Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-22-2008, 08:31 PM   #85
Restorations done right
Commercial Member
 
Frank's Trailer Works's Avatar
 
1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,547
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue
And I would like to own it. It's very unique.

But is this something you would like to do to a Wee Wind?
If I owned that Wee Wind it would look exactly like the day Wally hooked up. I would faithfully restore it to it's original condition. Are you thinking of buying it for me? I will trade you one of my daughters that is how much I would love to own that trailer.
__________________

Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:35 PM   #86
Restorations done right
Commercial Member
 
Frank's Trailer Works's Avatar
 
1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,547
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWee
Yes, Wally Gold Trailer is owned by Airstream. I owned it from 1969 to 1977.

Pee Wee
Pee Wee, If you gave that trailer to me I would give you everything I own. I know that would not be possible, since Airstream now owns it, but if you have any others needing a new stewart let me know.
__________________

Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:47 PM   #87
Certifiable
 
mistral blue's Avatar
 
. , .
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander
If I owned that Wee Wind it would look exactly like the day Wally hooked up. I would faithfully restore it to it's original condition. Are you thinking of buying it for me? I will trade you one of my daughters that is how much I would love to own that trailer.
Please keep your family intact. One 7-year old boy is about all I can handle right now. I'd much rather buy you Wally's Bubble and watch what you can do with that little piece of Airstream history.

Anything from the 40s sure would be cool though!
__________________
"IT'S A MAGICAL WORLD, HOBBES, OL' BUDDY... LET'S GO EXPLORING!" ~ CALVIN
mistral blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:53 PM   #88
Rivet Master
 
byamcaravanner's Avatar
 
1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,180
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue
Please keep your family intact.
You haven't met Frank's adorable daughters... we have five kids and would be happy to have either or both of Frank's girls.

...and no Frank, I will not give you my trailer in trade.
__________________
Steve & the crew
'70 Ambassador International Twin
'63 19' Globetrotter TAC WI-1
http://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 10:56 PM   #89
Rivet Master
 
utee94's Avatar
 
1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by byamcaravanner
You haven't met Frank's adorable daughters... we have five kids and would be happy to have either or both of Frank's girls.

...and no Frank, I will not give you my trailer in trade.
Which one?

(I'll leave you to decide whether I'm talking about Steve's trailers or Frank's daughters... )
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:47 AM   #90
4 Rivet Member
 
Distantdrummer's Avatar
 
1975 31' Sovereign
Houston , Texas
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 494
Sorry this thread has gone off in so many wrong directions.
I mean why doesn't some moderator re-wire this maze into several Threads.
Volkswagons, Opening a resto biz, and of course the one that started it regards Wally's old Bubble.
Amazing that it took 75 or so posts fore anybody got ahold of the current owner.
I think I know the guy. You dreamers ought to pick up the phone and give him a call. He is (was) a good ol' boy and a nice guy.

John (the guy that now owns it) I am convinced was in the paratroops with me, Last I heard he was a union ironworker, who moonlighted as a crack Harley mechanic. His dad was a PhD univ professor at A&M and old "Flathead John" was no rube. A shrewd and skilled horsetrader I'd bet.
__________________
__________________________
____ d'drummer ____

...aahh..rumm..pu..tum..tummm...
Distantdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:44 AM   #91
Restorations done right
Commercial Member
 
Frank's Trailer Works's Avatar
 
1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 5,547
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distantdrummer
Sorry this thread has gone off in so many wrong directions.
I mean why doesn't some moderator re-wire this maze into several Threads.
Volkswagons, Opening a resto biz, and of course the one that started it regards Wally's old Bubble.
Amazing that it took 75 or so posts fore anybody got ahold of the current owner.
I think I know the guy. You dreamers ought to pick up the phone and give him a call. He is (was) a good ol' boy and a nice guy.

John (the guy that now owns it) I am convinced was in the paratroops with me, Last I heard he was a union ironworker, who moonlighted as a crack Harley mechanic. His dad was a PhD univ professor at A&M and old "Flathead John" was no rube. A shrewd and skilled horsetrader I'd bet.
Life goes all over the place brother.. the thread never went to far askew. I would contact the owner, but I kind of do not have 12K laying around. Why call and waste the mans time?
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:39 AM   #92
Rivet Master
 
utee94's Avatar
 
1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander
Life goes all over the place brother.. the thread never went to far askew. I would contact the owner, but I kind of do not have 12K laying around. Why call and waste the mans time?
You might not have 12K, but I thought you were going to offer up your children...?
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 02:55 PM   #93
2 Rivet Member
 
airhead2's Avatar
 
1962 24' Tradewind
1955 16' Bubble
2006 25' Safari
Burlingame , California
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 28
Byam's Bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distantdrummer
Sorry this thread has gone off in so many wrong directions.
I mean why doesn't some moderator re-wire this maze into several Threads.
Volkswagons, Opening a resto biz, and of course the one that started it regards Wally's old Bubble.
Amazing that it took 75 or so posts fore anybody got ahold of the current owner.
I think I know the guy. You dreamers ought to pick up the phone and give him a call. He is (was) a good ol' boy and a nice guy.

John (the guy that now owns it) I am convinced was in the paratroops with me, Last I heard he was a union ironworker, who moonlighted as a crack Harley mechanic. His dad was a PhD univ professor at A&M and old "Flathead John" was no rube. A shrewd and skilled horsetrader I'd bet.
D'drummer; John fits your description. I bet he would like to hear from you. He is a good 'ol' boy. I know because I called him up and bought the Byam Bubble

The Bubble is on a truck (ok technically a trailer) heading towards it's new home in Northern California.

My wife and I will be selling our 1962 Tradewind. It is in original and excellent condition. I'll let you all know when we put it on the market.

There is so much to learn and properly record about the history of this Bubble. I hope the forum can help.

Cheers
__________________
airhead2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 03:59 PM   #94
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG
 
Roamin Cat's Avatar
 
2008 25' Safari
Quiet Green , Connecticut
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 243
Rivet Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airhead2
I called him up and bought the Byam Bubble
The Bubble is on a truck (ok technically a trailer) heading towards it's new home in Northern California.
Yay! Can't wait to see pics and what you do with it!
Congrats to you and your wife
__________________
Cats

AIRSTREAM Life

"Color delights my spirit"
avatar artist
Roamin Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 04:22 PM   #95
2 Rivet Member
 
airhead2's Avatar
 
1962 24' Tradewind
1955 16' Bubble
2006 25' Safari
Burlingame , California
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roamin' Cat
Yay! Can't wait to see pics and what you do with it!
Congrats to you and your wife
Roamin' Cat. If it weren't for you I would not have found the Bubble, thank you. I have been looking into trailers used on Caravans for years, but never thought I would find a gem like this one .
__________________
airhead2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 04:30 PM   #96
Be Not Afraid JMJ + AMDG
 
Roamin Cat's Avatar
 
2008 25' Safari
Quiet Green , Connecticut
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 243
Talking

Wow, I have a great big smile on my face and joy in my heart, thank you

It gives me great pleasure to know that a fellow forum member bought Wally's Bubble and will enjoy it and love it back to life! Totally cool!

Please keep us posted along the way
__________________
Cats

AIRSTREAM Life

"Color delights my spirit"
avatar artist
Roamin Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 07:42 PM   #97
Well Preserved

 
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 20,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by airhead2
Roamin' Cat. If it weren't for you I would not have found the Bubble, thank you. I have been looking into trailers used on Caravans for years, but never thought I would find a gem like this one .
When you get the bubble home, maybe you and Dale (PeeWee) can get together to document the trailer's history. There's not much of this kind of verifiable history lying around, and it gets less every day.
__________________
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
Terry
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 08:08 PM   #98
2 Rivet Member
 
airhead2's Avatar
 
1962 24' Tradewind
1955 16' Bubble
2006 25' Safari
Burlingame , California
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 28
Byam Bubble

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
When you get the bubble home, maybe you and Dale (PeeWee) can get together to document the trailer's history. There's not much of this kind of verifiable history lying around, and it gets less every day.
Dale "PeeWee" has been a big help already with the images he posted. I hope he can help further, and I would certainly like to meet him someday.

Yes, once the Bubble makes it here safely I will definitely have my work cut out for me!
__________________

__________________
airhead2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
1955


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Restoring a 1955 bubble BB 55 Bubble Repairing/Replacing Floor &/or Frame 71 01-30-2012 12:25 AM
Serial number of 1955 Bubble? BB 55 Bubble Title, VIN & Registration 2 11-10-2010 05:22 PM
1955 restored bubble PW5000 1955 - 1957 Bubble 3 07-28-2005 11:00 AM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.