Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Airstream History
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-12-2012, 08:41 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
Just a little update about the sabotage on CL......I got a call the other day from the owner of the company that initially called me to list my AS with them. He called to apologize profusely for the person who I suspected was flagging all of my ads on CL. Apparently, the guy was a disgruntled employee who had access to the company emails (of which I was a contact) and he sent about 700 people really insulting emails (I had several of them, and, sadly, I responded to them....I was one of the few to not use 4-letter words in my response. He was fired recently for embezzeling $17,000 & will be going to jail, according to the owner of the company. Guess what.....I've posted a few CL ads & they haven't been flagged yet .....ok guys....don't flag my ads!!! So, that's my story, strange as it is!

1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S
Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:35 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
Well hanging in there paid off. I am glad justice prevailed. Good luck on selling your trailer.

Perry
perryg114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:52 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
Hunh. What are the odds that the "disgruntled employee" and the owner are one & the same? Is each of those 700 contacts getting a personal phone call?
Old 11-13-2012, 07:00 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1964 17' Bambi II
Vintage Kin Owner
Schererville , Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
Hunh. What are the odds that the "disgruntled employee" and the owner are one & the same? Is each of those 700 contacts getting a personal phone call?
Well, it's pretty slim. Although the thought did cross my mind. I initially spoke with the owner & tried to email him. That's when things went awry. The owner is a refined man & the guy who emailed me back was, frankly, nuts. The owner had no obligation to phone anyone, but he was in the process of phoning those people who the ex-employee ticked off. I give him credit for fessing up at all (not that I've signed up with him). He answered all of my questions in a way that I thought was truthful (guy's name, where he's from, etc.), so I think he's on the up & up. Anyhow, as I've told my DH, if my biggest fault is trusting people too much, then so be it. There are a lot worse faults!

1964 Bambi II
1988 Avion 32S
Becky B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:11 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1978 31' Sovereign
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckybillrae View Post
if my biggest fault is trusting people too much, then so be it. There are a lot worse faults!
Couldn't agree more with your statement here. I'd rather be trusting and taken a few times throughout my life than be pessimistic about every encounter I have.

Keep your eyes open and if it smells funny, give it a second sniff, but realize that some people just smell funny.
Taylormade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #26
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylormade View Post

but realize that some people just smell funny.
Especially most clowns. Just don't sniff their flowers...