Old 03-16-2010, 05:36 AM   #57
Rivet Master
Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
For years I have been going to more forum rallies than WBCCI rallies. I am surprised to learn with the advent of TAC that now we can just plan rallies and meet together for free...well newsflash we have been doing that for years! And now Air Forums is considered for internet communications and not for rallies? Well it is for rallies and has had quite a good track record especially here in Michigan and Ohio, not to mention Florida's Can Opener. Perhaps someone would like to resurrect "the best forums rally" threads to remind members that long before TAC was a gleam in Rob and Frank's eyes Air Forums was getting her done and will still continue to do so. Sure there's room for more clubs ...but just don't relegate Air Forums to only being a forum and not a club because TAC wants to have the scoop on the whole business. Nope. Forum rallies were here first and they haven't dried up and become obsolete even with TAC's current thunder.

This is the best way I think anyone could have put it. Every forum event I attend or host is open to everyone, doesn't have rules or strict organization, and is all about fun.

While there are other "Airforum Clubs", you won't see me towing around my trailer with a sticker stating AM-1 for "AIR Midwest. It is a forum's club, and the forum has their own numbers. I feel numbers are an unnecessary part or organization whatever the club. Numerous times have I run across other Airstream owners with or without my trailer, and I have never let numbers or the lack of numbers from saying hello, finding out where they were from, etc. Just having a love for Airstream is what brings everyone together.

Streaming Soldiers Blog
soldiermedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:22 AM   #58
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington

Maybe the problem is calling "just camping together" a rally.

The word rally doesn't seem laid back enough.

Definitions of rally on the Web:
  • beat up: gather; "drum up support"
  • a large gathering of people intended to arouse enthusiasm
  • call up: call to arms; of military personnel
  • the feat of mustering strength for a renewed effort; "he singled to start a rally in the 9th inning"; "he feared the rallying of their troops for a counterattack"
  • muster: gather or bring together; "muster the courage to do something"; "she rallied her intellect"; "Summon all your courage"
  • a marked recovery of strength or spirits during an illness
  • return to a former condition; "The jilted lover soon rallied and found new friends"; "The stock market rallied"
  • an automobile race run over public roads
  • tease: harass with persistent criticism or carping; "The children teased the new teacher"; "Don't ride me so hard over my failure"; "His fellow workers razzed him when he wore a jacket and tie"
  • (sports) an unbroken sequence of several successive strokes; "after a short rally Connors won the point"
Maybe a new word should be coined.

Since TAC is an acronym. tac could be used as a word, either a verb or a noun depending on context.

For examble:

Does any one want to tac at the blue SP - verb

Let's have a tac at Red SP - Noun

Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 11:58 AM   #59
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
'Just camping together' is really long in print........ as the resident rally event ad maker I'm adding my 2 cents for brevity
Attached Images
1964 Overlander | '08 Touareg V6
Current Project: 1964 Globetrotter

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 06:13 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
“All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renenwed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.”
Damn, I though these were Led Zepplin lyrics. Glitter, gold, Robert Plant....

Based on timing I expect the the first ever joint WBCCI / AirForums / TAC Rally will happen here...

I wouldn't miss it for the world. Easy to say as I was already planning on being in the area.
Morrison's Airstream Page
munimula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:16 PM   #61
Rivet Master
1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
You are "The Great Cheerleader Ever More" ever more. What's the skinny on CB 2010. Where's the spot. I'm a little disorienated at this point.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 07:34 AM   #62

1992 29' Excella
Van By The River , Georgia
I stumbled across this thead today while organizing my "subscribed" threads. Thought it was worthy of a bump.

I stand by my earlier comments that Air Forums has staying power and is the club that's not a club - exchange information, meet people, go camping... or not.
Lucius and Danielle
1992 29' Excella Classic
1996 GMC Suburban C2500 7.4L
2005 Chevrolet Suburban K2500 8.1L
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:16 AM   #63
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
FYI TAC was just mentioned in this newer thread:
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 10:17 PM   #64
Rivet Master
1956 26' Cruiser/Overlander
1967 17' Caravel
Newport , New Hampshire
Hey TAC Folks. When everything crashed, I never updated you with our contact info. I think we were NH-1 or NH-3 or something like that!

"Reality Is The Leading Cause Of Stress"
"There are only five great men in the world and three of them are hamburgers."
rgesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 07:06 AM   #65
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
TAC is dead.
Folks have moved on to other activities or back to the new and improved Wally Byam Airstream Club.

WBCCI 10656 Southeastern Camping Unit
Associate European Unit
2006 Safari LS 23 ft
Formerly 1964 Bambi II

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell"
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote