Old 05-29-2006, 08:23 PM   #57

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Gotta give props to anything you can enjoy for 20 years before it falls apart!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:08 AM   #58
Rivet Master
1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Add me to the Weber 'camp'!

Hello all -

Add my 'Chad' to the Weber camp!!!

Have one on the deck. Gas. Used to be a confirmed charcoal user but the wife's pesky need/want to have stuff redone, reheated and 'cooked some more' 15 minutes after I shut if off, well, that made me a confirmed propane lover. The Weber Silver series with the 3 burner tubes is the bomb!!!

Got a baby Weber-Q for SilverToy and it cooks GREAT using the 1lb or 5lb bottles!!! I had 'em drooling at Custer SD for some of the terriyaki chicken I was grillin' - good thing I ALWAYS cook extra!!

SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:36 AM   #59

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
This thread inspired me to pull out the Cobb and smoke up some salmon tonight - yummmm!

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:22 AM   #60
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
Currently Looking...
Naples, FL , Hood River, OR

If you are looking for the BEST (IMHO) portable grill on the market, look into the Solaire IR17-B at It is small, light, totally stainless and cooks by infra red radiation . Very fast and a great way to grill. I've had Charmglows, 5 different Webers, Colemans and a host of others. Nothing compares to the Solaire!!

BTW, I just became a dealer for them so if anyone is interested, PM me and I'll give you the details.
Lew Farber...RVIA Certified Master Tech...ABYC Certified Master Marine Electrician
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:21 PM   #61
2 Rivet Member
1967 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
I picked up my new Bubba Q up yesterday at my local Walmart for $20 on clearance. It is tall enough to cook beercan chickens. It's pretty shiney but I think I need to exercise the old Cyclo to get a real mirror finish.
Aloha - Ronnie aka Lonali - Skipper, First Mate, and Cabin Boy of "The Leaky Tiki" - 1967 Overlander International Land Yacht
bighowdytex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 08:16 PM   #62
3 Rivet Member
2007 19' Safari SE
Seal Beach , California
Thumbs up Weber Q100 ("Baby-Q")

The Q100 arrived today. No more than 10 minutes to unpack, assemble handle/cotter pins, and attach 16.4 oz propane cartridge (the wire support that made it difficult to use the larger propane cartridges wasn't present, I guess in response to the universal complaints about it getting in the way).
The grill is porcelain-coated cast-iron, so no seasoning necessary! But I did season some chicken thighs, threw them on the pre-heated grill, and 10 min later, they were superb. The grill leaves markings of a professional grilling setup! The Q100 is definitely a keeper, with 95% of web reviews in the 5-star range. Of course if you have specialized BBQ needs, like beercan chicken, you'll need a larger grill, but this is a great choice for the rest of us!

"I have found through trial and error that I work best under duress. In fact, I work only under duress." -Ed Abbey

Jerry & Susan
2007 19' Bambi SE; 2010 Ford F-150 5.4L SuperCrew 4x4 w/ FlipPac camper shell
ESCAPE POD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:18 AM   #63
Rivet Master
1967 26' Overlander
Huntsville , Alabama
Weber Carrier

My favorite grill is my full-size Weber. It easily fit into my '84 Suburban for use on the campground.

Since I do not have the truck anymore, I built a fixture to allow the grill to ride safely in my Overlander. You can read about it here:

Adventures of a Curious Fellow: Carrying A Weber Grill Without A Suburban

1967 Airstream Overlander International
TomW is offline   Reply With Quote