Old 08-22-2011, 11:11 PM   #99
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by urnmor View Post
Just wondering if RV parks provide discounts like many hotels and other establishments for active and retired military?
Many do. In fact, one of my favorite parks: USA RV Park has an active military stay free policy. Veterans get a 10% discount.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:55 AM   #100
2 Rivet Member

1988 35' Argosy 5th Wheel
Cumming , Georgia
It looks like our Military guy will be doing the first "trip" in our new Squarestream. He comes home the end of September from a year in S. Korea. He wants to put the camper on the lake for a few weeks. (Only about 8 miles!)

It is a US Army Corps of Engineers park. Does anyone know if they offer discounts to active military?

Old 08-23-2011, 11:14 AM   #101
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
I do not know however you might be able to find out by going to Federal recreation, camping and tour reservation information - Recreation.gov. There customer service number is 877 833 6777. I make all of my federal camping reservation, Nat parks, COE etc through them. He may want to check out the Army MWR "Path Across America" web page. It will show the military camp sites in Georgia. Also try the AF MWR page

John
Old 08-23-2011, 08:50 PM   #102
2 Rivet Member

Cumming , Georgia
Thanks, John. We actually went by one of the USACE parks this afternoon. It's pretty close to us and on Lake Lanier. We asked about a discount for active military and were informed that he could actually stay FREE!! As long as he is on leave and shows his leave papers, there is no charge. Sounds good to me. The only "catch" is that you cannot make reservations online. You must go in person. The attendents were really great and did the reservation for us in his name. When we check in, he just has to show his papers and "Ouila!" Free stay. Really nice sites too. We stayed there when the boys were in elementary school.
Click image for larger version

Name:	site 43.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	138544
Old 08-24-2011, 02:20 PM   #103
Refurbished 89 Excella

Sugar Valley , Georgia
There is an army and a navy campground over on Alatoona......FOR ACTIVE and retired folks..........not relatives though they can stay if sponsor is there........

THANKING HIM for his service.......God bless......Dennis
DKDarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:39 PM   #104
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
That great that he can stay there free. I guess it just us retired folks that have to pay but then again I am old enough for the Golden Age Pass.

Make sure you tell your son to stay safe.

John
Old 08-24-2011, 08:11 PM   #105
rbr
2 Rivet Member

2004 28' Safari
Danville , Virginia
My wife is an Army nurse, returned Monday from her latest deployment. We leave Sat. for 3 weeks of Airstreaming, R&R. Will be making extensive use of MWR campgrounds.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:55 PM   #106
2 Rivet Member

Cumming , Georgia
Thanks, everyone for your thanks and thoughts for our son. It has been quite an experience for us as we haven't had anyone in the military since WWII! We can't wait for him to come home and we are really excited to "break-in" the new-to-us Argosy!

Thank you, too, rbr, for your wife's service and your sacrifice.

urnmor - the campground at Shady Grove in Cumming gives a senior discount of 10%. Better than nothing and it's a really nice area.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:20 PM   #107
Refurbished 89 Excella

Sugar Valley , Georgia
Just got back from 2 months of travelin from NW Georgia to 4 corners area.....Made extensive use of MWR's............Some are realllllllly great and others are just a place to park, go to the commisary, and then head out.............Cant complain and not going to. Just thankful that this ol country is still here and with THEIR help and God's will be here for my grandchildren............God bless........Dennis
DKDarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:36 AM   #108
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
AF Four Cliff Recreation Area

My wife and I stayed at the AF Four Cliff Recreation area in Humarock MA. It is located on the mouth of the North River and MA Bay. We rented a house there but noted that there were a number of RV hook ups that included electric, water and sewage. It did not have fire rings but campfires were allowed on the beach. The views were breath taking from all of the sights. Next time we go we will take our AS.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:26 AM   #109
2 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Winder , Georgia
Hello everyone! Great thread- I'm currently demobing from Iraq and will be headed to Ft. Rucker to start flight school in October. As I do not currently own an airstream (though I really want one) I'd appreciate any links/help with finding a used unit- my plan is to stay in said trailer for the duration of flight school. All help is welcome!! Thanks and god bless!

Sid
Old 09-19-2011, 08:36 AM   #110
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Welcome Aboard....

FIRST......Thank You

I'd start with our classified section here.
Check out the Rally schedule, if there's one in your area it's worth a visit, helpful folks and a great opportunity to learn.

Semper-fi

Bob

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 03:46 PM   #111
3 Rivet Member

1997 21' Excella
Carson City , Nevada
Glad I looked

I am glad that I looked at this group. My sonny boy is Recon Marine currently stationed in Okinawa and looks like he will be combat replacement at the end of the month to Afghanistan. I was always thinking as he hit his training sites it would be fun to go and see him there if it were feasible. He just got done with jump school in Georgia, but no way would I go there in June!!!!!!!
His loverly 70 Chevy truck just got a good ding from my hubby heading out to hunt and it and Tin Hut had a collision. It looks like the truck got the worst of it. Hubby said don't tell sonny, he will get it fixed.
So depending on where my boy goes, will tap this group to see what is available in whatever place he may be.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #112
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Army MWR Path Across America

I have been trying to access the Army's site "Path Across America" however I am being told that both Yahoo and Mozilla cannot find the Server. Has any one else experienced a similar problem?

Tags
airforce, army, club, military, navy