Old 10-21-2009, 08:56 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1960 24' Tradewind
1956 30' Sovereign of the Road
1963 16' Bambi
Southeastern Area , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin245 View Post
Ummmm.....I'm thinking that some of Dacia's "Bread Pudding" sure would be good about now.
Y'all and that "bread pudding". I think it's really the Jack Daniels sauce that you want. You just have to come to the Can Opener to have a taste.

• • • Aluminocentricity • • •
Sugarfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #16

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarfoot View Post
Y'all and that "bread pudding". I think it's really the Jack Daniels sauce that you want. You just have to come to the Can Opener to have a taste.
Sauce....Why I never considered such a thing...

Well maybe just little bit...

Ohhh who am I kidding...

"You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do."

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:24 AM   #17
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Salt Lake City , Utah
Hello All...

I have been using Volcano Stoves for many years now and wouldn't part with my odd collection. Although I don't have the propane attachment, I know what these stoves can do. They sure put out a lot of heat with a minimal amount of fuel.

A few years back, the word here in Utah was that they were going out of business, which was hard for me to believe. I still see them selling locally and it doesn't surprise me because they have such a good product. Some of the best bbq's I ever had were grilled on Volcano Stoves. I've even seen people use them indoors at large events, but wouldn't recommend that inside an rv or camper.

You won't be disappointed once you get the hang of cooking on these type of stoves!

That's my five cents worth...
Old 10-21-2009, 11:10 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1978 28' Ambassador
Morada , California
Looks a lot like me Cobb SS cooker, which I read about here on Airforums...

Cobb Portable Grill from Cobb America - The Ultimate Cobb portable grill, BBQ, Smoker and Cooker.

Except the Cobb won't accept a dutch oven...

I love the Cobb for it's easy and efficient operation - most meals use only about 8-10 briquets...

I cooked a whole chicken on the Cobb using 10 briquets, and added some wine/water into the 'moat' in the bottom for added moisture, and the chicken was great after about one hour...the 'dome' on the Cobb gives the dutch oven effect...

The whole rig is SS, so no rust, and when home, you can toss it all in the dish washer for a good cleaning...

I actually bought ours online from Target for the best price I found for a grill with some options...

The Volcano looks like a great oven as well...
Old 10-21-2009, 12:23 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1978 28' Ambassador
Morada , California
If the Cobb is of interest, I found another site with an extensive review of the grill...

Cobb BBQ

The current model has SS mesh around the bottom that stays cool while in use - not the black material shown in the review...
Old 05-22-2010, 10:38 AM   #20
2 Rivet Member

2005 28' International CCD
Maple Plain , Minnesota
Volcano Stoves

Just bought one myself and have only used it once so far. Have the propane attachment and the fire-resistant cloth dome (made from similar cloth that forest-fire fighters carry as a safety blanket). This should allow me to eliminate top coals on the dutch oven and/or use the system in snotty weather.

The dome was in the $30 range, pricey but seemed to make sense. I'm going to make some slip-over tubular leg extenders to raise the stove up off the ground for easier tending

I'll send photos soon as I use it again. Maybe early next week.
Old 05-30-2010, 04:56 PM   #21
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
I kinda like this Volcano Stove. I'll try to follow this thread and keep up with it. Some time ago reading here in the forums I found an old thread about a small wood burning grill. It had a battery powered blower and with a few small chunks of hardwood you could build up some serious grill heat. It was basically a grill only. Not a dutch oven type cooker. When I looked further this mysterious unit was made in Canada. Was pretty expensive and as far as I could find was no longer available. Anyhow, getting off the track of this thread. I like this Volcano cooker and just may have to look into one. Thanks for the idea, and keep the review's comin, enjoy reading about them.

Thanks,
Roger in NJ

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:50 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Colorado Springs , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarlyse View Post
... It had a battery powered blower and with a few small chunks of hardwood you could build up some serious grill heat. It was basically a grill only. Not a dutch oven type cooker. When I looked further this mysterious unit was made in Canada. Was pretty expensive and as far as I could find was no longer available....

Thanks,
Roger in NJ

I had one and liked it a lot. They are still available directly from Woodflame - Delecto You are correct quite expensive. I think the next new grill will be the Volcano.
'77' Minuet 6 Metre, behind a 2005 stock Jeep Rubicon with Equa-L-Zer hitch.
Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:00 AM   #23
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Thanx Royce. Yes that was it the woodflame. I was really impressed with the video demo that I watched. Not sure I would be willing to put out the cash they wanted but I was fascinated with their product. Maybe someday when I hit the lottery. The volcano, however, is a bit more affordable. Have to think on it.

Thanks again for the refrresher,

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote