Old 03-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
2008 19' International CCD
Santa Cruz , California
Do you know Carla Beal? eBay scam alert!

I (may have but don't remember) sent an inquiry to a eBay seller who was offering an Airstream at too-good-to-be-true prices. Sure enough, now I'm getting direct emails from one Carla Beal who purports to have this Bambi and wants to sell it directly to me, but sort of through eBay and sort of through PayPal. My scam alert is flashing red! I'd play it out a little more, just for fun, to see how she works it, but I don't have the time. In the spirit of fun, I'm posting her last note:

To: removed

Hello again,

The trailer is at eBay's shipping center in Las Vegas, NV and from there it will be shipped to my buyer's address. The trailer was listed for sale in an auction on eBay but I have removed the add because of some 'serious' buyers . They promissed they will buy the trailer from me but they proved not to have the money to pay for it .I have registered the trailer with eBay's Vehicle Protection Program and they work only with das auto shippers, so a local pick-up is not an option.This transaction is covered by ebay's purchase protection program up to 50,000 USD and if something goes wrong in this transaction you will be fully refunded. In the invoice you will have the details on how to make a refundable payment and shipping back the trailer will be my concern. I strongly assure you it will not be the case for a refund. I have used the eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection in the past and all my transaction ended succesfully. You pay to eBay and they will transfer the funds to me only after you get the trailer. Shipping will be door to door, to your home address, somebody must be home when the trailer arrives.
PayPal can't be used in this transaction because it only covers $2,000. You will receive instructions to pay through another payment system.
I apologize if it seems like I'm pushing on this deal but I really want to be sure that everything is clarified before any further steps. Please let me know if some of the terms don't fit you or if you have other questions. I'm a serious seller and I prefer to deal with a serious buyer.

If you wish to proceed with the purchase, please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal through eBay right away.

I am looking forward to hearing from you.
I bet you are. And I have an offer for you, in return, Carla. I was recently contacted by a functionary in the Nigerian military who needs only $2,000 from you for processing fees to help free up, lets see, how much was it again? Oh, something like a bazillion and a half dollars, which he will ship directly to.....

If, on the other hand, Carla is entirely legitimate, there is a heck of a deal on a Bambi out there.
TinasBambi is offline   Reply With Quote