Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
HOUSE SPRINGS , MO
Pizza in a 1973 Airstream

We have a mobile wood oven pizza Airstream on the streets in St. Louis - Wanderlust. I can't believe it's been in operation since July and I just found out. I had heard last year that the idea was going around... Here it is!!

Wanderlust Pizza is Fired Up!

Wanderlust Pizza - Photos | Facebook

Wanderlust Pizza Gets Fired Up in an Airstream - St. Louis Restaurants and Dining - Gut Check

I think it's hanging out Saturday at a new local Ale House - Perennial Artisan Ales, I'm making it my destination.

Yay!!!

Tina
Old 09-29-2011, 11:18 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy 24
Currently Looking...
Milltown , Wisconsin
I picture an Airstream rally with the trailers parked in a circle. with this one in the center with smoke coming out of the chimney. Pizza for all!
ventport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:37 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
HOUSE SPRINGS , MO
So, I said I was going to visit the Airstream Wanderlust Pizza Trailer last month, and we were on our way when we got a message that there was an "oven accident" and they were not going to be open that day... and not sure when. Well, about a week or so later, Wanderlust is back on the scene, but not until today did we get to check it out. We found out one of the bricks in the oven had come loose and fallen in - oops . But, all is right with the pizza gurus now!!!

Awesome wood fired pizza and the guys are super nice. I think we tried all that were on the menu today: Caio Italia, Meat Meet Meat, Some Fun Guys, and Califusion. Great crust and toppings were superb. They didn't bake until you ordered and it took about 10 minutes. If you are out and about anywhere near where they are parked - you must stop and get pizza - and yes, we've definitely got to get him to a rally.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wanderlust Pizza 10.29.11.jpg
Views:	633
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	143968  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Wanderlust Pizza 10.29.11.pdf (2.44 MB, 90 views)
Old 10-29-2011, 09:29 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Saint Petersburg , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh2bcarefree View Post
So, I said I was going to visit the Airstream Wanderlust Pizza Trailer last month, and we were on our way when we got a message that there was an "oven accident" and they were not going to be open that day... and not sure when. Well, about a week or so later, Wanderlust is back on the scene, but not until today did we get to check it out. We found out one of the bricks in the oven had come loose and fallen in - oops . But, all is right with the pizza gurus now!!!

Awesome wood fired pizza and the guys are super nice. I think we tried all that were on the menu today: Caio Italia, Meat Meet Meat, Some Fun Guys, and Califusion. Great crust and toppings were superb. They didn't bake until you ordered and it took about 10 minutes. If you are out and about anywhere near where they are parked - you must stop and get pizza - and yes, we've definitely got to get him to a rally.
Wow, that looks like GREAT pizza. Certainly like their choice of tow vehicle, lol
Gotta go look to see if he's got a website, maybe he moves around some???
Thanks, Derek
crazeevw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 04:07 AM   #5
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I spoke with that guy a year ago about what he wanted to do. Very gutsy to have used a single axle trailer for all that weight. He seemed to really just want approval for putting a wood fired oven in a trailer and not really to get the job done. I guess someone told him that it was no problem.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 05:42 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
I will be able to retire in 2.5 years. I have toyed with the idea of doing a roach coach similar to that airstream. I would do something different when it comes to food. I do know a person who does have a roach coach and he likes the roach coach better then the restraunt. Where his is located he does not deal with as much red tape. He does festivals with his when he is not working his restraunt. He feels that when you got the right product to sell they will rake in a good amount of business for you.

Brian
Old 10-30-2011, 07:56 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1993 30' Excella
whitewater , north of cheddar curtain
hope the pans arent pyrex
norby

The only true nobility is found through giving good food to your friends- Anton Careme

beauty is in the eye of the beerholder-cosmo fishhawk

if something is too good to be true, its usually gone before i get there-mister boffo
norbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:31 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Very cool! I love it!!

And, what is a "roach coach"?

Maggie
Old 10-30-2011, 10:30 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Longmont , Colorado
A Roach Coach is a truck or van that goes to construction sites with hot and cold food for sale, at least that is where I first encountered that name.
tphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 12:08 PM   #10
Maniacal Engineer

1971 25' Tradewind
Lopez Island , Washington
The food trucks are getting quite sophisticated these days...

One of the vehicles in the slide show is an Airstream...

-= Bart
barts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:39 AM   #11

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Coronado , California
Awesome graphics, and the pizza looks great. Who did the build out?! I think it's kind of funny that they smashed the 3ft chimney. Didn't see that coming!!
FlyinmyCloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #12
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
HOUSE SPRINGS , MO
Good News for those in California - Bad News for those in St. Louis!

Wanderlust Pizza is leaving St. Louis...

But, for those of you in San Francisco and the Bay Area - you are in for a real treat. If I understand the story correctly, Mr. Wood Pizza's (AKA Erik Jacobs,) wife has taken a new job on the west coast and he's going too... and they are taking Wanderlust. We will really miss his fabulous pizza here in St. Louis. Keep an eye out and enjoy!!

Tina
Old 08-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #13

Ottawa , Ontario
Wanderlust Pizza?

Hello All,

Does anyone know what has happened to Wanderlust? I am interested in doing exactly the same thing only with a tandem model Safari. I'd like to know how his trailer held up with a single axle and if the trailer was built strong enough to handle the extra weight etc., etc.

Ciao,
Marko
Mark_S is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1973, airstream, mobile food, pizza, st. louis