Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > Stella's Kitchen
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-02-2008, 12:47 PM   #101
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin sista
A really organized camping friend had one of these picnic caddies and I noticed she made fewer trips in and out of her trailer... Its really nice for this camping mom! I have seen lovely bamboo and wood versions, this works great though if you have to wash it down.
These are great. I got mine at my favorite basket company: Peterboro Basket in Peterborough, NH. Lots of folks in my Unit have purchased them too. It makes for a pretty and easy setup for rally dinners / potlucks.
Attached Images

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:56 AM   #102
Rivet Master

2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
Picardie Rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
what can i say canoe stream....... mediocere minds think alike!!

the 'picardie style' is what i like too, i just couldn't locate a pic.

cheers
2air'
Count me in the mediocre mind group! I've had picardie glasses for home for about 25 years now. Unfortunately, they are no longer available in the US. I ordered some for our AS from the UK. They cost me a lot more than I wanted to pay but if I wanted them I had no other choice. They are the classic European wine glass!
Jimandrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 04:04 PM   #103
2 Rivet Member

1975 29' Ambassador
denman is , b.c.
I would like to make padded compartmentized boxs (made completely from fabric) to carry glasses etc. in the cupboard when on the road. They can be easily stored when not needed, unlike cardboard which take up a lot of room. Socks work well, but still roll around. If anyone has any ideas where I can find patterns or info., would really appreciate it...
kooshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:26 PM   #104
Rivet Master

2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by kooshka
I would like to make padded compartmentized boxs (made completely from fabric) to carry glasses etc. in the cupboard when on the road. They can be easily stored when not needed, unlike cardboard which take up a lot of room. Socks work well, but still roll around. If anyone has any ideas where I can find patterns or info., would really appreciate it...
If you google "glassware storage" you'll find lots of good storage options for glassware. One of them is... Organize-It - China & Glassware Storage Not that expensive either. Probably cheaper than buying the materials to make one.

I just got some pieces from the Container Store for dishes and cups/glasses. They're at The Container Store - The Original Storage and Organization Store®
Old 05-03-2008, 10:39 AM   #105
2 Rivet Member

1975 29' Ambassador
denman is , b.c.
HEY !!!! Thank you, thank you. I sure appreciate the come-back. Just what I was looking for, and all "I " gotta to do is order it.
kooshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 08:07 AM   #106
Rivet Master

2008 28' Safari SE
Placitas , New Mexico
Picardie Glasses are Still Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoeStream View Post
Sometimes when I listen to 2air' I think I'm hearing my echo. Duralex? Exactly! Especially this style: Duralex Picardie Tempered Glass Tumblers and Mugs - break-resistant for hot or cold beverage
The original Picardie glasses are no longer in production but they can still be found occasionally.

Here's a current eBay listing...
http://cgi.ebay.com/SET-of-6-NEW-FRE...3A1|240%3A1318
--
Attached Images

Air 10899 since 1/06
WBCCI 2484