Old 05-05-2011, 11:56 AM   #43
Refurbished 89 Excella

Sugar Valley , Georgia
Another quick thought.........I DO NOT APPRECIATE the current commander in chief making points with the heroism of the the actual guys on the ground that bagged Osama and the intelligence gathering and interpretation that goes back MANY YEARS that made it possible........God bless.......Dennis

DKDarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:30 PM   #44
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDarrow View Post
Another quick thought.........I DO NOT APPRECIATE the current commander in chief making points with the heroism of the the actual guys on the ground that bagged Osama and the intelligence gathering and interpretation that goes back MANY YEARS that made it possible........God bless.......Dennis

I'm with you, he's getting a lot of mileage on the backs of other people.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:01 PM   #45
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDarrow View Post

Complete agreement here. The interrogation techniques used to gather the intel leaking to UBL's fortunate demise were done under the presious administration.

Steve
Old 05-06-2011, 12:15 AM   #46
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
No agreement here. This president got the job done as Commander in Chief. We are proud of him for making the call and the military who carried it out.

Doug and Cheryl
Both Navy Retired
Old 05-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #47
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
No agreement here. This president got the job done as Commander in Chief.

Doug and Cheryl
Both Navy Retired
Yes..he made the call when intel was presented to him. Just like anyone else would have done. You, myself, or any other person would have done the same thing. The previous administration's policies are what laid the foundation to get that intel.

Due to AIRforum policy and rules, I won't go any further than these thoughts.

Steve
Old 05-07-2011, 09:40 PM   #48
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Yes..he made the call when intel was presented to him. Just like anyone else would have done. You, myself, or any other person would have done the same thing. The previous administration's policies are what laid the foundation to get that intel.

Due to AIRforum policy and rules, I won't go any further than these thoughts.

Steve
Hey Steve,

I hope some day we can sit (not around a campfire....I'm allergic to smoke) and share an adult beverage while discussing this topic. I'm not into politics, but I have a differing view on this particular item......it is close to home for me, as I spent my entire 30 yr career in Intelligence Operations (nine yrs. in Spec Ops). My old boss is in the "now famous" picture of the White House Situation Room attendees. I can't tell you how proud I am of everyone involved, and it's positive effect on our great nation.

Chief

AIR # 22776
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #49

1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Thanks guys for staying on the proper side of the discussion in regards to the forum rules...
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:16 PM   #50
Halimer

2006 25' Classic
New Hyde Park , New York
I recently ordered some accessories for my YETI COOLER (Ice Chest - Ice Box - Large Cooler | YETI Coolers). This company gives a VERY GENEROUS DISCOUNT to service members on their line of products. Service members include active, reserve, NG, and retirees in the group.
Yeti Coolers are not cheap. They preserve ice much longer than the other brands.
They are USA made.
Old 06-09-2011, 08:39 PM   #51
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Just found the Thread.....thanks Steve.

Semper-Fi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	132088  

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:51 PM   #52
Halimer

2006 25' Classic
New Hyde Park , New York
Ask for Wade. I faxed him a copy of the front of my retired ID, blacked out the SSN #.
Great coolers. I keep my under my tonneau cover. It is hot there, keeps everything nice and cold for days. I ordered the SeaDek pad; none slip pad for standing on. Camo cushion, snaps on top of SeaDek, makes Yeti into an extra seat for happy hours or foot stool. Security cable with lock bracket. If you plan on ordering check out the size chart. I have the 45 qt(tan), fits well with the seat pad under the tonneau cover.
We keep all our beverages in the Yeti.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:56 PM   #53
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Flag Day

The History Of Flag Day

The Fourth of July was traditionally celebrated as America's birthday, but the idea of an annual day specifically celebrating the Flag is believed to have first originated in 1885. BJ Cigrand, a schoolteacher, arranged for the pupils in the Fredonia, Wisconsin Public School, District 6, to observe June 14 (the 108th anniversary of the official adoption of The Stars and Stripes) as 'Flag Birthday'. In numerous magazines and newspaper articles and public addresses over the following years, Cigrand continued to enthusiastically advocate the observance of June 14 as 'Flag Birthday', or 'Flag Day'.

On June 14, 1889, George Balch, a kindergarten teacher in New York City, planned appropriate ceremonies for the children of his school, and his idea of observing Flag Day was later adopted by the State Board of Education of New York. On June 14, 1891, the Betsy Ross House in Philadelphia held a Flag Day celebration, and on June 14 of the following year, the New York Society of the Sons of the Revolution, celebrated Flag Day.

Following the suggestion of Colonel J Granville Leach (at the time historian of the Pennsylvania Society of the Sons of the Revolution), the Pennsylvania Society of Colonial Dames of America on April 25, 1893 adopted a resolution requesting the mayor of Philadelphia and all others in authority and all private citizens to display the Flag on June 14th. Leach went on to recommend that thereafter the day be known as 'Flag Day', and on that day, school children be assembled for appropriate exercises, with each child being given a small Flag.

Two weeks later on May 8th, the Board of Managers of the Pennsylvania Society of Sons of the Revolution unanimously endorsed the action of the Pennsylvania Society of Colonial Dames. As a result of the resolution, Dr. Edward Brooks, then Superintendent of Public Schools of Philadelphia, directed that Flag Day exercises be held on June 14, 1893 in Independence Square. School children were assembled, each carrying a small Flag, and patriotic songs were sung and addresses delivered.

In 1894, the governor of New York directed that on June 14 the Flag be displayed on all public buildings. With BJ Cigrand and Leroy Van Horn as the moving spirits, the Illinois organization, known as the American Flag Day Association, was organized for the purpose of promoting the holding of Flag Day exercises. On June 14th, 1894, under the auspices of this association, the first general public school children's celebration of Flag Day in Chicago was held in Douglas, Garfield, Humboldt, Lincoln, and Washington Parks, with more than 300,000 children participating.

Adults, too, participated in patriotic programs. Franklin K. Lane, Secretary of the Interior, delivered a 1914 Flag Day address in which he repeated words he said the flag had spoken to him that morning: "I am what you make me; nothing more. I swing before your eyes as a bright gleam of color, a symbol of yourself."

Inspired by these three decades of state and local celebrations, Flag Day - the anniversary of the Flag Resolution of 1777 - was officially established by the Proclamation of President Woodrow Wilson on May 30th, 1916. While Flag Day was celebrated in various communities for years after Wilson's proclamation, it was not until August 3rd, 1949, that President Truman signed an Act of Congress designating June 14th of each year as National Flag Day.

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

RLC
Old 06-14-2011, 03:28 PM   #54
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Bad glare, but he's saluting .

Old 06-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #55
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
Bad glare, but he's saluting .

Never BAD glare around Old Glory....

GREAT photo....That's exactly how it started for me.

Seems like yesterday, standing next to Dad on Flag Day.

Maj. H.C. Crosse USA WWII (Mustang) RIP

RLC

RLC
Old 06-14-2011, 07:22 PM   #56
Site Team

1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
Thanks for bringing up flag day. My trailer is packed and waiting for it's next adventure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0028.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	259.1 KB
ID:	132495  

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
airforce, army, club, military, navy