Old 05-19-2009, 05:58 PM   #1
Currently Looking...
cumberland , Maine
advice appreciated 1969 Overlander

At the suggestion of an expert-(thanks Kevin)

I am looking for advice on the trailer I am considering buying. This trailer seems solid, but I have NO experience with AS. The seller wants $2800.00 for it.

Has a new ac unit, needs a roof vent, left front window and everything seems to be working properly. I have attached pictures so people can tell me what's right/wrong/advise on this purchase (or don't buy).

The owner says it tows great, but will need new tires. I understand that axles should be changed (on trailers over 30 years old-THANKS Janet!).

Any other advice seriously appreciated. I like the trailer and am very handy-so I think I can make this work.
Does anyone see any deal breakers here?

Name:   Photo 9 Front Lounge View.bmp
Views: 304
Size:  576.1 KB

Name:   Photo 14 Ceiling View.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  21.3 KB

Name:   Photo 10 Front Curbside View.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  31.1 KB

digitalmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 06:34 PM   #2
Site Team
1975 25' Tradewind
Dewey , Arizona
It's hard to inspect the trailer from a few pictures. The tires look flat and the axles look low, but you knew that all ready. Have you check the floor for soft spots and rot. The area where the floor meets the back side of the trailer can be an area of concern on these units. Putting a bunch of weight on the rear bumper will check for rear end separation also.

The door looks like it might not be closing evenly, but it is hard to tell from these pictures. BTW, the curved windows on a 69 are different then later years and will cost you a few bucks.

The price sounds fair if everything else checks out (refrigerator, furnace, water heater etc.).

WBCCI President 2016-2017
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote

overlander, axle