Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2019, 09:54 PM   #661
Rivet Master

2007 27' Safari FB SE
NW Oregon in a nice spot , Oregon
I love the picture of the kids in the windows...will they help you wash them? I was just happy when my kids wanted to camp with me when I visited them at college. We had some pretty fun times then. I think you will have as many or more given your thread posts.
bweybright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 10:51 AM   #662
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 30
Flint , Michigan
Those style tanks sound like the ones on Spartan trailers of the ‘40s & early ‘50s.
Whamm511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 07:11 PM   #663
Rivet Master

1963 22' Safari
2020 27' Globetrotter
State of , Washington
Send a message via MSN to goransons
Joe Peplinski did a great article this month in the Blue Beret wrapping up this story. It's in the "Historically Speaking" section of the June issue. You can see it here:

https://airstreamclub.org/sites/defa...020%20June.pdf

Again, we can't thank everyone enough for their help. Too many names to name but thank you thank you thank you!
goransons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:13 PM   #664
Rivet Master

2007 27' Safari FB SE
You still have an invite here....and the boat in the shop will be gone so you could maybe be on level concrete within reach of the 30 or 50 amp trailer service.
They have started opening the coast back up so you are a 1-2 hour drive depending on Portland traffic to the coast.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:27 PM   #665
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Fredericksburg , Texas
Scott, great article. Good to see your post. Thought you had taken a year off and gone fishing.
Bubba L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:55 PM   #666
Rivet Master

2007 27' Safari FB SE
So probably a new thread...but a follow up on the above question: How is your new project coming along?....truly an animal you are finishing this one and starting another......
You are my role model of what I wish for.
Old 06-03-2020, 11:04 PM   #667
Rivet Master

1963 22' Safari
2020 27' Globetrotter
State of , Washington
We spent the last 16 months restoring an early 60's Airstream with some serious sentimental history for some very close family friends that didn't care to have it publicly blogged. It goes in for upholstery next week and we hope to return it by the end of June. Then there are no new trailer projects in my future for awhile, other than some much needed work on our around the world trailer that's felt rather unloved as of late (despite having a nice comfy home in our new 2 bay garage we've been building slowly over the last year). But I promise to revive that 10 year old thread and update my do'overs of some projects I have better skills and tools for now.

At some point we'll save up enough to insulate and drywall, but we pa as we go, but here's the "kinda done" outside. the existing garage on the right I'll be installing new siding soon to match, and is getting new doors at the same time to match.

We'll take you up on that next time we're down that way! We look forward to doing some camping and getting out of the house this summer! Covid has been brutal!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newgarage.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	369340  
Old 04-18-2023, 10:38 PM   #668
Rivet Master

1963 22' Safari
2020 27' Globetrotter
State of , Washington
Well this thread has been long quiet. #1 sits safely in the Airstream Heritage Center. Hopefully in the not too distant future the rest of the family and I will head out that way towing a trailer to visit her and to see 692, the Golden's Around the World Caravan Trailer that spent some quality time with the family as well. A lot of credit goes to Samantha Martin, Joe Peplinski, and Dale Schwamborn for getting it there, and of course many other friends and family who helped it come together, not to mention strangers who sold or sent me parts.

Here's the Heritage Center Video Airstream produced:
https://www.airstream.com/blog/the-a...ite-airstream/

The reason for the post tonight is just that I wanted to pay tribute to the trailer's talented painter. Jim Richardson, a dear friend, talented painter, machinist, hot rod builder, and engineer was the only person I could talk into helping me paint a 26' foot trailer. He helped me design a paint booth within a pole building, a rolling bridge (much like a pull in and park automatic carwash) to allow continuous spraying across the top of the trailer while two of us pulled it across the bay, lighting, ventilation, air filtration, the works. We spent a week building it all, and shooting the trailer. It looks that good because of his skills and wisdom to get the job done right.

We used to live about 8 houses apart, but 10 years ago our family moved out into the country to have some land for the kids to play and for a property space to work on trailers. We kept in touch, just not as often. I learned tonight that a few weeks ago he lost his battle with pancreatic cancer.

I didn't get to tell him thanks enough, not just for the paint job but the friendship and adventures over the years, so I wanted to take a moment and thank him here.

Here's a link to his obit, not just so you see the artist, but if you check out the truck at the top you'll see his last project. A vintage pickup body retrofitted onto a ford ranger chassis (including a stretched bed to match wheel bases). RIP Jim!

https://www.brooksidefuneral.com/obi...one-richardson
Old 04-18-2023, 11:25 PM   #669
Rivet Master

1958 26' Overlander
Battle Ground , Washington
Scott you have my sympathies for the loss of a dear friend. It is just another reminder that we need to embrace our friends whenever we can. I am traveling to Utah to see a dear friend after the International in WY. Very thankful I'll have a chance to do so.

Harold

Our thread:
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f97...er-172124.html
57Vintage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1955, 1956, cruiser, european caravan, full monte, wally byam, wbcci