Old 01-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #29
65th Anniversary CLIPPER

1996 36' Clipper Bus
Tub City , British Columbia
I vote for the least waste, and recycle what you can.
And when we travel and fuel at Husky/Mohawk/BCAA in Western Canada we always get free refills in our take out cups and that gets us another couple hours down the road.
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillpoints View Post
With a french press the organic grounds are the only things that are cast out. When traveling it may be hard to compost as we do at home, but even if it is throw into a land fill, it will decompose and add organic matter to an other wise large mass of trash.

I guess that is why I am choosing to restore an AS when I could have purchased a throw away SOB for the same price.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappy19 View Post
We have a Keurig single cup coffee maker that we plan on taking on our 6 week excursion. Anyone else have one or use one on the road?

Pap
I got one for Christmas. I like the variety and convenience. It makes a perfect hot cup of coffee without any trouble or mess and looks good in my kitchen at home. I have seen the smaller version. I am interested in getting a reusable filter and/or caps to reuse the kcups. There seem to be a lot of choices online. Good to know about the coffee club and free shipping. I like the Green Mountain coffees too. Anyone try the holiday 3 variety pack with caramel and biscotti?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
I got one for Christmas. I like the variety and convenience. It makes a perfect hot cup of coffee without any trouble or mess and looks good in my kitchen at home. I have seen the smaller version. I am interested in getting a reusable filter and/or caps to reuse the kcups. There seem to be a lot of choices online. Good to know about the coffee club and free shipping. I like the Green Mountain coffees too. Anyone try the holiday 3 variety pack with caramel and biscotti?
Carol, I have a couple of the different reusable k-cups and have not been especially pleased with them. Maybe there is a trick to making them work, but the results have so far not been to my liking. My favorites are the Green Mountain free trade Rain Forest espresso and recently the Starbucks Sumatra. The Sumatra is the best, most full bodied K-cup coffee that I have tried.