Old 03-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #15
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Louisville , earth
Send a message via Yahoo to Boondocker
How about giving the club a while to grow. I mean, the thing is still being formed, it hasn't even got the paint on to dry yet.

Visit my photography page
and the
Favorite camp grounds project map
My Blog

(The artist formerly known as General Disarray)

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #16
Islay - 63 O.

1963 26' Overlander
Montreal , -
Send a message via MSN to dufferin
Just live it.

Few rolling wheels to make our planet a house.

A 1/5th of her that I own.

TAC# : QC-1

my blog

http://rvcampreview.com
dufferin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 02:55 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 26
Norristown , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen Disarray View Post
How about giving the club a while to grow. I mean, the thing is still being formed, it hasn't even got the paint on to dry yet.
Hi Gen Disarray;
Very well put. Short and to the point. How can one criticize something they have not experienced yet? I think that some people will remain negative no matter what, because they cannot see out of their box. Perhaps they see TAC Club as bunch of unruly runaway rebels. It is a shame that they see it that way. I cannot imagine that any club member will tolerate or stay friendly with the unruly or rude people. Those usually go away after awhile, when they find out that rudeness is not accepted or tolerated by it's membership. I would hope that none of this kind applied for membership for Tac. I have camped with the organizers of TAC. I have found them to be most wonderful people who will do anything for you. I was surprised by Rob's and Franks kindness and their hospitality.
Frank even spent half day polishing someone's Airstream for free. Can you see anyone with negativity do this? Yes, I do get upset when anyone talks down persons capabilities and their kind heart before they had a chance to interact with them in person. I believe that Tac will be about friendliness and kindness to fellow member. No formalities just easy going friendship and lots of unscheduled fun.
Old 03-12-2010, 08:35 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Hey BOAT DOC I seem to recall reading somewhere,about a bunch of rebel rousers and unruly runaways that landed in AHHH Plymouth Rock I think it was and look what happened to them.They were positive all the way. So I like you and the General Say "Give it some time".The negatives we see voiced here are those who resist change and see THEIR club as possibly being threatened.
I have also camped with Rob and his family and a host of like thinking,wonderful people,I think this will work. I remain POSITIVE.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:29 AM   #19
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I should just keep my mouth shut, BUT...

To me it is The Airstreamer's Club, not TAC. It is open for anyone that wants to participate plain and simple. It is what you make it and it fails only if you fail. No IBT guys in giant Motorhomes to point your fingers at here.

Eubank... you look at it as spiteful because you have so much invested in you own personal basket of eggs. The Club with Mr Byam's name in it does not provide some of us what we want out of our club experience. We are creating something that does. Many of us in the Airstreamer's Club are creating something out of action instead of just talking about how it should be. You are welcome to be a member of all and any club you want to.

nvestsly... Have you ever looked at all the clubs listed on this forum? Are they trying to split the airforums? There are eight without any affiliations to the club with Mr. Byam's name in it... The obvious answer is NO. If anything, they are bringing members to Airforums.

I have come to find that no matter how sweet you make the cup of tea, someone will always be unhappy with something. As the General said.. let the paint dry, or maybe you could help paint the fence. I won't even charge you an apple for the privilege.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:33 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

1976 Argosy 20
Peralta , New Mexico
I joined the forums, then I joined TAC, now I enjoy the posts and threads that EVERYONE put out here.
There will be negative people no matter where you go or what you do, all we can do is "smile and wave boys, smile and wave."
I believe there is a club for those negatives and they can join it with no problems, it's called "The Nay-sayer's Club" there are no dues, or forms to fill out, just be mean and nasty to the people that are trying to have fun and enjoy life; and you're a full time member. As for me and mine, we will NOT join, we're to busy having fun.
TAC's unofficial KARAOKE Provider
DD.KARAOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:40 AM   #21
Commercial Member

1967 30' Sovereign
Los Lunas , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
...Eubank... you look at it as spiteful because you have so much invested in you own personal basket of eggs.
I was expecting to be flamed at some level, and I guess I should keep my own mouth shut. But I really don't understand this.
Lynn
Old 03-13-2010, 09:09 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
You really don't understand what EUBANK? That there are people out here who own Airstreams that dont want to be associated with the club with Mr Byrms name on it.You don't understand how someone would have the audacity to get up off their butt and form a club that meets our needs. .Where everyone pays their fair share. Please inform us of what you don't understand.
We are DEAD SET on HAVING FUN without POMP and CIRCUMSTANCE and 3rd vice presidents from 20 yrs ago that think they are still owed something.
FLAME OUT.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:39 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1956 26' Cruiser/Overlander
1967 17' Caravel
Newport , New Hampshire
WOW EBANK you really don't get it. My association and desire to see TAC work is not spite. I did my time in WBCCI 10years. I contributed to the club, I served as President, and in many more capacities you will never know of. I never even got a thank you. I got discontent, criticism and yelled at.

Who needs it? But believe me no spite for me. I just want to have a good time with people who want something simple like camping and fun, without jackets, ceremonies, rules, and drama.

If you want the other well it’s all there for you or anyone else who wants it. But some of us just don’t. BTW I'm still in the club and still contribute, rallies, etc. but I find myself attending more non-WBCCI camping and liking it much more. So if someone is out there and willing to create another camping opportunity for me I'm all for it! Robin

"Reality Is The Leading Cause Of Stress"
"There are only five great men in the world and three of them are hamburgers."
rgesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:44 AM   #24
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post
I was expecting to be flamed at some level, and I guess I should keep my own mouth shut. But I really don't understand this.
Lynn
Quote:
For me, TAC was formed in the spirit of spite, but in the lust for camping. Its future will surely belong to the latter sentiment, not to the former, yet the current "membership drive" depends much too strongly on spite rather than lust.

But I certainly agree with the OP and fail to see the individual benefit of TAC over Airforums. In a sense, though, TAC is very parasitic on Airforums: Without the latter, the former probably wouldn't exist, nor will it continue to exist for long without. (There's no criticism here; a couple of other groupings also strongly depend on Airforums for their activity, I think.)

Lynn
The Airstreamer's Club is nothing close to parasitic. Now more events are offered to even more Airstreamer's. Last time I checked this was a social networking tool not place to take members away.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 12:50 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgesch View Post

Who needs it? But believe me no spite for me. I just want to have a good time with people who want something simple like camping and fun, without jackets, ceremonies, rules, and drama.
What Robin said...... It's all about the FUN!!

Rob
http://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - http://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:27 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

Northern Illinois , Illinois
Quote:
But I certainly agree with the OP and fail to see the individual benefit of TAC over Airforums.

Lynn

I started this thread NOT to say that there is no difference. Everyone, please read the original post carefully. I did not start it with any negativity in mind. Questions are being raised to myself as well as on these forums as to how TAC is different. I started the thread to provide an opportunity for members of the club to show how it is different. I believe that it is different.

TAC is just starting and is still being deveolped.

To answer my own question -the AirForums primary purpose (besides making money for Andy) is to provide a virtual meeting place for Airstreamers; rallies are secondary. I believe that TAC's primary purpose is to have fun camping. I'm sure there will be many more differences that will come to light as the club develops.

2008 Classic 34
Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab CTD

AIR #7317 WBCCI #1772 TAC-IL 1
Air Apparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:42 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1956 26' Cruiser/Overlander
1967 17' Caravel
Newport , New Hampshire
I'm looking forward to TAC. I'm hoping it will develop into what the group who participates wants it to develop into. Most important based on just having good times. Again, just another opportunity for fun. Why does that need a category or explanation.
Robin

"Reality Is The Leading Cause Of Stress"
"There are only five great men in the world and three of them are hamburgers."
rgesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 02:50 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
My feeling about Airstream forums is it is a wealth of information. It's great for me to find information on the workings of my airstream. Since I have joined (guessing?) about 2 1/2 years ago I have seen the forums evolve into all kinds of airstream information. I personally don't know what I would have done about getting my Overlander in working condition without these forums.

As far as Andy's involvement with this forum he has saved me a bunch of money on my airstream. I think about what the cost of labor would have been if I paid somebody to fix my Overlander. I bought most of my airstream parts from Andy and other stuff from other RV stores . With all said and done Andy got my business but so did other RV stores. Andy helped Me, the other RV stores and himself. Now that is what I call a Win Win situation.

The Airstream Club again is a vision of some guys who are members of this forum and I have jumped on the wagon (great vision). The forum helped them get the word out. What does that mean. There might have been folks who were ready to get out of airstreaming that decided to stay in because of this forum. Maybe they can fix their airstream, locate parts, find like friends, and a new club that will fit their needs.

Who knows somebody may start another airstream club and post it on this forum. The more the merrry. Maybe we could have club contests. The TAC softball team challenging the WBBCI softball team (example). The different airstream clubs competing in a BBQ cook off. I like to think of the possiblities. It is all about fun. God only knows we need to have fun.

Brian