Not thinking of buying, but she's a looker. Hope they have documentation for the work that has been done.
Susie-Q 1951 Airstream Cruisette Museum Quality15' RARE | eBay
ubach, LA, United States
Time left:3h 25m 51s (May 25, 201115:17:31 PDT)
Bid history:35 bids
Current bid:US $15,000.00
Her name is Susie-Q.....She is a EXTREMELY RARE cutie born in 1951. This is the smallest Airstream ever made.Only made in 1951 and 1952. She wieghs 1,370 pds! Can pull her with about any vehicle. This is the last Cruisette made in 1951. What makes her EXTRA RARE is the double skin in the end caps. Most had only one skin in the ends....I have camped in elevations that were 14,000 + feet, snowing and stayed cozy with a small ceramic heater.(The double skin is packed inbetween with insulation) She was kept in a barn for over 30 years before my restoration.The floor rock hard without any damage...the frame RUST FREE and solid...and this was before my extensive renovation. We have camped by million dollar rigs and Susie-Q will steal the show every time. Shes a show stopping Diva...here are a few of her rare features that place on the stage of a ONCE-IN-A-LIFE -TIME-NEVER-SEE-IT-AGAIN....knock down beautiful Airstream Cruisette
Shes ready to run-away with you TODAY!....Susie-Q is the girl to escape with .....anywhere you decide to go to. Call me at 318 884 5582 for any thing. . The highest bidder takes her home...will be glad to help expedite shipping-at the owners full cost. Port of Galvaston is not far for the Caravaners in Europe. She will ride on a Roll Back (Like a towing truck flatbed...just like a car, due to her small size) Good luck nieghbor!!!!!! ....Charlie
- All new interior paint.3 stage epoxy paint that will endure the next 70 years
- Original cabinets freshly restored with ALL PERIOD CORRECT HARDWARE(detailed down to the the correct slotted screws)
- 50's diner floor~Red and Cream...$1,800... Pro installation
- New custom 110 fridge. (Original was a Ice Box that was too far gone)
- New water PEX water line ...with NEW perfectly correct faucet
- New LP copper line
- Original stove-Grates powder coated FIRE RED (works better than cheap junk sold today)
- Bed. NEW Space Foam mattress....
- Custom NEW curtians (Lucy and friends) FUN!!!!!!!
- Red hardware on cabinets RARE!!!!!
- XM / SIRIUS ready
- Keys to all doors...EVERYTHING WORKS flawlessly
- Exterior shined....you ought to see her reflect a full moon!
- 3 NEW 15' tires...trailer rated
- Axle~heavy duty and perfect... (Bearings freshly cleaned and packed) Leaf springs greased and serviced.
- 2 NEW Whorthinton aluminum LP tanks
- NEW tongue jack
- ORIGINAL Trail Master lights...RARE. ALL exterior lights reworked and work better than new
- Body hail free...she does have a few beauty marks...her skin is better than 99% Airstreams out there.
- NEW 7 way towing elec hookup
- NEW NOS Bargman 110 hookup (Found one unused in box)
- Original counter tops and original dining table top RED CRACKED ICE...rare!!!!!
- Walls are Calm Cream...cabinets are Baby Pink
- Original light fixtures...refurbished and work wonderfully
- Rewired a few years ago 12 volt and 110...done to code and done professionally.
- 2 roof VENTS one original the other a NEW original copy
- All new operators in windows.
- Frame painted with POR 15 after sand blasted and primed.
On May-16-11 at 19:52:28 PDT, seller added the following information:QUESTION: What items stay with the trailer? AWNSER: Everything seen but the quilt(An art deco set never used is under the quilt...matches perfectly) and the cannister set, and water jug. ALL OTHERS THINGS GO WITH THE TRAILER...even an Robbin Myiers vintage fan with red blades stays with Susie~Q.