Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2015, 06:51 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Fort Bragg , North Carolina
Airstreams In North Carolina "Our State" July 2015 edition

We just received our July 2015 Our State a North Carolina monthly publication that features many great things of the great State. This month the topic was "Old School" and within the magazine are three articles on Airstreams and their history.
One featured article is Capital City Custom with owner Dan Matthews who I have met and visited and actually plan on having some detail work done on our Airstream this fall. His fabrication to facilitate your needs is truly remarkable. I know that there are other great providers out there to remodel and upgrade or keep your Airstream original as possible, but with Dan, he is just up the road which is easy. With full hook ups so you can come and go it just makes life real easy.
Stopping by Capital City Custom was a walk back into the past when I toured the Vanderbilt Airstream he had, only 1 of 3 every made and then walked into an upgraded Airstream that had solar panels flat on the roof with a galley with top of the line drawer style refrigerators that never go warm. The article represents how the Airstream legend still continues in both NC and Jackson Center Ohio. Dan keeps both the legacy of Airstream and people Airstreaming going strong and intact even when life's throws some serious challenges at you physically. Thanks Dan!
The other article featured the Krankies Coffee and the Duckhead Airstream as well used for businesses that are American sound. Great articles that really share the history of Airstream and draw folks as stated" the sighting is something like a religious experience".
The legacy continues with "Old School" within the NC Our State July edition. We get the hard copy as I don't think the digital one is out yet. Small-Town Edenton is the front page when it does come out starting on page " New Nostalgia-Pinball, motorcycles, Airstreams (page 137) and more". Almost like a Christmas present you can't quite get yet, but I'll keep looking for it once it come electronically for you all.
here is the current link. Our State Magazine | The Best of North Carolina

SL4BLLT
SL4BLLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 06:02 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
Just check to see if the July edition is posted with the featured articles. They are not available as of today. I'll keep looking over the next few days and keep you all posted.
Best Regards,
SL4BLLT
Old 06-25-2015, 06:13 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Sovereign
OK,
here is the link that will get you to the e-edition to the July 2015 Our State with the Airstream articles. See the picture below as well with the one picture of the Airstream and the front page directing you to the articles. You can try the magazine for $5.95 for 3-months.

I do NOT work for this magazine. We just live in NC, have owned and Rv'd in the Airstream for close to 20 years, are familiar with a few of the folks featured in the articles, have aluminitis and want to share with you what we all have in common, Airstreams, that exists within "Our State".

Enjoy,
SL4BLLT
The July 2015 Issue |