Old 06-15-2010, 05:18 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Alright enough nostalgia. Yes some have moved on. But seriously Liz, I have been reminded on very good authority that there is a unit as you are desiring to find. There is a brand new kind of WBCCI unit that is newly formed right in Ohio and it is called NOVA, the Northern Ohio Virtual Airstream unit. It is a closeknit group of eager Airstreamers full of hospitality and expertise. Contact Dan and he will fill you in with all the current details.

Home - NOVA

Welcome to the virtual campground of NOVA!

This unit will be dedicated to respecting the traditions of the WBCCI, along with using the latest technologies to allow for Airstreamers to have fun!

Under consideration is the creation of a new virtual WBCCI unit. As required, this unit will be based geographically in Northern Ohio. In practice, membership in this virtual unit will be boundless. The intended purpose for this arrangement is to provide a solid “home” to non-traditional members.

The proposed unit called NOVA came to be to fill a need. I tend to have a desire to be a part of special groups. Throughout my life, I have participated in many unique activities and with many unusual clubs. I started one of the first Boy Scout Venturing units in my area. I’ve belonged to the National Rocketry Association. For the last twenty years, I’ve been progressing through the ranks of the Lions club. My wife and I are members of the oldest literary club in Lorain. We’ve been meeting for over 104 years!

So next on my list is the WBCCI. Why? Well, it fits my “demographic” very well. The WBCCI is a unique, well-established, historical group. It just so happens to represent my latest passion, Airstreams. So what makes the WBCCI special? To me, the group represents the adventure of travel. The fellowship and cooperation demonstrated and created by the group are well defined. The traditions are grand. The history is proud.

In different forms, the question of the need for NOVA has been called. The WBCCI has a few hundred units. The WBCCI has a couple of well known “progressive” units. NOVA will aim to take the “progression” another step. It will be the intention of NOVA to offer camaraderie daily if desired. A goal will be for a NOVA member to be able to log into a forum, and see a fellow NOVA member online.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:49 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
A few more helpful links ...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...ova-58851.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...ter-61381.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...ova-59878.html

photography
Old 06-15-2010, 06:59 PM   #17
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Is NOVA part of the same club that has members (threatening to) bring legal action to regain members control over how their dues is spent?
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:39 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Is NOVA part of the same club that has members (threatening to) bring legal action to regain members control over how their dues is spent?
Kiss My Grits Frank!
Name:   Flo.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  7.6 KB
No wonder there is no politics in TAC you put it all in the WBCCI threads. Thanks for sharing. Always a monumental and productive pleasure... Let it go, and move on, sugar. This is one thread that's not all about Frank.

photography
Old 06-15-2010, 08:14 PM   #19
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I guess that is a yes then.

Interesting thing about politics: When it meets your needs they are a good thing, but when they point out the flaw in the system it suddenly is a negative attack.

Interesting thing about my posts: I am just a TAC member, but for some reason ANYTHING I say is associated with the TAC. As if I am the voice of the TAC. Hate to break it to some, but I am not the voice of the TAC, I speak for myself.

Another observation: This thread is from 2006. Four years and going strong with the same old issues. Hope someday they get solved.

This thread is definitely NOT about me. It is about Robin and Richard.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4573.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	416.2 KB
ID:	104932
They both seemed to be having a great time at the non denominational trailer gathering I hosted last weekend. Me hosting it was not about me either, sorry if it sounded that way. I was just the guy coordinating.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 08:38 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Let me make this perfectly clear, NOVA has NO part or interest in any lawsuits. Please read the links above to see what we are about. What we are trying to accomplish, in our minds, is something positive and we don't wish to be pulled into this issue in any shape or form.....
Old 06-19-2010, 08:52 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1956 26' Cruiser/Overlander
1967 17' Caravel
Newport , New Hampshire
Hi,

Again so there is no misunderstanding. This is a VERY old thread as Frank pointed out. It was done to see what interest there might be in forming a club with a reduction of rules, ceremony and more focused on camping FOUR years ago. A lot has happened, there have been many clubs formed both in and out of WBCCI that seems to be meeting peoples needs.

As you can see ours are being met. We are having fun! If you build it we will come. Thanks to you all NO MATTER WHO or WHAT GROUP YOU BELONG TO, for hosting these great events that we have really been enjoying.

Robin
I'm all about the fun. Always have been.

"Reality Is The Leading Cause Of Stress"
"There are only five great men in the world and three of them are hamburgers."
rgesch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:18 PM   #22
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Liz we all hope you find your fun loving group. You aren't the first person that bumped an old thread. Hope the headlights didn't blind you.

photography
Old 06-20-2010, 02:39 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganglin View Post
Let me make this perfectly clear, NOVA has NO part or interest in any lawsuits. Please read the links above to see what we are about. What we are trying to accomplish, in our minds, is something positive and we don't wish to be pulled into this issue in any shape or form.....
Except you send most of your dues money off to "high command".