Old 03-25-2010, 06:24 AM   #29
Rivet Master
Elkhart , Indiana
Send a message via AIM to memgrove2000
I am with Frank on this one. The first one up in the morning turns on the oven and before the kids are asking for food the cinnamon rolls are ready and the trailer smells OH SO GOOD...

I do like to play with campfire cooking and dutch oven recipies but in the morning one just cant beat the Magic Chef!

Have a great day!

TAC # IN 1 Air#27922
memgrove2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:28 AM   #30
Site Team

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
And, in a pinch or by choice, a heavy skillet with a lid will bake biscuits, cinnamon rolls, cookies, refrigerator french bread, etc. Medium heat, turn a couple of times and----tadaaaa! Fresh baked goods without even a Dutch Oven.

🏡 🚐 Cherish and appreciate those you love. This moment could be your last.🌹🐚❤️
Lily&Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 07:50 AM   #31
3 Rivet Member
1991 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
Sidney , Ohio
Cooking is a hobby I inherited from both grandmothers. I have retired and am pursuing this hobby in various forms. Dutch ovens, campfires, cast iron skillets, etc. Why an ovenette? Because I find it an interesting cooking method. I can cook outside on the Coleman and visit with people who drop by to see what I am making and how I am making it. It just seems to be my experience that when I am outside enjoying my first coffee of the day with the cinnamon rolls in the ovenette, people follow their noses. I can cook inside my AS, but I love being outdoors and visiting.

H2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 08:45 AM   #32
2 Rivet Member
1975 31' Sovereign
Canby , Oregon
H2K, couldn't agree with you more. There is nothing like a Stack of Dutch Ovens to peak
someone interest as they walk be. I can truly say their more than a pot their a conversation magnet. What better way to start the day than a good cup of coffee and meeting new friends.
davenpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:27 PM   #33
Rivet Master
1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
I just found this thread the other day while waiting to see if my trailer oven could be repaired (which it can't as I now know) Looked on Ebay and found an Ovenette complete set, never used. Luckily I bid and won so will soon be baking again in my trailer. I noticed some people said certain ingredients cause a problem with the metal in the pans. What happens? Will using a foil liner in the pan prevent it? Don't want to ruin my nice new set....

cclarkego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:54 PM   #34
Rivet Master
1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
Well since my oven is kaput, I practiced using the Ovenette with great success, baking and roasting. Easy to use and cleanup is quick, plus no heating up the trailer. However yesterday I just made a trade, a vintage clock for a brand new Magic Chef Range/Oven to be ordered for me so the Ovenette is going back on Ebay for auction. Moving in my trailer full time is making me realize just how valuable every inch of space can be....

cclarkego is offline   Reply With Quote