Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2013, 07:39 AM   #21
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by urnmor View Post
I like the looks of the table. Looked on web for it and only found it at fireraft.Other places said they were out of stock. so I was wondering how it held up. any thoughts

Thanks
Holds up fine. I don't use the cloth ice bucket that fits under the grill between the legs, but I use the rest of the table all the time. It can take a bit of fiddling with the straps to get the tension on the legs just right, but once you've adjusted it, it stays adjusted, even when you put it away and set it up again. With the straps properly tensioned it's very stable.

The table doesn't provide any working surfaces, so the thing to do is set it up next to the picnic table, and use a cutting board on the picnic table as your working surface for meal prep.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
I like the idea of the table and as it is not that expensive I might pick one up.
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #23

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Does anyone have any of the accessories, like the grill rack or the frying pan or wok? Mine just has the teflon grill top that came with it, but I see they have added these other accessories since I bought mine (several years ago).

I haven't had it out yet this year, but after reading this, I'm thinking tonight I might have to grill something tonight. My favorite thing I've made on it is Korean BBQ flank steak, if I can find the steak, it's hard to come by around here.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #24
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefrobrts View Post
Does anyone have any of the accessories, like the grill rack or the frying pan or wok? Mine just has the teflon grill top that came with it, but I see they have added these other accessories since I bought mine (several years ago).
I ended up buying the "Kitchen in a bag" set, which had all of the accessories. It was cheaper to buy them as a set than to get them a la carte. So far, I've used them all at least once, except the wok and the two-piece "beer can chicken" rack, but it probably won't be long before I use the wok as well.
Old 08-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #25

1968 17' Caravel
The wok is the one I'm most tempted to try.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:42 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
I also have the "Kitchen in the Bag" as it did provide all of the accessories that I thought I would use. I have not as of yet used the wok or the frying pan. I think I will use the wok next week and make Bulgogi using flank steak. I will serve it over rice.

Any flank steak should work. I buy the Flank steak at the butcher and have him pound it out, then freeze it until ready to use. I cut it very thin when it is still partially frozen. If you don't have a butcher buy it from the meat section and pound it out at home, then freeze until ready to use.

Just wondering if the flank steak is already marinated when you buy it or do you make your own
Old 08-04-2013, 01:46 PM   #27

1968 17' Caravel
I had to look up bulgogi - that sounds delicious! I made the Korean skewers night before last, and the beef I used (couldn't find flank steak) was pretty tough after searing it off, so I wrapped it in a tin foil pouch with the rest of the marinade and let it simmer on the cobb for another 2 hours, came out fall apart tender, used it in a stir fry for dinner last night.

I use this recipe, but lighten up on the chili sauce because my hubby doesn't like things very hot. Korean-Style Beef Skewers with Rice Noodles Recipe | MyRecipes.com

Old 08-05-2013, 06:04 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Stephanie
I use a variety of reciepes that i got off the web and from my Korean cookbook for my Bulgogi, but in truth, they are all quite similar. I do not use the Asian pear as I do not normlly have it my refrigerator nor do I use the paste or the lettuce as I serve mine directly over the rice. I use either flank or sirloin although sirloin seems to be the meat of choice. Personally I do not think it makes a difference as the marinade makes them both very tender. Also make sure you slice the meat very thin, thinner then you do for your skewers.

I also adjust the ingredients to suit our taste.

Ingredients:
¼ cup Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tbsp Asian (Toasted) Sesame Oil
1 Tbsp Mirin (Japanese Sweet Rice Wine)
¼ Asian Pear, coarsely grated (about ¼ cup)
½ medium Onion, coarsely grated (about ½ cup)
2 Cloves Garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
½ tsp Fresh Ginger, peeled and finely grated
1 tsp Sesame Seeds, toasted , plus additional for garnish
¼ tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1 pound Beef Sirloin, trimmed of excess fat and thinly sliced
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
8 Red Leaf Or Bibb Lettuce Leaves, for serving
1 cup Cooked White Rice, for serving
½ cup Kimchi, for serving
1 cup Fresh Enoki Mushrooms, trimmed
4 tsp Hot Bean Paste

In large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, mirin, pear, onion, garlic, ginger, sesame seeds, and pepper. Let marinade stand 30 minutes at room temperature, then add beef and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour.

In large skillet over moderately high heat, heat oil. Remove beef from marinade, draining it very briefly over bowl to remove excess liquid, and then cook until browned and done medium-well, 6 to 7 minutes.

Remove beef from heat and serve by filling each lettuce leaf with about 2 tablespoons Korean sticky rice, small handful of beef, 1 tablespoon kimchi, about 8 enoki mushrooms, and about ½ teaspoon hot bean paste. Serve immediately.

John