Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2016, 09:51 AM   #81
2 Rivet Member

2014 19' Flying Cloud
Livingston , Texas
A
Munchie
2 Rivet Member

2014 19' Flying Cloud
Livingston , Texas
Been following this grill quest for sometime. I currently have a charbroil infrared tabletop. It's just to large and cumbersome to take with us. While in Menards home supplies store I found a small compact grill by Coleman called a "fold and go" it was only $30 so I took a chance. Wow, what a great grill. I've cooked steaks etc. and all have turned out great. I purchased the carry case, the wire grill for coffee pot our stews etc.and the solid griddle. We love it and it just great for the two of us. Go see the YouTube videos reviews. Easy cleanup also.r
Munchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 09:30 AM   #82
Displaced Beach Bum

2016 30' International
Texas Airstream Harbor , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to beachbouy
Overwhelmed researching grills

Looking at grills that connects to low pressure propane supply and very easy to clean and very portable.

Looking at Camco 57305 Olympian 5500 Stainless Steel Portable Grill but open to suggestions.

Has anyone converted the Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Portable Grill2Go Gas Grill to connect to low pressure propane?
We drag Mitzi a 2016 International 30 w/Goodyear Endurance, Equalizer 1000, pulled by a 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 4x4, Crew Cab, 5.3L V8 ECOTEC3, 3.42 axle, 8 speed auto WBCCI #6111

beachbouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 06:49 AM   #83
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
I am using a CADAC Safari Chef. Made in South Africa. It packs down into a case the size of a bowling bag. It has a grill for BBQ, a reversible grill plate / griddle and the lid doubles as a wok. a pot, kettle coffee pot or toaster can fit on the burner when the accessories are lifted off. Totally versatile & compact unit that runs on 1 # disposable bottles or from bulk if you buy a hose adapter.
Gearheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 03:31 PM   #84

Berkeley , California
I am currently looking at purchasing the Volcano collapsible grill.
It has good reviews.
http://goo.gl/JZDXUY
It is very portable, it can be flat down to 5-inch and can burn propane, wood or charcoal.
voyaginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 10:44 AM   #85
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Grills update

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyaginator View Post
I am currently looking at purchasing the Volcano collapsible grill.
It has good reviews.
http://goo.gl/JZDXUY
It is very portable, it can be flat down to 5-inch and can burn propane, wood or charcoal.
Well, we have used the Volcano charcoal unit 20 times this summer while camping. It works great for up to 4 people max. Have used the "hot plate" de-fuser 5 times when cooking steaks. We used the "hood" cover all the time and it helps keep this little grill extremely hot cooking very fast. Clean up is easy; brush the grill, turn upside down to empty charcoal out, grab sides and lift while legs fold into small package, slide into canvas case, and zip up. Easy peasy. Have not tried the propane attachment. If you want small compact charcoal grill with lots of heat, and small package, I like this grill.
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 12:41 PM   #86
Rivet Master

2021 25' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Rhode Island
I guess I will jump in here again as it has been a couple of years since I posted in this thread. We grew tired of the Tec Cherokee and while in Florida decided to try a Big Green Egg MiniMax. We have a large BGE at home so we knew what we were in for but...we were not really expecting to like it better than the larger one at home! Low and slow or nuclear high, it is your choice. It is not exactly light weight at 75 or so pounds but we will suffer through whatever we have to to get it along as we travel. It is that awesome!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	239
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	270384  
Old 08-30-2016, 07:36 PM   #87

Berkeley , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydad View Post
Well, we have used the Volcano charcoal unit 20 times this summer while camping. It works great for up to 4 people max. ... I like this grill.
Great ! Thanks gypsydad for the feedback. Just ordered it, and just before the end of this summer
voyaginator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 03:43 PM   #88
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Providence , Senior Electrical Engineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbouy View Post
Has anyone converted the Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Portable Grill2Go Gas Grill to connect to low pressure propane?
Sorry to resurrect this ancient thread, but I have the same exact question, has anyone done this successfully?

I have the same grill and would like to plug it into the Low pressure port.

Thanks.
Chris
kittmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 07:12 AM   #89
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Holland....

Bob
🇺🇸
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version