Old 10-31-2012, 10:25 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
A New Kind Of AS Sabotage

I'm frustrated beyond words......I have my AS for sale here on the classifieds & also on CL. A guy from a consignment company in Chicago phoned me to see if I wanted to sign on with their company. Apparently, they scan CL & go from there. I didn't sign on, but contacted the company a couple of weeks after listing it. I had second thoughts after a couple of red flags & didn't sign on. Now, he's flagging every single ad I list on CL. I'm pretty fit to be tied. I've had numerous calls on the trailer & now all of them think the trailer is sold. Every time I relist it, within a couple of hours, it's flagged again. I just wanted to vent & want to scream outloud!!! I don't want to go back & forth with the guy....what good would that do? I guess I'll ride it out for a while & maybe he'll forget about me. Has anyone else ever had this happen? I want to put the company name out there in big, fat, red letters, but I'm afraid of this crazy person doing something even more crazy!!

1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S
Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:36 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2000 34' Excella
Tucson , Arizona
I'd put the name out there, contact the state AG, local CoC. Wait it out and keep posting. Don't let fear tactics work.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:36 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2016 28' Pendleton
Currently Looking...
Scottsdale , Arizona
Hi from AZ. . . in my opinion that's a GREAT reason to never use Craigslist. Apparently, nobody there cares or monitors much of anything. I'd go away (and flag him as a crook on my way out the door) and sell through Forum classified or elsewhere. just sayin ! ! ! regards, Craig
Old 10-31-2012, 11:14 PM   #4
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
invite him over to look at the trailer, then BEAT the $hit out of him. file a trespassing report with the police or just shoot him, say it was a prowler and you feared for your life.

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:26 PM   #5
Lost in America

2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
Oak Creek , Arizona
Re-register on CL and move on a bit wiser.

The Nest Egg - 2015 Airstream International Serenity 27FB
Silverado 2500HD Chevy Duramax Diesel

mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:38 AM   #6
tpi
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Trabuco Canyon , California
I sold mine through rvtraderonline. I had a few of the calls from agents right off the bat, but sold the trailer successfully through the ad. The response rate was good. I've had success with CL for cheaper stuff before, but on the Airstream I thought the paid listing would be beneficial. Certainly with paid listing flagging would not be a problem.
Old 11-01-2012, 04:58 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

2005 28' Safari
saline , Michigan
CL can be a pain for sure. Try Ebay classifieds. It's free and local to you geographical area. There are no selling fees whatsoever.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:21 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Tampa , Florida
Hahaha, this thread has been awesome. Sorry to hear you're dealing with some gorillas.

You can contact CL and point out that this is happening and they'll look at your posts and see what's going on. They may be able to stop it.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:58 AM   #9
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
I ha ve been on the other side of this withsome scammers on Craigslist. Tne guy knows the ad when it comes up, so rather than relisting the ad, create a new one. It won't come up for him as the same ad. Show it as a different city with a slightly different pirce.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:22 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1995 30' Excella
Bowie , Maryland
First, it usually takes more than one person flagging an ad as a scam for it to be removed, supposedly.

Second, CL users are now conditioned to believe that any Airstream listed is a scam. The ad for my B190 was marked as a scam, for example, which I clearly know it wasn't, since I was the one selling it. Unfortunately there's no recourse.

Solution? Sell it elsewhere. Craigslist has become a complete cesspool of uselessness.

Sold but not forgotten: 1991 Airstream B190
Sold: 2006 F-250 6.0L Powerstroke Supercab
Skater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:02 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
I have tried all the tricks (changing cities, different email, no pictures, different description, etc) and he still finds it & flags it, His job is sitting at a computer & scanning ads, so I'm sure this great fun for him. Door gunner, I'm trying to keep thoughts like that from my mind! I have it listed in other places, but was having a lot of interest through the CL ad. I really am being harassed , input technically, I can't prove it's him. CL does have to make up a few more rules, I think. I had a mower that someone kept flagging because I had it priced low. Luckily, I the guy I sold it to saw the ad before it disappeared ( kinda made me wonder if he was the guy that kept flagging it!) I'll have to experiment on myself to see how many times it has to be flagged before it disappears!

1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S
Old 11-01-2012, 10:46 AM   #12
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
Becky;
my response was somewhat tongue in cheek as last week i had just watched a report on I think it was 60 minutes, about how CL works and what one could "get there>
They interviewed all kinds of crazy people, scammers, fake I.D.s, one guy would even "handle" your problems by making them disappear!!! yup. it's all out there.
Having said that I sold my Hovercraft thru CL quickly, and I did have my airstream listed for a while but was going crazy with people wanting a brand new trailer from one that was 26 years old.
I would use the rv site that an earlier poster recommended. I found my 32 footer from that site. was grand,
Best Wishes, hope it all goes your way.
maybe you should run an ad on a jersey shore newspaper.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:04 AM   #13
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
I would think you could turn this guy into the FBI or something like that. Act like you are playing ball and get all his info and then turn him in. If he wants to see the trailer and it probably won't, take his photo get his tag number etc.

Perry
Old 11-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #14
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by perryg114 View Post
I would think you could turn this guy into the FBI or something like that. Act like you are playing ball and get all his info and then turn him in. If he wants to see the trailer and it probably won't, take his photo get his tag number etc.

Perry
That would take forever & personally, I think the FBI has better things to do.....plus, I don't want to meet the crazy person! (Doorgunner, I knew you were joking! I'm just trying to keep myself from going off on him & making things worse! I've always taught my children to "rise above it" and in this instance, it's kinda hard!

1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S