Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > Stella's Kitchen
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-31-2015, 09:36 PM   #421
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojofilter View Post
I have a whistling tea kettle, a Melitta #6 filter funnel, and a vacuum carafe. I make the drip coffee straight into the carafe. Not only is this the best method for no 120 VAC hookup, it is the best tasting coffee regardless of power source. Making 120 volts off a battery is really hard on them - I should say highly inefficient. I find the french press really messy, and the flavor not as good. Melitta has the funnel/carafe combo on their website.
I'm a Melitta guy too and just traded in my large plastic cone for this smaller silicone Collapsible Drip Cone. It saves a lot of storage space. I use it with an insulated 10 cup stainless carafe and it keeps the coffee hot for hours.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:08 PM   #422
Free Range Human

2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Haines , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
They brought it back!!!

They made one a bunch of years ago, and then they discontinued it.

I thought I would just use their old standard filter holder in my own thermal caraffe, but it won't fit; they're made to fit into a wide-mouthed pot, and thermal carafes generally have a very narrow opening in the top.

So I've just used the one-cup version.

I'll have to grab one of the carafe versions before they decide to dis-continue it again.
The long neck #6 filter holder fits directly into a Stanley thermos. It's handier than the carafe.
Drathaar is offline   Reply With Quote