Old 09-01-2010, 08:42 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
My only post to address 2Air's concerns / issues

2Air, too many times on here, you've told us to move on.. we did that. Now, you're constantly being antagonistic towards the TAC - why? As I see it, there are at least 15 other clubs using AIR - do you attack them too? phony??? so there are 350 of us phonies that all see something you don't - follow your own advice given to me in the past and move on, or use the ignore button... unless you want to be member 352 (got another request while typing this...) Just let me know. We'll even let you wear your RASTA beret.... I've got that photo somewhere..if I can find it, I'll post it!!

Rob
TAC NY-1

http://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - http://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #16
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Are all these people phonies also?
Click image for larger version

Name:	AIR Clubs.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	109942

Or is it just those that hide in the shadows phonies? This thread was started as a discussion for how to proceed with our club, a club you are welcome to participate in any time you wish. I will still bake you pie anytime you choose to show up. The last attempted did not go so well did it ... Chocolate cream was it?

Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2005 30' Safari
Jeromesville , Ohio
Before this thread gets too far off topic...

I'll try to bring it back to it's purpose which is to get thoughts out there about what we, the members, want as a mission statement. I will qualify here that Andrea's opinion is slightly different (okay a lot different) than mine. So, what I write below is not necessarily the opinion of both people who comprise the username of "WineStream"

I'd like to quote what one of our founders wrote for the recently published TAC September newsletter: "people that just want to participate in a club where all the politics is set aside – to belong to a group that wants to just have fun with their Airstream! TAC’s motto is to follow the KISS principle"..."Plan it and they will come."

I don't want it to be any more complicated than that. Those that want to do something do it. Those that don't, don't. If there comes a time that no one wants to organize a rally, or cook breakfast, or get up at 5am to start the coffee, or 4am to peel potatoes for breakfast hashbrowns...then those things won't happen. Either someone will step up and say, "I'm taking on this task" or everything will stop. And if it stops, then it is because no one wanted to work hard enough to make it continue. No one will have the finger pointed at them as the cause of the decline or failure; which is what happens when there's a designated leader / pres./ officer.

It's kind of an anarchist point of view, but right now it works. You pay to play, you get what you give. I think that if we designate positions and tasks then the typical bureaucratic red tape and bogged-downness will begin. Leave everything how it is right now. We're gaining momentum, members, and rallies. Throwing in anything political already gives me a sinking feeling in my stomach. I don't want to go to rallies and wonder who's running for position and who's doing the right/wrong thing. I just want to camp with other like-minded people and so far, TAC people are those people.

-Jason
Old 09-01-2010, 09:17 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Hear, HEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by WineStream View Post
Before this thread gets too far off topic...

I'll try to bring it back to it's purpose which is to get thoughts out there about what we, the members, want as a mission statement. I will qualify here that Andrea's opinion is slightly different (okay a lot different) than mine. So, what I write below is not necessarily the opinion of both people who comprise the username of "WineStream"

I'd like to quote what one of our founders wrote for the recently published TAC September newsletter: "people that just want to participate in a club where all the politics is set aside – to belong to a group that wants to just have fun with their Airstream! TAC’s motto is to follow the KISS principle"..."Plan it and they will come."

I don't want it to be any more complicated than that. Those that want to do something do it. Those that don't, don't. If there comes a time that no one wants to organize a rally, or cook breakfast, or get up at 5am to start the coffee, or 4am to peel potatoes for breakfast hashbrowns...then those things won't happen. Either someone will step up and say, "I'm taking on this task" or everything will stop. And if it stops, then it is because no one wanted to work hard enough to make it continue. No one will have the finger pointed at them as the cause of the decline or failure; which is what happens when there's a designated leader / pres./ officer.

It's kind of an anarchist point of view, but right now it works. You pay to play, you get what you give. I think that if we designate positions and tasks then the typical bureaucratic red tape and bogged-downness will begin. Leave everything how it is right now. We're gaining momentum, members, and rallies. Throwing in anything political already gives me a sinking feeling in my stomach. I don't want to go to rallies and wonder who's running for position and who's doing the right/wrong thing. I just want to camp with other like-minded people and so far, TAC people are those people.

-Jason
Jason,

Great post!! Love it!! I could KISS you!... whoops.. did I say that!! LOL

Rob
http://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - http://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:23 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe View Post
2Air, too many times on here, you've told us to move on.. we did that. Now, you're constantly being antagonistic towards the TAC - why? As I see it, there are at least 15 other clubs using AIR - do you attack them too? phony??? so there are 350 of us phonies that all see something you don't - follow your own advice given to me in the past and move on, or use the ignore button... unless you want to be member 352 (got another request while typing this...) Just let me know. We'll even let you wear your RASTA beret.... I've got that photo somewhere..if I can find it, I'll post it!!

Rob
TAC NY-1
Rob, the ignore button works for individuals also. I havn't had to read any of his useless, negative advise for a long time now.
98 Safari
1950 Spartan
1966 Globetrotter
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:16 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
2air's posts are sometimes humorous, but frequently he appears (to me) to enjoy taking the contrary position, if only to stir the pot? Gathering attention? 2air - Like Mom always said (TO ME) "If you don't have anything nice (helpful) to say, keep your yap shut".

TAC's founders, contributors & members are working hard to provide a meaningful alternative that I fully support. Why not try to be openly constructive. Or, just find another thread where your razor sharp wit might be more appropriate?

I have NO problem with constructive suggestions. Sadly that's not what I see from you very often.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:40 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Tyler , Texas
I don't think anything said so far should discourage us from having a mission statement for TAC. A mission statement states our club's purpose for existence in concise language. There is nothing wrong with the rest of the world knowing what we are all about without having to read through 3,489 pages of posts (although I've REALLY enjoyed doing it ).

Why don't we start throwing out words and phrases that describe OUR club.

diverse individuals
fun and fellowship
exploring the world
passionate
a culture of simplicity

Everyone add your favorites.

Stephen and Heather

Completely irrelevant statement: a penny minted before 1983 is worth about 2 cents in copper. One minted after that is worth about a half of a cent.

Please visit any time!
stephenh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:42 PM   #22
_

. , .
and my only reply 2 u...

Quote:
...you've told us to move on.. we did that...
actually the suggestion was for YOU 2 move on, i have no idea who the "we" is...

and moving on was used as a metaphor for getting PAST the wb',

and any real or imaginary WRONG that was inflicted on YOU by them...

a LOT of folks felt badly for ya which created a ONE TIME opportunity.

so only u can decide IF moving on has happened...

but having an EVENT named for the other clubs guy

and having numbers and having some of the other comparablez to the REAL club...

is such a waste of the opportunity to do something HONESTLY different.

the record is pretty clear that for whatever reason you TOOK your ball and went home...

but why try REcreating the same game now ?

moving on COULD MEAN to something genuinely different and unique,

that is NOT based on the embers of anger and hurt from/toward the wb' ...

Quote:
...Now, you're constantly being antagonistic towards the TAC - why?
the REAL record is that i seldom (almost NEVER) post anything regarding your personal club...

find the LAST post b4 today that supports ANY claim of "constantly being antagonistic "...

go ahead PROVE your claims, i'll wait.

when multiple threads popped up today on mission statements and divisions and chapters and so on...

the opportunity to REMIND YOU of the 'be different' was the objective that prompted posting...

Quote:
... As I see it, there are at least 15 other clubs using AIR - do you attack them too?...
looks to me like there are SEVERAL UNITS of the wb in those 15...

which is ALL part of 1 club, the club you don't wanna be like, right ?

and the record suggests i've spent PLENTY of posts related TO the wb'...

attacking or supporting, depending on perspective of the readers.

again check the record.

all the tangential references to me NOT being in your club (therefore not welcome to post)

are no different than what the wb' often implies...

it THAT who you really wanna seem 2b like ?

Quote:
phony???
REread the post, my notion is 'phony FORUM club...

not long ago when MANY here were asking for and promoting the idea of a cyber unit or a cyber CLUB...

that conducted any minimal/basic biz stuff online, but rallied together ....

you RIDICULED the idea and the people suggesting it...

repeatedly ridiculed that notion, while serving as a wb' elected one...

can you find/remember THOSE threads or shall i link them?

yes you repeatedly made fun of, ridiculed and otherwise attacked those notions and those people ...

and now u wanna discuss and conduct biz online HERE and in an OPEN FORUM...

sorry hypocritical might have a better term for this behavior,

but PHONY was the term and it might be clearer why soon...

Quote:
...so there are 350 of us phonies that all see something you don't...
there is NO reference in my post to the people wanting some/ANY affiliation.

i get WANTing an affiliation and the value that desire can create.

but trying to USE those folks to intentionally harm/attack or otherwise do negative bidding is sad.

and it's not something one would expect IF 'moving on' has really happened.

Quote:
...unless you want to be member 352 (got another request while typing this...) Just let me know...
this of course is the really UGLY sad part...

posting public invites while privately messages of HATE are sent ...

without getting DEEPER into that, it will continue to just play out ...

Quote:
...too many times on here...
my recollection is that TOO MANY TIMES on here, when you were PART of the wb'...

any objection or suggestion for revolutionary change IN the wb' was heckled, attacked and rejected.

now that same thinking seems to be walking in a new set of slippers.

EMBRACE the idea of phony...

EXPAND the notion of phony...

USE the freedom phony brings...

to actually work toward something different.

OPEN up your thinking to what phony really COULD mean...

phony is good, or COULD be good...

in the way a motley fool is good.

trying to BE the wb' is NOT phoolish...

it's a mistake.

pretending 350 means something when it doesn't...

is 350 comforting? would 500 or 1500 be MORE comforting?

in fact WHY even count members, or even refer to them as members...

the folks who jumped IN mostly didn't do so...

to REcreate the wb or STICK IT in the collective wb' face...

they signed up 4 the idea and HOPE of something NOT like the other stuff...

maybe even phony.

so really move on,

but withOUT baggage from a real club...

if you can.

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:07 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Hyde Park Place , Ohio
I think one of the very positive characteristics of TAC is that it has a very high percentage of members who are active and who attend rallies. Being a club of enthusiasm and positive vibes, we get to go and do things and have fun.

I love the idea that we could organize MANY birthday bashes on the same weekend around the country. There are enough Texas members to make that happen, and draw in folks from NM, CO, OK, KS, LA, AR and MS. That's a big area, but nobody would need to travel more than 12 or 16 hours if it's located centrally. We the members can make all sorts of things happen if we keep being motivated like we are.

Obviously, there will be people who just want to suck the fun out of it for us. All they succeed in doing is sucking the fun out of it for themselves. We all create the worlds we live in.

Getting back to the mission statement, I think it IS important because it defines us not just in what we're trying to do, but in those things we don't want to do. In the same way that businesses do best when they stick to their core business, clubs to best when they stick to their core focus and mission. Sometimes it's as important to define the boundaries of that mission as it is to define the center of it.

I think the following should be in there somewhere

"having the most fun with the least overhead"
"sharing know-how to organize and run successful rallies and caravans"
"creating a directory of people willing to host/help/tow/fix"
"putting out a magazine that shares our experiences"
"never being told what to do or not to do"

Anyone else?
Old 09-02-2010, 05:56 AM   #24
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Uhm, Airforums hands out numbers... yours is 6867 2Air. No other info is given about you. You are a man hiding in the shadows... come out into the light. People just might enjoy your company.

Back to mission statement...
"The Airstreamer's Club is founded on the principle of having fun with our Airstream trailers. The Airstream's Club is also founded to provide fellowship to it's owners. The Airstreamer's Club is operated as a owners club by it's members for it's members, and all members are equals. No hierarchy exists, just a desire to participate on a comfortable level of each individual member."
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:38 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
mission statements remind me of work!
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:21 AM   #26
4 Rivet Member

1979 Argosy 27
1969 21' Globetrotter
1953 25' Cruiser
Front Royal , Virginia
Dave,

I would like to say thank you for your contributions. It is tough to stay on track and stay motivated when so many negative comments are thrown your way for simply presenting a question/idea.

I am a very structure minded individual and often have difficulties excepting the laid back structure. However, many seem to like it this way.

My vote (if I get one) would be in favor of a Mission Statement simply to identify a goal even if the only statement is "camp, friends and fun."

Thanks again for your enthusiasm
nick6930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:29 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
I'm dead serious about having fun.

And nothing else.

That's my Mission Statement.
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:15 AM   #28
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Back to mission statement...
"The Airstreamer's Club is founded on the principle of having fun with our Airstream trailers. The Airstream's Club is also founded to provide fellowship to it's owners. The Airstreamer's Club is operated as a owners club by it's members for it's members, and all members are equals. No hierarchy exists, just a desire to participate on a comfortable level of each individual member."
I like that one!

My personal mission statement... at least for today is the quote from Shawshank Redemption. "Get busy livin.. or get busy dying." I am ready to "Get busy livin" by traveling in Minerva!

However, it can and will change often.. depending on the mood...

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
http://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote