Old 08-06-2011, 08:19 AM   #85
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
The largest single loss of American lives since the war began. 31 SOC Operators die in Afghanistan. May God bless their souls and their families.

Dozens of U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan

Old 08-06-2011, 08:34 AM   #86
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Some of you may have seen this on another thread....

Found in the pocket of one of Dad's uniforms after he passed...

I realize I'm preaching to the choir here, but the more who are aware the better...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scan.jpeg
Views:	99
Size:	834.2 KB
ID:	136870  

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:19 AM   #87
hang up and drive

2010 30' Classic
:) , Germany
Here, here...Godspeed, brothers.
kry226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:43 PM   #88
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
The largest single loss of American lives since the war began. 31 SOC Operators die in Afghanistan. May God bless their souls and their families.

Dozens of U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan
At the risk of sounding like your friendly, neighborhood nut-job, I find it highly suspicious that Seal Team Six just happened to be the victims here. I certainly don't mean to demean the loss of these brave men, they should be honored and revered, but I'm having a really difficult time believing that a single lucky shot from an RPG just happened to find it's target with THIS team, the same unit that took the butcher. Investigations are apparently on-going. Let's hope they start with our "allies" in the Afgan army and government.

Just my real world opinion.

Jim

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:05 PM   #89
TnVolGuy

1983 31' Excella
Cordova , Tennessee
Send a message via Skype™ to trmiller
Hello fellow vets! I also served in the US Army 4th Infantry Division Central highlands at camp Enarie as well as ankhe and pleiku in 1969 & 1970. Working on my brakes this week. Replacing all 4 wheel back plates shoes bearings etc. The original 1983 magnets were still on my 83 31ft Excella and the bolts were a j o b to get off. But half way there. As a fellow vet I have very deep respect for our people in uniform. Proud of them! Very sorry about Seal team 6 and the others that have lost their lives in the line of duty. Keep them all in our prayers. PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:20 AM   #90
2 Rivet Member

1988 35' Argosy 5th Wheel
Cumming , Georgia
I'm not sure if I qualify as I am not a Vet, but I certainly am a supporter! Our son is in the Army - PFC Joseph McLean. He is serving at Camp Hovey in S. Korea as a Cav Scout. He's been gone nearly a year and is due to come home the beginning of October.

I guess it's fitting that our Squarestream formerly belonged to a soldier. He sold it because he was going overseas. Also fitting - he was stationed at Ft. Campbell, KY - which is where our son will be when he comes back stateside.

I just want to say "Thank you!" to all those who have served and are now serving. They are what makes America great!
Old 08-11-2011, 03:13 PM   #91
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
do you qualify

I know you do. We sometime forget how tough it is on our parents, wives, children and other love ones when we deploy.

I also believe the news does not help make it easier. I will never forget the time we were stationed overseas. It was a Sunday when both our families called concerned about our safety. Of course we asked why they were calling. It was because they had heard on the news that there were riots and fighting breaking out all over the country. They said they were so concerned that they asked that special prayers be said for us at all the masses. Needless to say we were shocked. We told them there were some riots but very localized and in fact my wife was baking chocolate chip cookies and the children were playing outside. I tell this story only because, we the Soldier, often don't realize the stress our families are under when we deploy. In this case my family was stationed with me but there were many other times they were not. At no time did my wife ever complain when I was deployed nor let on how concern she was when I was gone. She was a Soldier's wife and Soldier's wives are very very special as are there parents and children.

I apologize for being long winded however we should all stand up and salute the Soldier's family and their parents. We are good at what we do because they are there to support us.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:50 PM   #92
2 Rivet Member

2006 19' International CCD
Hatboro , Pennsylvania
I served in both the Navy ad the Army , and our son Proudly serves in the Navy. I told him to go Air Force but like any 18 year old at the time he didnt listen . Said he wanted to be like Dad ,
kipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #93
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
I served in both the Navy ad the Army , and our son Proudly serves in the Navy. I told him to go Air Force but like any 18 year old at the time he didnt listen . Said he wanted to be like Dad ,
My Dad (career Army), told me the same thing, something about the AF getting all the good stuff first, oh and the chow was better too, but then how would he know that!!

I guess I listened.....sort of.

USMC Air Wing

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #94
2 Rivet Member

Cumming , Georgia
Urnmor - I appreciate your saying what you have. I also understand what you mean about the news. Thanks to Skype, I talk to Joe frequently and usually when I hear something stateside and ask him about it, he has no clue....

Here in Atlanta, the local TV station did a 4th of July Salute to the military. I sent in a photo of Joe and it was featured in a slideshow while Diana Degarmo sang her song "Thank You". It was really cool to see his picture and I love the song. If you haven't heard it, you should check it out.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:29 AM   #95
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
I will look for the song and may your son stay safe
Old 08-12-2011, 07:02 PM   #96
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Something tells me that the tragic damage the Taliban had done to Seal Team 6 was a bit more than just a "lucky" shot. Not that lucky shots don't happen of course. I thought, and now heard, that it may have been a set up. A trap to draw airborne reinforcements into an area where the enemy could anticipate their flight pattern. Losses of this magnatude are difficult to recover from. But our fighting forces will recover. We mourn the loss of these brave soldiers and salute those that will step forward to fill those very, very large boots.

Veteran, US Army Vietnam '70-'71
NJ Air Nat'l. Guard, retired

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:55 PM   #97
2 Rivet Member

Cumming , Georgia
Wow - I'd sure hate to think our military is that gullible. I guess stranger things have happened.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:51 PM   #98
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Military discounts

Just wondering if RV parks provide discounts like many hotels and other establishments for active and retired military?

Tags
airforce, army, club, military, navy