Old 10-16-2008, 12:48 AM   #15
Revcon Owner

Chicago area , Illinois
Oh, I noticed one other thing I need to clarify, the photos of the Revcon above are not mine. They belong to RichardT. Unfortunately it was in an accident, so I believe it has been sold. There are pics of RichardT's crash on my website, as well as interior shots.
New Page 2
Mine is an '83 shown here:
New Page 2

Old 11-04-2008, 08:39 AM   #16
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
10 Years of Less at Airstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveinet View Post
Don't know if old threads can be woken up by new posts, but today I just stumbled on a news article about John Hall from the early 70s. He actually did work for Airstream for 20 years. He worked as an engineer and later worked in marketing. The news article made the case for John Hall being the driving force at Airstream in trailer design. Putting that together with starting Revcon in '68 seems to make a lot of sense.
The earliest possible time that John would have worked at Airstream is 1950 and his tenure would have been over in the mid-50's, possible late 50's, but not past then. His time at Airstream was 5 to 10 years.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:54 AM   #17
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
The Rebirth of John Hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distantdrummer View Post
Could you direct us to that article please?

Also I would like to hear from PeeWee on this , John Hall = stepson connection.
Is Mr. Hall still living ?
Would love to see him interviewed if so.

thanks
For many years, too many years, I had heard that John Hall had been murdered in Mexico City. Which I found to be tragic.

Then plus two years ago in talking with Fred Coldwell, I found that John was alive well and living in the state of Washington.

I made contact with John and had a very nice conversation with him. Since then he has disappeared off the face of the earth. I have not been able to find him. John's age is somewhere between very late 70's and early 80's.

I mentioned is one of the other threads that John worked for a very limited time with Airstream. However he did supply Airstream stainless steel water tanks and the first electronic control panels. I'm not sure for what period he was a supplier.

As far as Stel's financial status and John's inheritance I know absolutely nothing about their personal affairs. I believe John problably invested his inheritance and had partners to fincance Revcon. The idea was novel.

That's all I know about this aspect of John Hall.

I did, on another thread not in this series, mention my relationship with John Hall.

Pee Wee
Old 11-20-2008, 10:24 PM   #18
Revcon Owner

Chicago area , Illinois
I finally got to creating a copy of the interview with John Hall. I reformatted the original brochure into a PDF format.
http://www.geocities.com/revconprinc...s/JohnHall.pdf
Here is also a txt version of a different article that speaks of John Hall's connection with Airstream. i was going to send the high res photos, but I ran out of space on my web hosting site, so here is a text only version.
http://www.geocities.com/revconprinc.../Revcon250.txt
The date on the brochure was 1970, so if you work backwards, you can figure out when he was with Airstream.

'83 Revcon FWD
502 w/Howell/Edelbrock MPFI
daveinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:00 PM   #19
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
Revcon Related Web Sites

http://www.revconmotorcoach.com/index.html

http://revconeers.com/forum/

http://www.cifumotorsports.com/revcon/

http://www.aircraft-electrician.4t.com/
Old 06-21-2010, 01:40 PM   #20

Scottsdale , AZ
So many of these links are down. Daveinet are you still around but at a new website? Wordpress blogs are free and easy. and Facebook pages are really free and easy. Is anyone there on FB?

I'm interested in purchasing at Flatnose Revcon or a 24' Argosy or an FMC. Airstream is out of my league price-wise, but I love some funky styling. The FMC owners group/forum is super-active, so though they seem more complex than the Revcon or Argosy, maybe the forum help will make maintenance more feasible. Any hints/suggestions/leads/cajoling?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 06-22-2010, 07:50 AM   #21
Revcon Owner

Chicago area , Illinois
Yes, I'm still round - more round that I like to talk about. My new website is only partially up. Just have not had the time to fix all the old links.
Revcon Motorhome

Probably the best source for info on Revcon is http://<a href="http://autos.groups....n_Curious/</a> They are still a pretty active group and a great resource for parts and technical support. Revconeers is also still alive and well, but is not as active. Maintinance wise, an old Argosy probably is the simplist, as it uses a standard chassis. I really don't see any of them as that complex if you have mechanical aptitude. Yes, when you first dive in, you do wonder what you have gotten yourself into, but once you get your feet wet, it is really not all that bad. Even the slant nose with the custom drivetrain is still pretty straight forward. Most parts can be purchased from Napa or Carquest, once you know what you are asking for. To me, the drivetrian is very logical. The engineer who designed it was Peter Bryant, who was well known in Formula 1 racing circles. If you google his name, there is a bunch of stuff on him, even some YouTube videos. Intriguing that this guy designed a motorhome.

'83 Revcon FWD
Old 06-22-2010, 08:18 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

1969 25' Tradewind
1971 18' Caravel
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Revcons for Sale

FYI,
Here's an interesting link to find Revcons for sale.

site mash : revcon : combined classified and auction listings++++

I that doesn't work try this link and select Revcon from the list.
site mash : : combined classified and auction listings

Be careful, don't get lost down the rabbit hole looking at other manufacturers.

Res nolunt diu male administrari.

WDCU Unit #170
Air #7085

TAC VA-4
WBCCI #2641
VAC
71 Caravel
69 Tradewind

My YouTube Channel
TWaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:57 PM   #23
Revcon Owner

Chicago area , Illinois
Not sure why the forum hosed the link in my post, but lets try again:
Revcon_Curious : Revcon Curious

Oddly, it won't let me edit my own post to try to fix it either.

'83 Revcon FWD