Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
Anderson / Sun City , Indiana / Arizona
Airstream Rally Calendar

It would be helpful if the calendar designated the Rally sponsor: WBCCI, Air Forums, TAC.

Winestream made a good observation in another thread.... "The WBCCI fits for some, TAC fits for some, Airforums rallies for some. Some participate in two or all three." (I couldn't figure out how to "quote" him in the usual manner from another thread).

It isn't always clear who the sponsor is, and as Jason said, some folks fit better in one group or the other.
WBCCI #1200
Grand Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 08:00 AM   #2
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
What if a host wants to have his rally as non denominational? What if the rally host wants to welcome anyone without any political ties?
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:29 AM   #3

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
What if a host wants to have his rally as non denominational? What if the rally host wants to welcome anyone without any political ties?
We could have a "Non-Aligned Rallies" category.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:51 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
I've found that if I host a rally and label it a WBCCI rally, it is immediately judged and a lot of folks don't even look at it. If I tag it an Airforums rally a lot of other folks won't even consider it. I'd rather just call it an "Airstream Rally" and get a mix of all the groups without all the bias that goes along with them.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:01 AM   #5
Rivet Master

Steve,

I agree with you. Found the same thing during the WBCCI rally hosting years. At this point I make sure everyone knows this is a non-WBCCI, non-TAC, non-Airforums event. Nothing more than a bunch of folks with Airstreams getting together to have a good time.

That's what we did this year for the Historic Rt.11 Caravan and had a great group of people (WBCCI members, non-members, etc...)and will be doing the same thing next year for the "Lincoln Highway 100th Anniversary Caravan".
Old 08-02-2011, 03:34 PM   #6
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Master View Post
It would be helpful if the calendar designated the Rally sponsor: WBCCI, Air Forums, TAC.
The rally calendar is fairly generic, but members are encouraged to start discussion threads about rallies and can more clearly 'Target' a specific group of folks by placing the discussion in the appropriate topic area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinLoaf View Post
I've found that if I host a rally and label it a WBCCI rally, it is immediately judged and a lot of folks don't even look at it. If I tag it an Airforums rally a lot of other folks won't even consider it. I'd rather just call it an "Airstream Rally" and get a mix of all the groups without all the bias that goes along with them.
The Calendar is fairly organic by design. Members can post their rallies with descriptions as they desire. I've found that the only really unsuccessful listings are those that have no information. The author of a calendar listing can also edit that listing to add content as the event evolves. Personally - I just like to go to rallies - any rallies. They all have something good to offer and the people are always interesting and fun to meet.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
Anderson / Sun City , Indiana / Arizona
My original post was partly motivated by a comment made by Howie in another thread, "If you are headed south this winter the Can Opener, an AirForums rally, is a must."

I have attempted to attend this Rally for the last two years, but weather prevented it. However, I never realized that this was an Air Forums Rally.

Now that I know, I still hope to attend someday. The point is......... when folks look at the Airstream Rally Calendar it would be helpful in screening options to simply know who the sponsor is. It all goes back to fitting in with groups that match your style.
WBCCI #1200
Grand Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #8
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Airforums Rally

You must all understand that even though some say it is and others say it isnt.This Rally is available to anyone.It is not an Airsforums Rally.They are not responsible for this gathering.It is just a term that was used because it was on this forum.I may have said it in the past also but anyone is welcome to this event.WBCCI.Airforums,Tac,Vintage and even Moho's.This is a group that has come down for many years now and a bunch are the same crew as with new people showing up.It is not set for a certain amount of people/Campers either.There are a lot of campsites in the campground that are always open.Quite a few people have also thought only so many campers are allowed but that is not true either.
I am speaking for the Can Opener Rally

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:53 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1970 23' Safari
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
Lambertville , Michigan
What difference does it make?

If one wants to attend a rally and has the free time to do so, how does the affiliation matter?

Are there haters out there, that will not Airstream with other Airstreamers?

I am positive that if you go you may find that there is value in the people that attend regardless of where they stand.

With the exception of the few known full scale political rallies, the rest are about people with common interests and human value.

Yes, I am still working on it.
drag'nwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:26 PM   #10
3 Rivet Member

1996 34' Limited
humboldt , Iowa
Lincoln Highway

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
Steve,

I agree with you. Found the same thing during the WBCCI rally hosting years. At this point I make sure everyone knows this is a non-WBCCI, non-TAC, non-Airforums event. Nothing more than a bunch of folks with Airstreams getting together to have a good time.

That's what we did this year for the Historic Rt.11 Caravan and had a great group of people (WBCCI members, non-members, etc...)and will be doing the same thing next year for the "Lincoln Highway 100th Anniversary Caravan".
We are anxious to learn more about the Lincoln Highway 100th Anniversary Caravan.
tintent is offline   Reply With Quote