Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-25-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
Rivet Master
 
Dewey , Arizona
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,025
Images: 1
#3 Wally's Trailers, and Who Slept Where

Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	batch 3.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	388.2 KB
ID:	74515   Click image for larger version

Name:	batch 3 (1).jpg
Views:	105
Size:	265.1 KB
ID:	74516  

Click image for larger version

Name:	batch 3 (2).jpg
Views:	124
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	74517   Click image for larger version

Name:	batch 3 (3).jpg
Views:	117
Size:	220.1 KB
ID:	74518  

Click image for larger version

Name:	batch 3 (4).jpg
Views:	120
Size:	300.7 KB
ID:	74519   Click image for larger version

Name:	batch 3 (5).jpg
Views:	117
Size:	358.8 KB
ID:	74520  

Click image for larger version

Name:	batch 3 (6).jpg
Views:	399
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	74521   Click image for larger version

Name:	batch 3 (7).jpg
Views:	121
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	74522  

__________________

__________________
PeeWee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 09:31 AM   #2
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast
 
flyfshr's Avatar

 
1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: I currently do not own a 2nd Airstream
Posts: 4,319
Images: 40
Glorious. More pleeeze.

3,000 posts. Took me long enough.

Brad
FF
__________________

__________________
4CU 2699 / AIR 10 / TAC AZ-1

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:19 AM   #3
Rivet Master
 
Dewey , Arizona
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,025
Images: 1
Honored

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfshr View Post
Glorious. More pleeeze.

3,000 posts. Took me long enough.

Brad
FF
Brad,

To think you did it on my post!

What an honor!

Pee Wee
__________________
PeeWee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:46 PM   #4
Rivet Master
 
Sugarfoot's Avatar
 
1960 24' Tradewind
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,115
WooHOO! Brad! That one almost slipped by. Congratulations on your 3000th post. May you have many more.
__________________
Traveling With Elvis
life with a 1956 Sovereign of the Road

• • • Aluminocentricity • • •
Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:42 PM   #5
Rivet Master
 
2007 25' Safari FB SE
Suburbia , Sunny So Cal
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,756
Should I post a picture of our '07 Safari with the caption. "Dale sat here.?"
__________________
I'd rather be boon docking in the desert.

WBCCI 6731 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:23 AM   #6
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan
 
Minnie's Mate's Avatar
 
2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,693
Images: 7
It is always a pleasure to view photos of the past Airstreams, especially those that belonged to Wally. Thanks Pee Wee.

I think the link to the past is one of the reasons that Airstreams interested me so much in the beginning. They are timeless and buying a new unit is so close to buying a vintage unit in terms of style yet without the issues of maintenance that I am not so good at.

Again, thanks for taking us back to the roots of our aluminum love affair.
__________________
2006 30' Safari - "Changes in Latitudes"
2008 F-250 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab SWB
Family of Disney Fanatics
WBCCI# 4821
http://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:48 AM   #7
Rivet Master
 
willyd's Avatar
 
1993 34' Limited
Melbourne Florida , Springfield Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 757
Images: 5
These pictures are great - where do you find them?
__________________
willyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:53 AM   #8
Rivet Master
 
Jim Clark's Avatar
 
2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 2,077
Images: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyd View Post
These pictures are great - where do you find them?

Bottom left draw of his bureau.

I would bet PeeWee took some of them.
__________________
Jim N5TJZ Air# 174
2012 International Serenity 28
2005 Safari 25 SS Traded
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:34 AM   #9
Rivet Master
 
Dewey , Arizona
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,025
Images: 1
Nanner, Nanner, Nanner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin camping View Post
Should I post a picture of our '07 Safari with the caption. "Dale sat here.?"
The Tres Nanners sit again!
__________________
PeeWee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:46 AM   #10
Rivet Master
 
Dewey , Arizona
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,025
Images: 1
Hand-Me-Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyd View Post
These pictures are great - where do you find them?
I have historical items, saved by Mother (Helen Byam Schwamborn), personal family, Airstream, Caravans and WBCCI; items from Airstream; personal items, family items, Airstream and Caravan from Wally and Stella Byam.

I share all of these items from the Estate of Helen Byam Schwamborn. Upon her death in 2004, I found many items written, photos, and more in her home.

I share everything in good spirit that my Mother's memory is acknowledged, without her forthought to keep this items for me, there would be nothing.

So far my contributions have been in Wanderlust, Airstream at 75; History Dectectives; the Sierra Nevada Unit's website; and Airforums.

I am very proud of the Sierra Nevada site. It is probably the best history site offered to the Airstream World. We have to give kudos to Diane Leipper for the wonderful work she has done in setting up the wide range of items sent to her from the Estate of Helen Byam Schwamborn.

You may share in this wealth of history at this site.

http://sierranevadaairstreams.org/memories/history/peewee/index.html

That you Airform for your kindness, consideratioon for the posted materials. They are for your pride in Airstream and WBCCI.

Pee Wee
__________________
PeeWee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:47 AM   #11
Rivet Master
 
Dewey , Arizona
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,025
Images: 1
Camera Time Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Clark View Post
Bottom left draw of his bureau.

I would bet PeeWee took some of them.
The only pic that I have credit for is the gold trailer in Oregon, with Susan waving.
__________________
PeeWee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:01 PM   #12
Rivet Master
 
66Overlander's Avatar
 
1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Somewhere , in the USA
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,974
Images: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWee View Post
I have historical items, saved by Mother (Helen Byam Schwamborn), personal family, Airstream, Caravans and WBCCI; items from Airstream; personal items, family items, Airstream and Caravan from Wally and Stella Byam.

I share all of these items from the Estate of Helen Byam Schwamborn. Upon her death in 2004, I found many items written, photos, and more in her home.

I share everything in good spirit that my Mother's memory is acknowledged, without her forthought to keep this items for me, there would be nothing.

So far my contributions have been in Wanderlust, Airstream at 75; History Dectectives; the Sierra Nevada Unit's website; and Airforums.

I am very proud of the Sierra Nevada site. It is probably the best history site offered to the Airstream World. We have to give kudos to Diane Leipper for the wonderful work she has done in setting up the wide range of items sent to her from the Estate of Helen Byam Schwamborn.

You may share in this wealth of history at this site.

http://sierranevadaairstreams.org/memories/history/peewee/index.html

That you Airform for your kindness, consideratioon for the posted materials. They are for your pride in Airstream and WBCCI.

Pee Wee
And we are so glad you share and so glad Diane Leipper puts your treasures on-line. I do enjoy perusing the Sierra-Nevada web site from time to time. And of course I enjoy your posts here, too.
__________________
Joe
Wally Byam Caravan Club International Historian
Vintage Airstream Club Historian
WBCCI/VAC #6768

(Looking for a vintage 1960's fiberglass front window guard)
66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:01 AM   #13
Rivet Master
 
soldiermedic's Avatar
 
Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,083
Great pictures. I cannot wait to hear more about the old caravans from Pee Wee next week at the Texas Vintage Rally!
__________________
Streaming Soldiers Blog
soldiermedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:30 PM   #14
4 Rivet Member
 
elbundi's Avatar
 
2005 25' International CCD
Leesburg , Georgia
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 292
Images: 5
whats the story behind the one with 'Western Pacific' written on it? It looks like a stretch 34 footer.
__________________

__________________
...
elbundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
#2 Wally's Trailers, and Who Slept Where PeeWee Airstream History 13 01-26-2009 08:38 PM
Wally's Trailers, and Who Slept Where PeeWee Airstream History 7 01-24-2009 04:24 PM
Wally's Angels?? wildwoodrver WBCCI Forum 10 11-09-2007 03:34 PM
Wally's $5 Plans Uberlanders Vintage Kin 61 01-31-2007 02:40 PM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.