Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > Other Clubs
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-13-2010, 07:40 AM   #21
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
...Eubank... you look at it as spiteful because you have so much invested in you own personal basket of eggs.
I was expecting to be flamed at some level, and I guess I should keep my own mouth shut. But I really don't understand this.
Lynn
Old 03-13-2010, 09:09 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
You really don't understand what EUBANK? That there are people out here who own Airstreams that dont want to be associated with the club with Mr Byrms name on it.You don't understand how someone would have the audacity to get up off their butt and form a club that meets our needs. .Where everyone pays their fair share. Please inform us of what you don't understand.
We are DEAD SET on HAVING FUN without POMP and CIRCUMSTANCE and 3rd vice presidents from 20 yrs ago that think they are still owed something.
FLAME OUT.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:39 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1956 26' Cruiser/Overlander
1967 17' Caravel
Newport , New Hampshire
WOW EBANK you really don't get it. My association and desire to see TAC work is not spite. I did my time in WBCCI 10years. I contributed to the club, I served as President, and in many more capacities you will never know of. I never even got a thank you. I got discontent, criticism and yelled at.

Who needs it? But believe me no spite for me. I just want to have a good time with people who want something simple like camping and fun, without jackets, ceremonies, rules, and drama.

If you want the other well it’s all there for you or anyone else who wants it. But some of us just don’t. BTW I'm still in the club and still contribute, rallies, etc. but I find myself attending more non-WBCCI camping and liking it much more. So if someone is out there and willing to create another camping opportunity for me I'm all for it! Robin

"Reality Is The Leading Cause Of Stress"
"There are only five great men in the world and three of them are hamburgers."
rgesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:44 AM   #24
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post
I was expecting to be flamed at some level, and I guess I should keep my own mouth shut. But I really don't understand this.
Lynn
Quote:
For me, TAC was formed in the spirit of spite, but in the lust for camping. Its future will surely belong to the latter sentiment, not to the former, yet the current "membership drive" depends much too strongly on spite rather than lust.

But I certainly agree with the OP and fail to see the individual benefit of TAC over Airforums. In a sense, though, TAC is very parasitic on Airforums: Without the latter, the former probably wouldn't exist, nor will it continue to exist for long without. (There's no criticism here; a couple of other groupings also strongly depend on Airforums for their activity, I think.)

Lynn
The Airstreamer's Club is nothing close to parasitic. Now more events are offered to even more Airstreamer's. Last time I checked this was a social networking tool not place to take members away.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:50 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgesch View Post

Who needs it? But believe me no spite for me. I just want to have a good time with people who want something simple like camping and fun, without jackets, ceremonies, rules, and drama.
What Robin said...... It's all about the FUN!!

Rob
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

Central Florida , Florida
Quote:
But I certainly agree with the OP and fail to see the individual benefit of TAC over Airforums.

Lynn

I started this thread NOT to say that there is no difference. Everyone, please read the original post carefully. I did not start it with any negativity in mind. Questions are being raised to myself as well as on these forums as to how TAC is different. I started the thread to provide an opportunity for members of the club to show how it is different. I believe that it is different.

TAC is just starting and is still being deveolped.

To answer my own question -the AirForums primary purpose (besides making money for Andy) is to provide a virtual meeting place for Airstreamers; rallies are secondary. I believe that TAC's primary purpose is to have fun camping. I'm sure there will be many more differences that will come to light as the club develops.

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab CTD
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:42 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Newport , New Hampshire
I'm looking forward to TAC. I'm hoping it will develop into what the group who participates wants it to develop into. Most important based on just having good times. Again, just another opportunity for fun. Why does that need a category or explanation.
Robin

Old 03-13-2010, 02:50 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
My feeling about Airstream forums is it is a wealth of information. It's great for me to find information on the workings of my airstream. Since I have joined (guessing?) about 2 1/2 years ago I have seen the forums evolve into all kinds of airstream information. I personally don't know what I would have done about getting my Overlander in working condition without these forums.

As far as Andy's involvement with this forum he has saved me a bunch of money on my airstream. I think about what the cost of labor would have been if I paid somebody to fix my Overlander. I bought most of my airstream parts from Andy and other stuff from other RV stores . With all said and done Andy got my business but so did other RV stores. Andy helped Me, the other RV stores and himself. Now that is what I call a Win Win situation.

The Airstream Club again is a vision of some guys who are members of this forum and I have jumped on the wagon (great vision). The forum helped them get the word out. What does that mean. There might have been folks who were ready to get out of airstreaming that decided to stay in because of this forum. Maybe they can fix their airstream, locate parts, find like friends, and a new club that will fit their needs.

Who knows somebody may start another airstream club and post it on this forum. The more the merrry. Maybe we could have club contests. The TAC softball team challenging the WBBCI softball team (example). The different airstream clubs competing in a BBQ cook off. I like to think of the possiblities. It is all about fun. God only knows we need to have fun.

Brian
Old 03-13-2010, 03:32 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
There are two Andy's. One owns Inland RV and sells parts. The other Andy owns this site plus 13 other sites.(look at the bottom of this page.) He does own an Airstream. If the TAC wants to hold a baseball game or any other physical contest against WBCCI, they will have a significant age advantage. People who have the time to partake of all the longer caravans and three week long trips to the WBCCI International are either retired or are school teachers and have the summer off.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:59 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
Dwight:

Thanks for the info. I did not know there were two Andy's.

brian
Old 03-13-2010, 05:15 PM   #31
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
I started this thread NOT to say that there is no difference. ...
Yes, your OP was basically a question: Is TAC sufficiently different from Airforums? (I'm paraphrasing.) I feel that this is a significant question, hence my agreement. And in answer to that question, my feeling is that there is not enough significant difference, at least for now.

Note that the question dealing with Airforums and TAC is not about the WBCCI and should not be confused with any questions or comparisons to that club.

Lynn
Old 03-13-2010, 07:55 PM   #32
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 20
Peralta , New Mexico
We could even have a karaoke contest!!!

I'm game, how bout you?
TAC's unofficial KARAOKE Provider
DD.KARAOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 20
Peralta , New Mexico
Sorry I should have quotes this first:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothlorian View Post
Who knows somebody may start another airstream club and post it on this forum. The more the merrry. Maybe we could have club contests. The TAC softball team challenging the WBBCI softball team (example). The different airstream clubs competing in a BBQ cook off. I like to think of the possiblities. It is all about fun. God only knows we need to have fun.

Brian
...and then said

Yeah we could even have a karaoke contest too
I'm game, how 'bout you

Dorian
TAC's unofficial KARAOKE Provider
DD.KARAOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:04 PM   #34
Certifiable

. , .
Vive la difference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothlorian View Post
The different airstream clubs competing in a BBQ cook off.
I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute my duties as official Judge for all BBQ competitions.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:35 AM   #35
3 Rivet Member

1968 17' Caravel
Marblehead , Hasslechusetts
I have come to the conclusion that many of the folks here will be members of both the TAC and AIR. Indeed some will also be WBCCI members as well.

The purpose of the groups may be different but the common thread is the trailers. We all seem to agree on this point. Airstreams are the best trailer that ever travelled down the road.
mistermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:26 AM   #36
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermike View Post
Airstreams are the best trailer that ever travelled down the road.
Mike that is grounds for another thread right there.
A good campfire conversation to say the least.
You might be surprised by what I would say to that...

So where is this BBQ tasting going to happen and where is that karaoke being staged?
Old 03-14-2010, 06:53 AM   #37
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Newport , New Hampshire
Hey DDKAROKE-

Richard and I will provide the strumming and background voices for campfire karaoke but the mikes and lead voices will be up to you. LOL We do this routinely at our WBCCI Unit campfires. We just have a group that like music so like everything else if this is what that crowd of people happen to be into the guitars, harmonica's, bongo's, and whatever...will come pouring out of the trailers and it will happen. If you build it they will come. Robin I'm looking forward to it. We run a music fest thing in Maine in August. Anyone is welcome it's an open gathering. you should see what happens at the campfire after listening to all kinds of musical groups all day long. It's a real blast!

Old 03-14-2010, 08:37 AM   #38
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
"If you build it they will come"

Air Stock with fun and music, and nothing but fun and music.

Brian
Old 03-14-2010, 09:33 AM   #39
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
...and there you have it for sure. I love the nuns at 2:07 giving the peace sign. I think Ten Years After is a perfect match to the imagery.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:36 AM   #40
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
Alvin Lee!!!!!!!! You hit the nail on the head

Brian