Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > Stella's Kitchen
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-17-2007, 02:24 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Got Turkey?

What kinds of plans do you all have for Thanksgiving?..anyone having turkey, or traveling out of town in the a/s?, or having company?
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:31 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Vegas Baby!

We are traveling to Las Vegas and will be cooking turkey, peas n onions, biscuits, mashed taters n gravy in the AS at the Oasis RV Resort. Can't wait!
Welcome to Oasis Las Vegas RV Resort
Old 11-17-2007, 02:41 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
Hi Steve,

Sounds yummy!!!..have fun at your resort!..we'll stay in town Tukey Day, have the kids and grandkids and my mom and brother over..then the next day, on to a/streamin!
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:04 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Camping in the Monadnock Region of NH for Thanksgiving

We are camping during Thanksgiving again this year. My sister and her husband are joining us in their Argosy Minuet.

How we do it:

Most of the food is prepared and cooked outside. The turkey in an electric roaster and the veggies are done up on the 3 burner Campchef then transferred to crockpots to be kept warm until dinner. We will set the table for 4 in our 25' Excella. It's tight, but we had 6 for Thanksgiving last year and that was tighter. Apple pie will be in our galley's oven baking during the feast, after dinner we'll do the cleanup / dish washing outside (having heated up the water in big pots on the Campchef) and return to the camper for dessert. If it's not raining we will spend the evening around the campfire, wrapped in blankets cause it's wicked cold outside this time of year.

I love camping for Thanksgiving. Next year will be an even bigger event because we are co-hosting a NEU Thanksgiving Rally in Plymouth, MA (Home of the Pilgrims).

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:29 PM   #5
LJH
Rivet Master

1985 27' Sovereign
Defiance , Ohio
I'll be working.....hmmmm....that hardly seems right. Big dinner afterward though, with the Lovely Mary
LJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 09:58 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
We are hosting a traditional Thanksgiving Day dinner for friends at our home...BUT we are planning to leave for a long weekend the day after Thanksgiving...somewhere close by. So for the Turkey-Day gathering, we are getting the Bambi ready to roll ahead of time and will pull it out of it's port and park it in the driveway with awning down and chairs out so that our friends can enjoy it if they choose. We are also going to have the cable hooked up and that's where those who want can watch the big game that day...we might even use the oven for an extra warming oven if we need it. The next day all we'll have to do is put in the leftovers, hitch up and away we go! (Now we just have to decide where we're going! )

TB
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:02 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
No camping....food...lots of food.

We are going to smoke a breast of Meleagris gallopavo (aka Turkey).

yum.

Steve
Old 11-17-2007, 10:45 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Our daughter and family will drive up from Oakland, about 2 1/2 hour drive. Hopefully they will not attempt that on Thanks-eve but early Thanksgiving Day. While they are sharing the road will others on their way to Grans house I will begin by prepping the barbeque to do the 20 lb bird. When they arrive my son-in-law and I will down some beer and watch the football games and Lynn and Tiffany (daughter) will busy themselves in the kitchen. The turkey pretty much is on it's own slow cooking in the barbee. We will all look forward to a phone call from son, Todd, a Navy corpsman stationed in Maryland. The next day, Black Friday Lynn and our daughter will join the other crazed shoppers down in Sacramento about 45 minutes from here. The 'Boys', Nate (11 mos), Ian (4 1/2 years), their dad, Matt (37) and me (old) will be kicking back. The Trade Wind will rest up on the RV pad for Christmas whense it will become a guest house. Happy Thanksgiving all.
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:50 PM   #9
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
Roast stuffed turkey breast on my new stainless BBQ.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote