Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Garlic bread from the oven

Click image for larger version

Name:	Garlic bread 4-15-11 small.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	205.5 KB
ID:	127071

It's cold with rain and snow here today. I made garlic bread with basil and parsley to warm up the house. When the bread comes out of the oven I baste it with oil marinated in garlic and hot peppers:-)
Splitrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:47 PM   #2
Airstreamer

2012 27' FB International
Bellevue , Washington
That looks like a perfect loaf of garlic bread! Would you mind sharing your recipe? Did you make it from scratch? I have been wanting to make bread on our Airstream now for some time. I am currently saving up $$ to buy a Le Crueset (sp?) dutch oven so I can make "no knead" bread. I imagine that wuold be very easy to prepare on the Airstream. I am hungry now!
Old 04-15-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
I have a Kitchenaid mixer with a dough hook for mixing. I don't really have a recipe. Nothing written down. I used 3 cups reverse osmosis water, about 6 cups bread flour, 1/4 cup gluten, 2 1/2 tablespoons red star dry yeast, 1 tablespoon cane sugar, about 1/4 cup canola oil, 1 teaspoon salt, liquid garlic, basil, and parsley. I made three loaves. I took the dough after it doubled in volume (about 1 hour). I let it double in the pan and baked it at 375 degrees for about 1/2 hour.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #4
Airstreamer

2012 27' FB International
Bellevue , Washington
Wow! Thanks so much for sharing -- I will give that a try at home since we don't have a kitchen aid on our Airstream (but now I'm thinking about that, lol!). I love the liquid garlic idea.

What is reverse osmosis water?? I am so curious as to how it affects the bread. I'm also excited that you add gluten to your bread -- does it make it chewy-er?
Old 04-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
I just wrote "reverse osmosis" water because that's what I used:-) It's tap water, filtered, softened, and pushed through a membrane. I may have studied reverse osmosis but I can't remember exactly how it works. I do remember that it takes about everything including fluoride, and chlorine from the water. Of course chlorine's job is to kill things (like yeast):-)

The oil on the crust right out of the oven makes the crust soft but chewy and well flavored. I brush that oil on with a pastry brush. Baking pans are sprayed with Pam for easy release. Life is good:-)
Old 04-15-2011, 05:56 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Looks delicious!

Now, a little fresh pasta lightly tossed with perhaps a good basil pesto or fresh marinar and plenty of freshly grated cheese. That's what's for dinner tonight!

Maggie
Old 04-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
Looks delicious!

Now, a little fresh pasta lightly tossed with perhaps a good basil pesto or fresh marinar and plenty of freshly grated cheese. That's what's for dinner tonight!

Maggie
:-) That works for me!

Gary