Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-28-2006, 02:43 PM   #15
Rivet Master
 
Over59's Avatar
 
1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,064
Images: 37
http://www.meredithwoods.com/Rates/rates.html

Year round with cabins.
__________________

__________________
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:53 PM   #16
Rivet Master
 
myboyburt's Avatar
 
1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,705
Images: 12
Blog Entries: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over59
Doesn't look like they offer water after October (except in seasonal sites). I'll give them a call tonight......
__________________

__________________
Michelle & Leon
New England Unit

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:06 PM   #17
Rivet Master
 
nilesrob's Avatar
 
Marietta , Georgia
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,112
Images: 12
We can't help with New England locations, but this will be our second Thanksgiving in an aluminum tube. Last year we went to Big Bend NP (TX) and this year it will be Death Valley.

As for the turkey dinner and washing up and all that - we fried a turkey etc., but since we were (and will be) boondocking, we brought large plastic bags and wrapped up everything we couldn't properly clean and brought it back home with us and cleaned up there. Worked great.

Enjoy the Holiday!! Our kids are never going to know what normal is.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0411 (Small).JPG
Views:	96
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	26357  
__________________
Brad
The Slowsky's
2008 Airstream 27FB International Ocean Breeze
2014 Ford F250 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley Hitch
WBCCI #1271

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:52 PM   #18
Rivet Master
 
myboyburt's Avatar
 
1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,705
Images: 12
Blog Entries: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilesrob
We can't help with New England locations, but this will be our second Thanksgiving in an aluminum tube. Last year we went to Big Bend NP (TX) and this year it will be Death Valley.

As for the turkey dinner and washing up and all that - we fried a turkey etc., but since we were (and will be) boondocking, we brought large plastic bags and wrapped up everything we couldn't properly clean and brought it back home with us and cleaned up there. Worked great.

Enjoy the Holiday!! Our kids are never going to know what normal is.
Wow, looks like a fantastic time!

If we tried eating our turkey dinner outside here in New England we'd be frozen solid.
__________________
Michelle & Leon
New England Unit

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:10 PM   #19
Rivet Master
 
balrgn's Avatar
 
1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,410
Images: 74
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt
Doesn't look like they offer water after October (except in seasonal sites). I'll give them a call tonight......
No one that I know of will have water that late in the season, this far north.
__________________
'74 Overlander (T-O-Bee)
'46 Spartan Manor (Rosie)
'54 Cruiser (Bogart)
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:18 PM   #20
Rivet Master
 
myboyburt's Avatar
 
1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,705
Images: 12
Blog Entries: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by balrgn
No one that I know of will have water that late in the season, this far north.
You are so right Balrgn! None of the places I've check with so far do. Understand why of course. Now just looking for a place that has electric/sewer and a way to fill our fresh water tank if needed.
__________________
Michelle & Leon
New England Unit

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 07:37 AM   #21
Rivet Master
 
nilesrob's Avatar
 
Marietta , Georgia
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,112
Images: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt
Wow, looks like a fantastic time!

If we tried eating our turkey dinner outside here in New England we'd be frozen solid.
We're originally from Lexington, MA (born and bred New Englanders). The NE temperatures are EXACTLY why we moved south. Still love New England, though - just can't live there!
__________________
Brad
The Slowsky's
2008 Airstream 27FB International Ocean Breeze
2014 Ford F250 King Ranch 4X4 w/6.7L Diesel, Hensley Hitch
WBCCI #1271

travelwiththeslowskys.com
nilesrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 09:28 AM   #22
DEO
3 Rivet Member
 
DEO's Avatar
 
2005 25' Safari
West of Boston , Massachusetts
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 217
Normandy Farms is great... We have stayed there several times including once in February (Burrrrr!!) the facilities are excellent... In the winter we camp dry so we keep a porta potty in the trailer for the late night but the shower and bathroom facilities are excellent.
__________________
DEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:32 PM   #23
Rivet Master
 
myboyburt's Avatar
 
1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,705
Images: 12
Blog Entries: 7
Decision Made - It's Normandy Farms for Thanksgiving!

Pattyo and Myboyburt have reserved sites H1 and H2. We will be arriving on Wesdnesday and leaving on Sunday.

For folks who are interested in joining in on our adventure - things to know are:
  • The Office and Recreation buildings will not be open on Thankgiving Day as the staff at Normandy Farms has the day off to enjoy with their famillies.
  • Water is turned off - but we can fill our fresh water tanks at the restroom building(s) - outside connection, with hose.
  • Sites have electric/sewer/cable and are located near the Recreation building.
  • Normandy Farms offers a Thanksgiving Dinner on Saturday for $7.00 per person. Call them as soon as possible if you want tickets. BTW, it's a bring your own plate affair (wonder where they got that idea? ).
  • They offer a Good Sams, AARP and Military discount of 10% - show your card when you check in.
Information on Normandy Farms:

http://normandyfarms.com

http://normandyfarms.com/Normandy06.pdf
__________________
Michelle & Leon
New England Unit

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:16 PM   #24
Rivet Master
 
arodriguez60's Avatar
 
1959 22' Flying Cloud
1969 25' Tradewind
1983 34' Limited
fairview , New Mexico
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 574
Images: 85
I love going in cold weather! Here in NM we will be going Salmon snagging round that time. I like that our AS's are so nice,warm, and cozy when you have been out in the cold.Last weekend it was in the 20's at night at Heron Lake and we were very warm, thanks to the heater, had to turn it to 60, was too warm-have fun and enjoy!
__________________
arodriguez60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:23 PM   #25
Rivet Master
 
myboyburt's Avatar
 
1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,705
Images: 12
Blog Entries: 7
Thanks!

Life is too short to not to spend as much time as possible with family & friends in our Airstreams (and Argosys of course!).
__________________
Michelle & Leon
New England Unit

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:58 PM   #26
Rivet Master
 
myboyburt's Avatar
 
1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,705
Images: 12
Blog Entries: 7
Oh! They are filling up fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt
Pattyo and Myboyburt have reserved sites H1 and H2. We will be arriving on Wesdnesday and leaving on Sunday.

For folks who are interested in joining in on our adventure - things to know are:
  • The Office and Recreation buildings will not be open on Thankgiving Day as the staff at Normandy Farms has the day off to enjoy with their famillies.
  • Water is turned off - but we can fill our fresh water tanks at the restroom building(s) - outside connection, with hose.
  • Sites have electric/sewer/cable and are located near the Recreation building.
  • Normandy Farms offers a Thanksgiving Dinner on Saturday for $7.00 per person. Call them as soon as possible if you want tickets. BTW, it's a bring your own plate affair (wonder where they got that idea? ).
  • They offer a Good Sams, AARP and Military discount of 10% - show your card when you check in.
Information on Normandy Farms:

http://normandyfarms.com

http://normandyfarms.com/Normandy06.pdf
No pressure folks but they tell me they are filling up fast. We've put 5 sites "on hold" next to us in areas H and G. They won't hold them long though......
__________________
Michelle & Leon
New England Unit

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 04:07 PM   #27
Patriotic
 
Chuck's Avatar

 
1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 4,533
Images: 260
wow...filling up fast, for Thanksgiving??? thats surprising. wouldn't have thought that there'd be a big demand.
__________________
Air:291
Wbcci: 3752
'73 Safari 23'
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 04:23 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member
 
pattyo's Avatar
 
1985 25' Sovereign
South Berwick , Maine
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 123
Images: 11
Filling up

My parents are in AZ and in-law's in FL. Grown children will be at their significant other's or out of state. Instead of scheduling visits during the day, it takes a lot of stress off my (step)kids and grandkids to not make the rounds of all obligatory relatives. It will be a nice prelude to the Christmas madness, a little time for ourselves. I've put 16 people in my little dining room; the pilgrims did it outside, this should be fun.
__________________

__________________
WBCCI # 4933 New England Unit
Tin Can Tourists Vintage Club
pattyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
European Airstream Camping Perry On The Road... 8 11-26-2002 10:08 AM
Camping World - No A/C Pan? ViewRVs Furnaces, Heaters, Fireplaces & Air Conditioning 6 06-25-2002 09:55 AM
Goodyear tires available at Camping World 83Excella Tires 0 05-09-2002 09:29 AM
Camping spots ALANSD Our Community 5 05-03-2002 10:55 AM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.