Old 12-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #15
4 Rivet Member
1964 22' Safari
1962 28' Ambassador
enosburg , Vermont
Natures Dinner....One pan, prefer cast iron. 2 tblspn oil, 1 to 1 1/2 lb hamburg, 1/2 cup chopped onion, 1/2 cup water, 1/2 lb grn beans [fresh better than can], 8-10 new potatoes [small or slice-em] 2 cloves chopped garlic, 1 tsp tobasco [2 for me], 1/2 tsp oregano, 1 tsp salt, 1 bay leaf, 2 fresh tomatoes- diced [caned in a pinch].....Heat oil, brown meat & onion. Add the rest except tomato. Cover & simmer 1.5 hr. Add tomato last 30 min. Idiot proof, I'm a guy and I can't screw it up!!!!Don't tell me you don't have those spices, every real man has-em in the cabnet with his bourbon!! Next week upside down beef & sausage pizza. Stovetop, same cast pan. 2 inches thick. Need two beers per slice!!!!!!

putback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member
1976 27' Overlander
Hartford , Alabama
Cowboy breakfast,
Brown 1 pound ground sausage, season how you like, I use hot sausage and garlic, remove sausage and drain grease, fry about 5 medium sliced potatoes in bacon grease in the same pan until turning brown and soft. I microwave my potatoes first or it takes forever, cover with the sausage, pour 6 wisked eggs over top, cover and cook on med. until eggs are done on top, remove from heat and put shredded chedder cheese to your liking on top. Slice like a pie and start your day.

Valacidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member
2004 30' Classic
Beaumont , Texas
Ranch Style Beans/Hamburger

Easy, easy one skillet meal. I love this and a caveman could make it. Take 1 lb. hamburger cook and drain oil from skillet. Add to skillet 1 large coarse chopped onion and cook for 3-5 min. Put cooked hamburger back in with onions. Add 1 or 2 cans of Ranch Style beans, simmer for 10-15 min., enjoy. If I looks a little dry add some water.

Cheese corn bread fixed in your convection oven goes very well with meal.
Olie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:36 PM   #18
Rivet Puller
2004 28' Safari S/O
Marietta , Georgia
You can use canned chicken for this or buy a pre-cooked chicken at the store.

12 corn tortillas, cut into bite sized pieces
3 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
1 10-ounce can Ro*Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chiles
1 10-ounce can red enchilada sauce
1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
1/2 cup grated Cheddar
1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack
1/2 avocado, sliced thin
1/4 cup chopped cilantro

Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat the pan over medium heat.
Add the corn tortillas and cooked chicken to the pan and cook until heated through, stirring often.
Pour the undrained Ro*Tel, enchilada sauce, and tomato sauce into the pan with 1/4 cup of each cheese. Stir to combine well. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Sprinkle on the remaining cheese, top with the avocado and cilantro before serving.

Dinner in less than 15 minutes!
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:15 AM   #19
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Originally Posted by karenjude View Post
Mexican soup:

2 or 3 cans chicken broth
2 or 3 cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
Cooked chicken ( we buy the cooked diced Perdue chicken southwest flavor when on sale but any cooked chicken will do)
Rice ( either leftover or cook it right in the soup)

Heat and top with shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips. Cilantro too if you like it.

Easy, easy, easy! It is a family and guest favorite. Use equal amounts of chicken broth and tomatoes. Add 2 cans for more stew like and 3 for more soup like.
We have friends who make something similar, and it has become a favorite of ours, usually starting with one of those half-pound chicken breasts we cook in the broth.

We add a can of black beans and one of corn.

You can put this in a crock pot, too.

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #20
Got gandkids?

1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Easiest Recipe ever

You will need:

A Crock-pot or Dutch over (Charcoal powered)
A pot roast
Some potatoes
Some celery
Some onions
Some mushrooms (optional)
If you're really feeling frisky, an envelope of onion soup mix.

As soon as you finish Maggies' Potato and eggs for breakfast, get out yer crock-pot. Put some water in the bottom of the crock-pot (or dutch oven). Put the roast in the pot. Slice some potatoes into the pot. Slice some celery into the pot. Slice some onions into the pot. Add the mushrooms. Make sure pot is full to near the top. Let cook from breakfast 'till dinner. Eat.

Makes enough to feed a small Georgia County or our family. Left-overs freeze well.

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:16 PM   #21
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I watched Rachel Ray make this one day, copied it down, and it has become a favorite at our house.

The flavors combine to make a restaurant quality dish. Absolutely scrumptious.

Add a fresh something, like fruit or a salad, some good bread , and dinner is ready.

In a large skillet:

1 1/2 cuos each sliced onion and sliced fennel
4 cloves garlic, chopped
Saute in 2 tablespoons olive oil til soft

Add 1 large can (32-ish ounces) of good quality, diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley and 2 cups water. Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.

Cook about an hour, covered, removing cover last 15 minutes. You could do this in a crock pot, if you liked, or cook to this point when you have time...and reheat.

Add 4-6 pieces firm white fish, like red snapper, halibut, haddock, etc., and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper. Cook til fish is done.

Serve fish in bowls with crazy water over. Yum!

Old 01-27-2015, 11:41 PM   #22
1 Rivet Member
1989 29' Excella
Brownsboro , Texas
My wife got a dump dinner and dump cake cookbook for Christmas. It has alot of easy skillet recipes in it.
troy1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:30 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
Unstuffed peppers.
1 lb. ground beef
3 peppers, 2 green 1 red for color
i med onion
1 cup rice
2 cups V8
dash of Tabasco
Brown the meat put in pot
chop up and saute the onion and add to the pot
chop up the peppers and add to the pot
add rice, V8 and tabasco and stir until all is uniformly distributed
simmer for half an hour to cook the rice and serve
Gearheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:58 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member
2008 27' International FB
1999 19' "B" Van Airstream 190
Marietta , Georgia
Here's one we made last night:

Cheese tortellini
Cooked chicken ( leftovers or I use the Perdue cooked diced chicken - I take it out of the box and freeze it in the plastic, then defrost for use. Takes up very little room)
Leftover vegetables - we used sliced cherry tomatoes and broccoli.

Cook and drain tortellini - add the rest of the ingredients. The heat from the tortellini heats it all up. One pot. Good!

The tortellini, pesto and chicken can all be frozen so its something easy to put together when cupboard is bare.
karenjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:59 AM   #25
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
One box of your favorite rice mix......Uncle Ben's Long Grain & Wild was a favorite of ours, or Zatarain's Spanish Rice.

Cut up and brown one chicken breast or one boneless pork chop, add the Uncle Ben's with required amount of water, cover and cook til done.

Brown 1/2 pound ground beef, add the Zatarain's with its water and can of tomatoes, cover and cook til done. Top with shredded cheese of choice. I have also done this with a can of black beans, drained, with or without the beef.

Cook 1/2 pound of your favorite pasta. Drain and toss with a dab of butter, a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, chopped garlic, lots of black pepper and one bag of baby spinach. Serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.

Preferring generally to cook everything from scratch, it is just so much simpler in the tiny galley of the Interstate to do one-dish meals.

If you're ever in Minnesota, look for one of their Hotdish cookbooks.....every combination of ingredients imaginable, all in one dish.

Old 01-28-2015, 10:03 AM   #26
4 Rivet Member
2014 22' FB Sport
San Antonio , Texas
Here is a link I came across that has some good ideas and recipes for small kitchen applications:

The Boat Galley — getting the most out of your boat kitchen . . . and more!.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:27 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Good ideas. We don't cook enough on the road.

Sent from my pocket Internet using Airstream Forums
'The Silver HamShack' (2007 International 22FB CCD 75th Aniversary model)
Multiple Yaesu Radios inside and many antennae sprouting from roof, ProPride hitch
2012 shortbed crewcab 4x4 Toyota Taco TV with more antennae on it
rmkrum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 06:57 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member
Vintage Kin Owner
Bartlett , Illinois
I make this in a Dutch(Camp) Oven.

Redneck Gourmet Kielbasa Stew
1 lb. bacon, cut in pieces
1 pkg. kielbasa cut into 1/2 pieces
1 pkg. little smokies
6 polish sausages, cut in 1/2 pieces
1-2 sweet onions, chunked
6-8 carrots, sliced
1 ea. green, red and orange bell pepper, chunked
1 bunch broccoli, cut into pieces (optional)
2 tbsp. italian seasonings
1 tbsp. garlic powder
salt and pepper
Cook bacon in Dutch oven until partially done. Add keilbasa, little smokies, and polish sausage. Cook about 10 minutes. Add potatoes, carrots, onion, bell peppers and seasonings. Stir well. Cook in a dutch oven over medium heat. cook for 45 minutes to an hour stir every 15 minutes. Add broccoli last 15 minutes of cooking time.

In a Dutch(camp) oven......

If there are any left overs, we add about 8-12 scrambled eggs and some shredded cheese to the the top of the left over stew and cook till the eggs set up and you have a great breakfast.

Bluestar99 is offline   Reply With Quote