Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > Other Clubs
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-18-2010, 05:12 AM   #141
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Input is great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
I am sure what I have said above will spark some of you. Discussion is a good thing. Rob and I both desire transparency and openness as normal operating procedure for the TAC. It was kind of part of our "mission statement" in starting this. Unlike other clubs the members input is VERY important. Before Mr Byam had a club named for him, he was the leader of a number of caravans. These were not motor tours around the sights like are offered today, these were epic adventures where few roads existed and travel trailers rarely went. He operated the caravan as a democracy. In an interview he was asked how the caravan was structured. The response was inspirational... "well, we take a vote. The minority always follows the majority votes. That's just how we do it"
I hope we as a club will continue to discuss issues. I hope we can also find out what the majority and minority want. That is why Dave started this thread, to find out what the members want.
Exactly Frank - nice! And it was I that told Dave when we were collaborating on the TAC MAG when the question of "Mission Statement" came up to "start a thread and let's see what TACers think about it"

as well as the other two threads he started - all out in the open, up front and so that EVERYONE can see what's going on - if they so choose too!

Heck, even back in Feb, on Feb 3rd and 4th to be exact, while collaborating with someone at Airstream itself, I was asked for:

• Membership requirements
  • Club philosophy
  • Dues
  • Activities
  • Anything else?
Marines are Mission Orders based... they always have a mission when they set out to do things... and as Frank alluded to above, most companies are too - they see it as a way to tell others what they are about.

Whether we call it a club philosophy or a mission statement, it's simply just a way to state clearly for "WHAT TAC IS ALL ABOUT" - simple.... a short, concise statement, that we've had all along as it's on the club page that Janet put up on AIR for us when TAC was launched. All we are asking, or were interested in was getting members input on the question: Do we need to change or update the current published mission statement that I posted earlier from our TAC club page or let it be for now?

So far we see a few positions emerging from our TAC members... and it's been enlightening. These are just observations, exactly what I was hoping to see.

We learned that a minority of TACers are anti-organization of any kind.

The next big segment was TACers who were "we like what we have now, it's good... Yeah, we know it might need to do something in the future, but for now we're fine"

That was about half of people or maybe a bit more (no number counted but just an observation cause I know 2Air will probably do a count and try to prove me wrong...)

Then there were a group of TACers who were "we should organize it a bit, but we're ok if that doesn't happen right away"

So, for now, we'll let it be the way it is... we've learned alot from you all from your contributions here.

We also learned just how very interesting things bubble from a nice bubbly simmer to a boil on the internet VERY quickly.

So, for now - we'll leave it be but know that we'll be fine tuning things in the future - it's always good to be ITERATIVE and focused on refining things.

Thanks to everyone for their inputs and continued TAC support!! It'll only get better!!

Rob
TAC NY-1
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #142
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Las Vegas , Nevada
Well said Rob; and thank you once again!
Old 09-18-2010, 06:42 PM   #143
4 Rivet Member

1955 22' Flying Cloud
Centrally Located , Wish you were here!
All we are saying, is give Camping (peace) a chance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe View Post

We learned that a minority of TACers are anti-organization of any kind.

The next big segment was TACers who were "we like what we have now, it's good... Yeah, we know it might need to do something in the future, but for now we're fine"...
Rob
TAC NY-1
We just want to go camping together. No need to rally. Just camping.