Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > Stella's Kitchen
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-03-2015, 04:00 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1972 29' Ambassador
Boynton Beach , Florida
Fusti- You know you want one!

I guess I'm getting more enamored with stainless steel lately... I picked up a 5 liter fusti from Amazon, which is a mini-keg for liquids. It'll be the drinking water for the Airstream. I'm installing a reverse osmosis water system under the sink in the house, that'll fuel it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It definitely resonates with the Airstream look. Better than slurping water from those nasty 2.5 gal. jugs!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	51yzV9j22oL.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	233503  
SuzyHomemakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:36 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Santa Clarita , California
Fusti love!

I love Fustis!

When I outfitted our Airstream last year I spent way too much time finding ways to use Stainless Steel, Glass or Silicone for everything that would touch anything we ate or drank. ...trying to limit the number of funky chemicals we take in for health reasons.

My original setup was a 5 liter Minox Fusti for the fridge and a 4 gallon-ish Minox Fusti for the counter (or in a cabinet). We abandoned the fridge option pretty quickly, though because the flow rate out of the little Fusti was really slow and it took forever to fill a glass - with the fridge door open the whole time.

The last few trips we've been keeping the 4 gallon Fusti in the truck and using it to refill the 5 liter one, which lives on the counter by the sink. I've been frustrated by the flow rate on the little one still (the big one has a faster flow rate) so I'll be looking into ways to fix that. Also, we're selling our house and moving in to the airstream fulltime soon, so it'll be interesting to see what setup we settle on after fulltiming for a while!

We got ours together from the Olive Oil Source Wholesale Store. The combined cost was just enough to meet their minimum order requirement so we saved some $$$ by getting their wholesale prices.

Kristen
Ryan&Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 06:29 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' Bambi
2020 27' Globetrotter
Chicago , Illinois
Love 'em too!

I have 2 of the 5L which I fill with filtered water from my frig at home.

Kristen, I find that if I loosen the lid on top to let air in the container, the flow is faster.

Nancy
Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:14 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2015 27' FB International
Santa Clarita , California
Great suggestion!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Opening the lid a bit noticeably increased the flow rate. I'll have to see if it ends up being fast enough, but for now I can postpone the hunt for a wider diameter valve!
Ryan&Kristen is offline   Reply With Quote