Old 12-04-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
Oakland , California
Ever heard of an 11 part end cap?

I am new to forum but have checked out every picture in the gallery re 1950s AS. I am looking at a 57 flying cloud. I only have photos at this point but the ones I have show a rear end cap of 11 parts. I have read that 57 was the year that they changed from 13 to 7 right with some difference in dates of change depending on where they were made right? Anyway, has anyone heard of a 11 part end cap? I am guessing that a previous owner replaced that center section and improvised and made a 13 part end cap into an 11 part one. It looks pretty good from photos but wanted to check and make sure I wasn't missing something.

lstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:10 PM   #2
Site Team
1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Hi & welcome to AF.

The only trailer I've seen with 11 sections is a Silver Streak.

But I'm no expert...

If it's to be, it's up to me.
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:27 PM   #3
Oakland , California
You know I saw a picture of a silver streak and noticed that it looked like it also had 11 panels. I figured though that the guy must know what brand of trailer he had so didn't think further. After your post though I went and researched the mid-50s silver streak trailers and I think this trailer could very well be a silver streak clipper. It is 22 ft which is the right size. The windows match and they don't match the AS trailers. Unless it has been heavily modified I dont see how it could be a AS. I haven't seen the trailer yet in person but am going to give the guy a call tomorrow to get more details and tell him that I think his trailer is a silver streak. I may go look at it anyway next week-end but have to travel this week. I will post some photos when I go see it. By the way, would the VIN be in the same sort of locations that an AS has them? Any big tip offs that it is a SS rather than an AS?
lstyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:54 AM   #4
Rivet Master
1977 27' Overlander
1973 27' Overlander
1963 19' Globetrotter
Naples , Florida
I thought maybe it was a whales tail,but after counting they have 9 ??? Pictures would help. Dave
easyride is offline   Reply With Quote