Old 08-30-2016, 10:44 AM   #85
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
2006 25' Safari SS SE
Austin in winter & Lincoln in summer , Texas & Montana
Grills update

Originally Posted by voyaginator View Post
I am currently looking at purchasing the Volcano collapsible grill.
It has good reviews.
It is very portable, it can be flat down to 5-inch and can burn propane, wood or charcoal.
Well, we have used the Volcano charcoal unit 20 times this summer while camping. It works great for up to 4 people max. Have used the "hot plate" de-fuser 5 times when cooking steaks. We used the "hood" cover all the time and it helps keep this little grill extremely hot cooking very fast. Clean up is easy; brush the grill, turn upside down to empty charcoal out, grab sides and lift while legs fold into small package, slide into canvas case, and zip up. Easy peasy. Have not tried the propane attachment. If you want small compact charcoal grill with lots of heat, and small package, I like this grill.

gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:41 PM   #86
Rivet Master

2012 16' International
Jamestown , Rhode Island
I guess I will jump in here again as it has been a couple of years since I posted in this thread. We grew tired of the Tec Cherokee and while in Florida decided to try a Big Green Egg MiniMax. We have a large BGE at home so we knew what we were in for but...we were not really expecting to like it better than the larger one at home! Low and slow or nuclear high, it is your choice. It is not exactly light weight at 75 or so pounds but we will suffer through whatever we have to to get it along as we travel. It is that awesome!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	36
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	270384  

Barely getting by, towing our 16' Bambi with our Ram 2500 CTD "Moby"!
Bruce B is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 07:36 PM   #87
Berkeley , California
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
Well, we have used the Volcano charcoal unit 20 times this summer while camping. It works great for up to 4 people max. ... I like this grill.
Great ! Thanks gypsydad for the feedback. Just ordered it, and just before the end of this summer

voyaginator is offline   Reply With Quote