Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
mt. olive , North Carolina
Question Ideas needed for outdoor kitchen, with sink

my wife and i have been camping on our airstream, and have been seeing the newer square cornered campers that have an opening in the rear side, that have a #1 sink, fridge, small counter top, and a swing away grill. now, of course, not to be out done, we've been trying to look for "ready made" types of kitchens, but that's not going to clean the cook top to out vintage "fire and ice cooler/ grill" we have, nor is it big enough to clean our dutch oven we use when we cook over the fire, which is what we try to do every time. also, it needs to correspond, of course, with the style, and quality of airstream, as we have become so fond of ours.

we would like to get some ideas, other than our own, or pictures, or anything we could to help us on our airstream adventure that we have, really, just started on
lookin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
Site Team

2007 30' Classic S/O
Somewhere , South Carolina
Your inquiry caught me attention as to the outdoor cooking and Dutch oven stuff. A tag along chuck wagon sounds interesting, but never seen one that was just cooking based. I used to use a 5X8 utility trailer setup as a haul-it-all including all utensils, countertop, tents, bikes, storage, firewood, cast iron etc. We now carry some cast iron and keep what we want in the trailer rear compartment and cleanup has been outdoors type, it doesn't go in the AS for cleaning.

Your request/idea sounds interesting. Design it, and include a smoker in the layout that looks like an Airstream, wow!

Next month, at Tom Johnson's in Marion NC a forum rally is scheduled, we'll be doing some cooking, but fire based cooking will be limited due to layout and such. Not too late to sign up, its on the forum rally.

Gary
S/OS #001 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L 6 Speed
16" Michelins, Hi Spec Wheels, Max Brake, Dexter 4 Piston Disc Brakes, Carslile Actuator, Equal-I-Zer, Dill TPMS. Campfire cook. BMV-712. DEMCO 21K Lb Cast Iron coupler
GCinSC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Lookin1, come join us in Marion for Alumalina. The outside kitchen idea could be good fodder for campfire chatter, without the campfire.
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
mt. olive , North Carolina
would love to go, but we're getting ready to have a solar system installed on the shop, as well as finishing our remodel to the inside of it too. we tend to lean toward what needs to be done, and get it done first. we purchased our stella from ga., a year and a half ago, and we've only been out 3 times.it sure seems nice to pull up, stop, set up, and be happy with our 30+ year old camper, while we watch the new square corner ones start breaking apart at the campground.

i do have some ideas for the kitchen, but i guess it'll have to wait it's turn
lookin1 is offline   Reply With Quote