Old 08-11-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Palestine , Texas
Great RV Escapes??

Anyone had experience with this company? We've just purchased our first RV and would like to save on park fees, etc. I'm getting a lot of email from them after looking at an ad on the net. They claim 50% discounts at "1000s" of parks. I'm wary, hence this post.

Will_Brule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #2
Rivet Master
2000 31' Land Yacht
Central , Florida
For non holiday times and weekdays get passport membership, cheaper and good discount on nights stay. If you like it you can renew each year, no strings attached.
No vested interest but have had membership in the past and when we start camping regular again will get a membership.

DaveFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #3

2016 30' Classic
Apache Junction , Arizona
I have only done a little investigating but it appears to be more of a scam then anything else. Always look before you leap. Lots of time to learn.
graysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #4
USN/LAPD Retired
2005 25' Safari
North Las Vegas , United States
The best one is GoodSamClub. They are accepted at most RV parks with a 10% discount. AAA is (what I would consider) 2nd place with a 10% discount

Passport America is pretty good but the problem is that those summer vacation spots like San Diego will not accept them during their peak period. Then Palm Spring would be a good example of not excepting them during the winter as it has all those "snowbirds".

Then you have Thousand Trails. Yup, their private but several of them do make exceptions and let you in. Only problem is, that they set you up in the "crappy" locations away from everything.
2007 Dodge Ram Quadcab 6.7L Diesel w/jakebrake

"Better to have more then you need, then need more then you have because you don't have enough!"
AIR #: 8129
Safari-Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 06:03 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member
2016 27' Flying Cloud
Sunriver , Oregon
I also heard that Passport America is the go to outfit besides Good Sam.
mcomeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:22 AM   #6
Rivet Master
2015 23' FB Flying Cloud
Walnut Creek , California
Wondering if GRVE is the outfit that I investigated and discounted after being bombarded with E-mail messages. If it is, I really do not like their method of advertising. Evidently it does not work, cause I do not remember them.

Good Sam is a standard and will pay back in discounts at camping world. Toilet paper and propane is a reasonable price even if that is all you buy there. The 10% kind of takes the edge off of high park prices. AAA often is available as an alternative. The winners are the parks that discount for GS and cash as well. Not many of those, but they are out there and worth asking.

The KOA program is a must if you use their parks. It helps get the price down to where it likely should be from a value perspective. If you use their facilities a lot, the rewards program helps too. We find that KOA is a good default when all the park prices are high or when they are the only game in the area. Yes, we travel without reservations and have to punt from time to time. We are not upset with the park quality, get a bit of a discount with the membership, build on the rewards bank, and if we take a site with electrical and water only the cost is not so bad. You just have to dump on the way out.

PA = 10X good. Go for it!

Safe travels. Pat

PKI is offline   Reply With Quote