last years rally.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f290...0th-78829.html

I would love to see lots of shiny aluminum trailers grace my premises again this year.
I'll keep you posted here on the outcome.

Old 06-03-2012, 09:47 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Niantic , Connecticut
Awesome! I would be thrilled to head up and check out beautiful Ontario. There is the Antique Boat Show in Clayton, NY the week before and I assume there might be a few of us looking to rally the week later.

I am new to the airstream community, so I have no contacts or friends I could drag with me. Otherwise, I'd love to help. Count me in if you are able to buzz up some interest.
David
Old 06-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #4
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
Is this your site??? If not please clarify.

http://goo.gl/maps/8BFq

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasagachris View Post
I own the campground so I am not really supposed to organize rallies that I would financially benefit from although that didn't happen with last years rally I still enjoyed it immenselyand would do it again in a heartbeat. .
Old 06-03-2012, 12:01 PM   #5
x

XXXX , XXXX
David (DBdotdot) I heard from last years organizers and one is not able to attend this year and the other is not sure as he has a busy summer planned already.
So since the TAC doesn't really have any rules or bylaws yet I'm going to go ahead and call it a rally. I will use the date I suggested (Wednesday August 8th to Sunday August 12th 2012). Wed will be arrival and set up day, I will be supplying pizza and soda for all. I hope a few others will help with a few activities, we can have a pot luck supper on one of the nights, an open house for the trailers one afternoon, and I can put on a few renovation seminars as well as show off the collection of vintage units I have here awaiting restoration. For anyone who is into vintage cars I am also amassing a collection of TV's as well.
I will put together a calendar of activities for the rally tonight and start a thread here on Air Forums for all to read.

Dave ( Masseyfarm) yes that is my place. You got to love google maps, you can see all the trailers set up and also all the undeveloped land I have plus the river that abuts the property.
Old 06-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
I'm glad to see you stepping out and organizing a rally at your park, Chris. I wish more campground owners would do the same so that us mere owners would know where the rally-friendly campgrounds were. I don't see how there can be an negative effects for organizing a rally yourself at your park. You're a TAC member that just happens to have a campground. I'm more than happy to give you my money for such a privilege of staying at your park.

I'm one of the organizers of last year's rally that Chris contacted. I received the PM before I saw this thread. I, unfortunately, cannot make it this year. I am still a working stiff, so my vacation time is limited. I've got roughly 3 weeks to work with. One week is already burned, and the other two are already reserved for a TAC rally later this year that has been almost 2 years in the planning (Disney in Florida). I am proud to say, however, that all of my vacation time this year has been taken to attend a TAC rally.

I wish I could have such a trip / rally as we did last year in Canada. It's truly a great place. Tim Horton's on every corner, wide open spaces. The only down side is the gas prices (worse than the USA!) I wish we could come this year to see Chris's collection of Airstreams and tow vehicles. I've seen only two of the trailers in person.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:39 PM   #7
x

XXXX , XXXX
Jason I'm truely sorry you can't make it this year.
When we finally meet up again at the TAC rally in WDW you still won't get to see any of my A/S or vintage TV's. I'll be camping in my temporary SOB and pulling it with my little truck (F450).
Gas prices are a bit higher than in the US, currently about $4.90 a gallon.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #8
1 Rivet Member

Niantic , Connecticut
Chris--
Fabulous!!! I'll be there. I'll call up later this week and set up a reservation... Thanks for putting this together. As a newbie and new TAC member, this sounds like just the right rally speed for me. Looking forward to buck riveting something, even if it's my finger... BTW: August 8th is my birthday. New year, new friends...
Old 06-06-2012, 10:12 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Denver , Colorado
Wasagachris: I stumble onto your comments at times (if I am hijacking, sorry!) - and see your "I are Smart" avatar, and just this morning realized it's an anagram ... and a good one!

We see so many cool rally's on the forums, perhaps one day we'll make it to Canada, but not this year ... hope you get a lot of people to attend, sounds like fun! Wendy
Old 06-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #10
x

XXXX , XXXX
Here is a link to the rally thread.
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f290...lly-92088.html
Old 06-06-2012, 12:33 PM   #11
ALUMINUM OBSSESSION

1993 34' Limited
Hamilton , Ontario
I wish I had known earlier(next time)!!
Old 07-20-2012, 04:00 AM   #12
x

XXXX , XXXX
Rally cancelled

This rally is cancelled due to extreme lack of interest and prejudice.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:42 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Hey Chris,
I didn't respond to this thread because the dates don't work for me. I'll be in Tobermory diving on those dates.
But Jean and I do plan to come check out your campground before the season is over, so there will be some aluminum for you to see.
Al

TAC ON-3
Closed Thread