Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2019, 07:16 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1971 31' Sovereign
White Pigeon , Michigan
Calphalon Nesting set

Does anyone have or use the Calphalon nesting set? It's a little more expensive than others but I'm going to be full timing, so I want something easy to clean and that I can get a lot of use out of. Thanks!
emilyweav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:44 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
I can only say the best non stick cookware I've ever used, bar none, is OXO.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:53 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
Decatur , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyweav View Post
Does anyone have or use the Calphalon nesting set? It's a little more expensive than others but I'm going to be full timing, so I want something easy to clean and that I can get a lot of use out of. Thanks!
We do and we bought a small set specifically for the Airstream. While we like the Calphalon quality, the nesting aspect really doesn't save space. They don't really hold together while you're traveling, either.
I've noticed these sets seriously marked down, so maybe that's the best reason to spring for one. Otherwise I'd go for plain ole Calphalon.
We considered a nesting Magma set that lots of folks on AF seem to have, but it seemed overkill for the 2 of us. Happy with just a couple of pots and a cast iron skillet.
runswithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 09:16 AM   #4
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Niagara-on-the-Lake , ON Canada
We have the Magma stainless non-stick set that we bought for our sailboat and brought us with us to the Airstream. It stores perfectly under the sink, but if I was buying again I would get the set that can be used on an induction cook top as stainless isn't really needed ashore.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:46 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Dallas , Texas
Get the magma nonstick cook set. It nest well and takes up very little space. We have expensive pots and pans at home but i think the Magma pots are better when it comes to non stick

"Life is a team sport"
czunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 11:41 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by czunc View Post
Get the magma nonstick cook set. It nest well and takes up very little space. We have expensive pots and pans at home but i think the Magma pots are better when it comes to non stick
+3 on the Magma non-stick. Certainly the most space efficient and surprisingly high quality. Seem a solid as what we use at home. Also a big plus they work on induction.
daleyocum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 08:48 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2019 23' Flying Cloud
Waterford , New York
Magma

I have the magma set that is for conventional or induction. I carry a table top induction burner so that cook somthing aromatic its outside.
Larry1492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:10 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithdogs View Post
We do and we bought a small set specifically for the Airstream. While we like the Calphalon quality, the nesting aspect really doesn't save space. They don't really hold together while you're traveling, either.
I've noticed these sets seriously marked down, so maybe that's the best reason to spring for one. Otherwise I'd go for plain ole Calphalon.
We considered a nesting Magma set that lots of folks on AF seem to have, but it seemed overkill for the 2 of us. Happy with just a couple of pots and a cast iron skillet.
Agree. I have a set of the nesting Magma ones. Wore out and threw out the smallest pot and the skillet... non-stick wore out very quickly. Rarely use most of the others.
Hmm. May be time to give away the rest as I do have 2 cast iron dutch ovens and a small fry pan. So - next rally, free to a good home.
Old 03-10-2019, 06:11 PM   #9
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Amherst , Massachusetts
Make sure you get the protectors to put between nonstick pots when you store them.

+1 on magma.
thiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 03:49 PM   #10
Maxine-A

2019 25' International
Tacoma , Washington
Calphalon Nesting Set

The set that I have for my 25' AS is now on sale at Costco.com. If the below sink storage in your unit is the same size as my 2019 International - they fit perfectly with little wiggle room. I found an All Clad steamer basket that fits perfectly in the large pot. The down side is the weight as they are about as heavy a set as you can find.
Silver Ship is offline   Reply With Quote