Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > Stella's Kitchen
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-30-2017, 04:51 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Excellent thanks for the quick reply. Looks great!

https://www.amazon.com/STANLEY-Class...+press+stanley

Quite a few other options on that page as well.
OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:55 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure.AS View Post
. . .
The problem with resurrecting old threads with a new post is that people complain about that too.
No complaints here so far . . .

Old 07-30-2017, 05:00 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidIowa View Post
We use a stainless steel press.
. . .
What brand and model do you use please, David?

Thanks,

Peter
Old 03-12-2018, 10:47 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
So for all of us who like using aFrench Press to make our coffee here is a new one to look at.
It is called "Rite Press -The 'No Mess' French Press". I saw this on Indiegogo and looks very interesting especially the way they make clean up look so easy. You can find it on Facebook or Indiegogo.
Just might have to purchase one to add to my collection.
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 11:33 AM   #25
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
We have used the Dr. Peter Schlumbohm method since 1972 with excellent results.

Bob
Old 03-12-2018, 12:04 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by urnmor View Post
. . .
Rite Press -The 'No Mess' French Press
. . .
Thanks for the heads up. Good looking!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...s-french-press
Old 03-12-2018, 02:19 PM   #27
jcl
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Vancouver , British Columbia
We won't change from our Espro. Vacuum insulated, unbreakable, but most importantly, a much better filter (double micromesh) so a cleaner tasting coffee.

Clean up does look easier on the one linked above.
jcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 01:25 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

1972 31' Excella 500
2017 30' Classic
Grapeview , Washington
Over many years of drinking coffee from every type of coffee maker/type/method brought into my life by my wife, always good and always an adventure.

Kindly suggest looking at this maker/method. Down and dirty for travel.

http://www.aeropress.com/

On another note we make coffee from different makers and not just one. We also grind our beans.

Best regards and safe travels
sbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:08 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbowman View Post
Over many years of drinking coffee from every type of coffee maker/type/method brought into my life by my wife, always good and always an adventure.

Kindly suggest looking at this maker/method. Down and dirty for travel.

http://www.aeropress.com/

On another note we make coffee from different makers and not just one. We also grind our beans.

Best regards and safe travels
After my Delonghi espresso machine the Aeropress has become my second favorite method to a good brew up. A lot depends on the coffee quality, roast, freshness, grind, water temperature and timing of each step in the process. There was bit of a learning curve but I get lucky most morning and get it all right.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 08:31 AM   #30
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Here is one more coffee machine. It is the Sous Vide machine to make "cold brew". I have not made however I thought it was interesting for all of you coffee lovers. Sous Vide "Cold Brew" Coffee. Just cut and paste "sous vide coffee makes for a better brew" and place in your search engine and it should come up.

I lifted this from the anova web site. "Waiting 12-24 hours for delicious cold brew coffee is a thing of the past. Unleash the power of your Anova Precision Cooker and deliver incredible sous vide cold brew coffee in a fraction of the time. Find out why sous vide coffee makes for a better brew with Anova with coffee aficionado and #anovafoodnerd Johnny Gabaldon and learn how to set up a sous vide cold brew coffee experiment of your own."
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 02:56 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Jacksonville , Florida
I use the French press when kayak camping along side the river. The 4 minutes the thing steeps is time the only pot is cooking breakfast.

In the Airstream we use a drip rig with automatic timer. Nothing beats a cup ready and waiting when I get up.
Overstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 04:04 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
I love my delonghi espresso maker, it makes a great cuo with thick foam on top. yumm.
i use my french press yo make cold brew which sits in the fridge overnight and tastes great, the best iced coffee you can make.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 05:19 PM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
Midlothian , Texas
Melitta

Yes - I spent a LOT of time overseas and we cannot go - the truck won't move!! - unless we have a supply of fresh coffee beans and a grinder and the Melitta and a hot water pot (and it's nice to have a Thermos for the leftover coffee) - the Airstream and truck simply will not move without all of this - BUT - it's worth it!!
TexasMarci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:27 AM   #34

2018 Basecamp
Riverside , California
Aeropress

I used to use a French press coffee maker while tent camping, but soon realized the mess was a pain. I switched to the Aeropress and haven't looked back. There is a method of inverting it before you add water and steep, that makes cleanup a breeze. I have a Hario manual grinder that I use for my beans. It helps me wake up in the mornings when I'm enjoying the stillness you can get in the great outdoors.

I haven't used my brand new AS yet (just got it yesterday), but I plan on putting my trusty Aeropress inside; don't see a need to replace it.
bartcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 11:21 PM   #35
2 Rivet Member

Grants Pass , Oregon
Ah ha, I'm beginning to think I've found my people! We've been using instant coffee for tent camping, but its never been satisfying. For our annual Fathers Day trip I brought the french press. Delicious, tiny, cups of coffee, with clean up that when multiplied by three coffee drinkers (Four, my youngest found a way to sneak past my "Must be 18 to drink coffee" rule, somehow) It took forever. I've been wondering how we would caffinate in an AS. I'll be looking into these options.
shadesohippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 09:42 AM   #36

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadesohippy View Post
Ah ha, I'm beginning to think I've found my people! We've been using instant coffee for tent camping, but its never been satisfying. For our annual Fathers Day trip I brought the french press. Delicious, tiny, cups of coffee, with clean up that when multiplied by three coffee drinkers (Four, my youngest found a way to sneak past my "Must be 18 to drink coffee" rule, somehow) It took forever. I've been wondering how we would caffinate in an AS. I'll be looking into these options.
Need bigger press.

I have both an Aeropress and a large stainless vacuum-insulated French press in the Flying Cloud. (and a pour-over cone with some paper filters and generally a few of those little Starbucks Via packets for dire emergencies and a Hario hand-grinder and I sometimes take a moka in the winter.) No, I don't have a coffee problem, why do you ask?

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 07:53 PM   #37
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Bainbridge Island , Washington
Aeropress makes very good cafe americano, and easy to clean up. But, only one or two cups at a time.
pwlldvd is offline   Reply With Quote