Old 12-12-2017, 06:41 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
I have a 25' Sovereign 1986 model and nothing heavy goes in upper cabinets anywhere in the Airstream. I want the lowest center of gravity should I have to make a quick lane change to dodge another vehicle or object in the road. I do have a complete set of white Corel dishware placed under the sink along with Cuisinart pots, pans and lids. Pots fit inside each other with Pampered Chef pads separating each so they don't scratch the surfaces. Lids give me fits though and they definitely don't go in upper cabinets due to weight. That is the second thing I considered, cabinets riveted to walls don't need much weight in them. Plastic wine glasses go in upper cabinet over stove and next cabinet over as well as the pantry. Ceramic coffee mugs go in the pantry also along with my stainless steel insulated mug. I use plenty of Chinet paper plates because I don't mind doing the dishes, they go in the fire! I know this doesn't cover actual food products but boxes of food items go over the fridge since I don't have a microwave.

davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 10:20 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member

Las Vegas , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverpuller View Post
“Canned good stored as low as possible (nothing can fall off the floor), and can be tucked away in odd nooks and crannies that otherwise wouldn't be used for much.” - Protagonist

Read this and was immediately taken back to my youngster days in a nuke submarine. At the start of a Spec. Op., this how we stowed our canned goods. Yup, on the deck in the berthing compartments. We walked on our chow until it was consumed! Little off topic, but fun.
Oh my goodness, hahaha. That makes two of us. A whole day spent handing cans down the forward hatch, we'd be walking on cans for weeks and God help anyone who had the lowest bunk!!!

Swrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 03:41 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Flying Cloud
Fraser Valley , British Columbia
Really depends on one's personal eating habits.

I do not eat a lot of canned/processed/packaged food, so have little to organize in that respect, other than coffee, tea, and dog food, which doesn't even fill the pull-out pantry. Spices are stored on oven hood (magnetized mini tins).

Fresh food is stored in the fridge (with lots of ice packets) and in a cooler enroute.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	airstream spices.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	346170